Government Questions

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.14K Views
How do I specifically start a business as a government defense supplier?

No matter what shape the economy is in, the government will always have at least a few if not many contracts with defense contractors. I would like to start a business as a supplier to these...

asked Sep 22 '12 at 04:17
Blank
Greg Mc Nulty
75 points

-3 Votes
2 Answers
2.12K Views
Does it matter if a online business is registered or not?

I was wondering about having my online business registered in Canada. My biggest concern about having my business registered is does the governments rules really matter when it comes to online...

asked Jul 31 '12 at 16:33
Blank
Ub3rst4r
103 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.1K Views
Whose laws should my business adhere to; where is the boundary?

I would like to know which country's laws I must abide by when conducting online business. Let's say I want to sell VPNs and here in the UK, this was illegal. In Holland this is legal however (as...

asked Feb 2 '12 at 20:08
Blank
Jwbensley
113 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
5.47K Views
How to sell idea to schools

I have an app idea that I'm working on to help school kids with bullying. I discussed this with a local vice principal and he liked the idea. I'm a developer and am learning to develop mobile apps,...

asked Dec 31 '11 at 03:02
Blank
Will
6 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
2.43K Views
To take government loan for startup, or not?

Recently my government announced they are lending funds for entrepreneurs. Not sure about the interest (which I will find out later), but their terms is first 3 years no repayment needed, then on...

asked Apr 4 '11 at 02:55
Blank
Victor
593 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.1K Views
How have you used the Small Business Administration in launching your start up?

Have you found the SBA to be of any value in launching your start up? We used the SCORE program and got some reasonably helpful advice but other than that, haven't seen much value. Here's the...

asked Mar 29 '11 at 01:03
Blank
Warren E. Hart
2,181 points

10 Votes
2 Answers
2.35K Views
Are you using "Startup America" to help your startup?

StartUpAmerica was launched with much fanfare earlier this year by the White House, Steve Case, IBM, the Kaufman Foundation, and others. Goal is to find ways to help create jobs in the private...

asked Mar 29 '11 at 21:36
Blank
Warren E. Hart
2,181 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
1.71K Views
How could US Policy better promote start-ups?

I am interested in thinking about how US policy could be better formed in order to encourage start-up enterprises and or the expansion of existing businesses. Please suggest what policy(ies) you...

asked Mar 23 '11 at 01:31
Blank
Zkidd
26 points

4 Votes
6 Answers
3.05K Views
What one government action would help you the most to create more new jobs?

The key to the economic recovery is the creation of more jobs. Small business is viewed as the job creation engine and all small businesses were start ups at one point. Governments say they are...

asked Mar 8 '10 at 04:46
Blank
Warren E. Hart
2,181 points

12 Votes
8 Answers
3.44K Views
How will Healthcare Reform Impact Small Businesses?

So it looks inevitable now…the healthcare bill will probably be passed tonight. Without getting into the politics of it, how will this impact small businesses? How will this impact your company? Or...

asked Mar 22 '10 at 12:36
Blank
Zuly Gonzalez
9,194 points