Health Insurance Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.27K Views
Single Employee S Corp - Wage/Salary Options

I'm starting a self-employed S-Corp to perform software development services for which I will charge an hourly rate. I'm setting myself up as the sole employee of the S-Corp and will pay myself...

asked Mar 1 '13 at 08:46
Blank
User25256
6 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.37K Views
Can a startup expense an employee's health insurance premiums?

As a proposed company policy, is it a legal/good idea for employees to just expenses their health care premiums? (By "expense", I mean submit an expense report and get a check that has nothing to...

asked Mar 10 '12 at 05:15
Blank
Brad
117 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.17K Views
1099 versus W2 - health insurance

I have been a 1099 consultant/contractor for the past 5 years. As a contractor I always buy my own health insurance and I deduct these premiums as part of my annual business expenses each year at...

asked Aug 26 '11 at 00:20
Blank
Matt
106 points

7 Votes
4 Answers
2.26K Views
Affordable health insurance while founding a startup

I recently left my job to work on starting up a small software company. While I was employed, I paid about $70 a month for health insurance. I'm on COBRA now, which costs $560/month. Do I have...

asked Dec 29 '10 at 01:20
Blank
Bill
198 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.16K Views
Health Insurance Options

We're a small business (still a good start-up feel, but pretty solid) and I'm curious as to what our health insurance options are? Currently I'd want to insure myself and my other full time...

asked Nov 22 '10 at 04:01
Blank
Xkenneth
140 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.68K Views
should I form a 1-man LLC?

I am a student and do freelance programming work to pay the bills until I graduate and maybe even after. I live in Kansas but I do freelance work across state lines (in Missouri currently) Is it...

asked Oct 6 '10 at 05:50
Blank
Schwiz
126 points

12 Votes
8 Answers
3.42K Views
How will Healthcare Reform Impact Small Businesses?

So it looks inevitable now…the healthcare bill will probably be passed tonight. Without getting into the politics of it, how will this impact small businesses? How will this impact your company? Or...

asked Mar 22 '10 at 12:36
Blank
Zuly Gonzalez
9,194 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
5.47K Views
Medical insurance for non-resident in the USA

I'm condsidering moving to the Valley as one of the options for myself as an entrepreneur I am concerned about the medical insurance. In my home country medicine is formally subsidized by the...

asked Feb 12 '10 at 05:43
Blank
Kirill Blazhko
393 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.03K Views
What solutions are there to removing medical insurance as a barrier to startup hiring?

In the US, medical insurance is tied to the employer in the vast majority of cases. Paying for an employee health plan is beyond the means of many startups. Founders are often willing to take the...

asked Jan 23 '10 at 02:31
Blank
Mark Beadles
502 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.06K Views
How to do financial planning for family before starting a startup?

How to plan such that family financial are planned? What should be part of plan and what should not?

asked Oct 11 '09 at 01:52
Blank
Jigar Shah
131 points