Registration Questions

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.85K Views
What are the steps needed for registering/startup a software company?

I have been working fulltime w/o pay developing my iPhone app, now it's closing to the release time and I think it's about the time start my own company. I wonder if anyone can provide some...

asked Dec 4 '11 at 18:33
Blank
Tom
197 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.59K Views
Should I be weary of naming my business something that may already be registered in the US?

We're based in Canada and are in the process of naming our new business for registration in Canada. We're going to be developing mobile apps. However, we've run into some issues. The name we...

asked Nov 22 '11 at 13:09
Blank
Anon1227
8 points

5 Votes
5 Answers
6.35K Views
What are the ways to sell desktop applications

I'm figuring the ways to sell software online. I want a service that is easy to use. PayPal is good, but I'm not sure if most of the people have PayPal. Also Fortumo is a good service, it works in...

asked Nov 2 '11 at 21:51
Blank
Blez
126 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.11K Views
I'm considering moving out of state -- what costs will I incurr if I take my LLC with me?

I have a LLC registered in NJ, and am thinking of moving out of state. What costs will I incur transferring the LLC to another state (if that is possible)? Will I have to dissolve the LLC in NJ and...

asked Sep 23 '11 at 04:55
Blank
William C
106 points

9 Votes
3 Answers
2.59K Views
What are basic steps to creating a simple marketing strategy for a small startup?

I have started a small startup online business. I need to drive traffic to the site and create new users - a classic "inbound marketing" problem. I have seen that people have asked similar...

asked Sep 23 '11 at 19:33
Blank
Slightly Dillusioned Startup Guy
48 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
3.12K Views
What is the difference between company name, brand and trademark?

I have some ideas that I plans to execute later. But for the moment, I want to "secure" the name, logo etc. of the business. I for one cannot seem to figure out the difference between the company...

asked Sep 28 '11 at 05:32
Blank
Sriram
174 points

7 Votes
8 Answers
3.1K Views
Should give 20% of my start-up away to a high profile UX academic?

I'm in the process of registering a company for my start up. I've been developing the concept 60 hours a week for the past 6 months. I've attracted the interest of a high profile UX academic that...

asked Sep 6 '11 at 16:48
Blank
Nathan Keller
138 points

-1 Votes
2 Answers
2.28K Views
landing page for sign up process for end user x 2 types (s)

The simplest / minimalist sign up processes is usually the best for the end user. Can you provide some examples. I need to create a sign up process for 2 types of end users, similar to a job site....

asked Aug 18 '11 at 03:32
Blank
Webster
1 point

3 Votes
3 Answers
5.14K Views
How to determine share value for a new company?

I'm in the process of setting up a company, and am trying to figure out what numbers to put in the Share Structure Table in the company registration form (download here ). I will be the sole...

asked Aug 4 '11 at 12:59
Blank
Greg Sansom
130 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
1.97K Views
Signup method for very early stage application?

Im working on a saas web application, ive got what I think is a minimal viable product and im now ready to user test it. The question I have is not so much about finding early stage users but...

asked May 27 '11 at 21:55
Blank
Tinny
404 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.21K Views
Where to Register a Social Network Start-Up

I have an e-commerce site and the company is registered in Florida, US. I'm located in Israel, and I have an idea to create a social network site. My main question is which of the following options...

asked Jun 3 '11 at 23:49
Blank
Daniel
24 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
3.05K Views
Login with Google or Facebook on a B2B website - visitor perception

Reducing the barriers to using a website is often a key goal for an eCommerce business. One way of reducing the barrier to the whole 'register/sign up' process and the subsequent 'logging in with...

asked May 11 '11 at 01:14
Blank
Edralph
2,333 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.21K Views
Can an Indian promoter/founder/entrepreneur register his business and get it incorporated in the US?

What is the US law that deals with regulations for incorporated entities? In India, we have the Indian Companies Act, 1956. I am an entrepreneur. I want to know if I can register my business as a...

asked May 15 '11 at 04:32
Blank
Water Cooler V2
139 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.04K Views
How should I register my business

My friend and I have been working as independent energy consultants for about a year now and we are planning to incorporate to be able to extend our services. We both got our PhDs last year and we...

asked Feb 17 '11 at 22:56
Blank
Siah
106 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.96K Views
Is it mandatory to get a small-online-startup-business registered in USA?

Specs- Its gonna be a one man show. The person running the business already has a dayjob elsewhere. I guess he's a waiter and I am not sure if he has an EIN. He would like to avoid registrations...

asked Feb 2 '11 at 20:38
Blank
Prateek Mishra
137 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.08K Views
What information to gather when registering users

We all know that it's really important for an impatient SaaS user to not make them spend too much time filling forms. Having said that there maybe some important fields that needs to be gathered...

asked Jan 17 '11 at 13:13
Blank
User3462
345 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.38K Views
Is the Secretary of State the general office, state to state, for registering a company?

All varying acronyms of incorporation aside, what exceptions (i.e. particular states) are there to the assumption that from state to state, if I need to register my company (for whatever particular...

asked Dec 1 '10 at 02:03
Blank
Mfg
246 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.12K Views
Where should one register a company?

I'm not a US citizen but planning to start an international business. So I'm wondering if there's a benefit/profit/perspective of registering a company in a different country than mine, like US,...

asked Nov 10 '10 at 18:55
Blank
Denys S.
166 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.74K Views
Registrations for E-Retail business in USA

We plan to start e-retail (online retail business of organic products) in USA and would like to know the following: - Do we need to take license to start online business? - Any registration...

asked Nov 13 '10 at 05:07
Blank
Manuj
51 points

11 Votes
9 Answers
4.21K Views
User Registration forms - user name or email address?

I would like as simple as possible a registration and login process. Should I use a username or an email address as the key identifier during the login? (Presumably the user db might also a user...

asked Oct 28 '10 at 19:12
Blank
J Delage
277 points