Education Questions

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.06K Views
Legality of using/embedding MP3s?

I am working on a language learning startup. I think that one of the best ways to study is through music. For that purpose I would like to include MP3s on the website, together with related study...

asked Nov 25 '11 at 12:00
Blank
Pogopuschel
101 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.01K Views
I have started an online forum for university students, how do I get users?

My website is rather unique in what it offers to users. Not only does it offer a forum specific for different subjects, but it includes Links boards and News boards for the subjects where users can...

asked Nov 6 '11 at 04:45
Blank
Noah O
8 points

7 Votes
7 Answers
3.22K Views
Is it a good strategy to quit college and learn about entrepreneurship just by reading books at home?

There are alot of resources online about best books for entrepreneurs, is it good to quit college and learn that at home and then do a startup after learning it?

asked Sep 26 '11 at 05:42
Blank
Drew X
77 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.08K Views
For an educational service startup, what would be the effect if we provide expert-exchange through webinars?

We are making a I.T based framework, which contains visual learning, MCQ-exam, student performance analytic. We think to put expert-exchange service in our business model. Here experts...

asked Sep 17 '11 at 04:53
Blank
Darshan Joshi
154 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.01K Views
For an educational services startup, how do you finalize your business plan and marketing strategy?

We are trying to target the education sector for our business, we are developing the resources with the following features: Interactive animation for subject content Examination Tracking system...

asked Sep 13 '11 at 17:51
Blank
Darshan Joshi
154 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.33K Views
What's the best way to offer an educational discount online?

I'm thinking about offering a discount to students for a software product. I may even give them free licenses. What's the best/easiest way of verifying that someone is a student or an...

asked Aug 9 '11 at 01:13
Blank
Coder Dennis
691 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
4.51K Views
How do you get the names of MBA textbooks being used in Wharton, Columbia or Harvard?

Ivy league colleges do provide their specific curriculum, but they don't give out the textbooks names, how do you get them ? So far I have been able to find wharton 2005-06 books list on amazon...

asked Jul 14 '11 at 06:30
Blank
Jack
21 points

4 Votes
11 Answers
3.17K Views
To study or to startup- that's the question

I am a 22 year old web developer. In the last three years I have been developing for the mobile and web platform. I've been hired with no degree, based on my skills solely. I am now faced with a...

asked Jun 20 '11 at 05:06
Blank
Vondip
584 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.57K Views
Is formal business education important for startups?

I see a startup in my future, either the business or the tech side. I am a Computer Science major, what I want to know is if it is worth minoring in Entrepreneurship (or some other business minor)...

asked May 5 '11 at 01:01
Blank
Yoel
116 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.23K Views
Finding Developers for a Web-Based Tech StartUp at age 15

I've done some beginning work on an idea for what I describe as a True Education Management System, one that focuses on both the community (and by community I mean all users of this WebApp, not...

asked Dec 21 '10 at 09:26
Blank
Display Name
118 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
4.57K Views
Best Education Software Distributors

I have a software application targeting the education sector. I lack sales knowledge and would like to sell it through distributors. Can anyone recommend any distributors specializing in education...

asked Dec 3 '10 at 04:08
Blank
User5765
106 points

-2 Votes
4 Answers
1.74K Views
What major in US universities is closest to entrepreneurship?

What major in an American university teaches you exactly how to make money?

asked Dec 7 '10 at 19:30
Blank
Steven
1 point

3 Votes
5 Answers
2.2K Views
What business schools are best for entrepreneurship?

Again, what business schools are best for entrepreneurship?

asked Dec 8 '10 at 09:15
Blank
John Berryman
388 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.31K Views
Starting New School

I'm starting a new post-secondary school (college) that is project-based and the curriculum is student-centered and have definitely bit off a lot to chew. Funding and a partner would be nice....

asked Jul 7 '10 at 16:16
Blank
Ryan Chatterton
921 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.21K Views
Starting New School 2nd Question

Also, Initially we will be starting as a business/entrepreneurship school. I've toyed with two ideas for teachers. Experience entrepreneurs or somewhat experienced generalists that have great and...

asked Jul 7 '10 at 16:23
Blank
Ryan Chatterton
921 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
1.84K Views
Starting New School 3rd Question

I've been discussing with my colleagues on how best to price the school. We've come up with some really innovative solutions. -Charge per session, allowing students to skip sessions that don't...

asked Jul 10 '10 at 05:42
Blank
Ryan Chatterton
921 points