Shipping Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.1K Views
Any good alternatives to Fulfillment by Amazon?

I want to use a third party service for storing and processing my inventory for an eCommerce site. The logistics of packing and shipping are just too much for me to bear.The problem is that the...

asked Jul 14 '14 at 21:59
Blank
Harold Paschal
7 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
Collecting sales tax for a web-based LLC in Missouri that ships product

I co-own an LLC in Missouri that ships products that we manufacture to people around the country. I am unclear on when to collect sales tax. There is a lot of conflicting information, and the MO...

asked Sep 24 '13 at 04:41
Blank
Joseph.Hainline
116 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
What to Charge Customers for Lost Shipments

I'm a very small business with limited means. I sent a shipment to Australia from the United States via USPS Priority Mail. I charged the customer the USPS's cost $34.80 for shipping plus for three...

asked Apr 7 '13 at 06:16
Blank
Lee Richardson
108 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
What are my options for shipping an order valued at over $2500?

We normally ship through the USPS We just got an order for over $2500 and got this alert: An Electronic Information (EEI) form must be filed for each international shipment valued over...

asked Mar 14 '13 at 04:34
Blank
Clay Nichols
737 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
Shipping "rewards" from a Kickstarter project

(i cant find a stack relating to "Crowdfunding" or similar so decided to put this in here, please feel free to migrate it to a more suitable stack if you know of one) I am currently running a...

asked Feb 13 '13 at 02:39
Blank
Darkcat Studios
190 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
Shipping goods from India to Texas

I am starting a clothing business and have a manufacturer in Mumbai, India. Do I pay and Indian tax and/or a US tax for importing/exporting? THANKS

asked Dec 11 '12 at 03:40
Blank
Lisa Armstrong
6 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
How can sellers offer a low price and include free shipping?

I am starting up a virtual site and was doing some research on shipping. I understand the concept of offering a price and mark them as free shipping to attract customers. In reality, the price haa...

asked Oct 19 '12 at 02:12
Blank
Meggy
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
How to deal with lazy store owners?

I am starting an eCommerce marketplace of local stores, they can upload their products on my platform and buyers can place orders through us. I also plan to have a program like powership (ebay )...

asked Oct 31 '12 at 22:29
Blank
Stanford Sequeira
42 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
Should I partner with shipping companies?

I am Starting an E-commerce marketplace , my website is under the design process as of now, at this stage should I approach shipping companies asking them to partner with us to provide fulfillment...

asked Aug 23 '12 at 15:53
Blank
Stanford Sequeira
42 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
How to designate terms for international shipping via FedEx or similar services?

For years I've been using "FOB our office" to signify that the buyer pays for all shipping door-to-door, insurance, import duties, etc. In other words, we hand the package to the FedEx guy and...

asked Jun 2 '12 at 01:22
Blank
Martin's
121 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.71K Views
How long does it take for shipping manufactured goods from China to US via sea?

I'm trying to get the first batch of my product from China to the US. The products are not enough to fill a shipping container, but will be too expensive to do airfreight. How long does Ocean...

asked Feb 8 '12 at 20:24
Blank
User106377
96 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.35K Views
How can I ship frozen food cost effectively like other businesses I have found online?

SendAMeal.com will ship me five days worth of frozen meals using UPS Ground 3-6 day shipping for 12 dollars. They will also ship me a $45 lasagna for the same price. I don't understand how they can...

asked Jan 2 '12 at 10:00
Blank
Keith Walton
106 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
Are shipping charges taxable?

I purchase products and resell them, adding services that relate to computers and technology. For example, I might purchase a laptop, install custom software and settings according to my customer's...

asked Sep 29 '11 at 11:40
Blank
J Yelton
113 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
Advice on starting a drop shipping business

I want to start a drop shipping online shop. The products can be anything that could be profitable. I'm thinking about stuff like: Latex clothing Toys for children Japanese electronics like...

asked Oct 2 '11 at 05:46
Blank
Herr K
292 points