Forum Questions

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.89K Views
Hosting images outside main site?

I noticed that sites like StackOverflow host user-submitted images outside their site, (in the SO case, at imgur). I've also seen forums do the same thing. Are there advantages to taking this...

asked Oct 30 '12 at 03:49
Blank
Martin's
121 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.41K Views
Should I use a user feedback system like UserVoice or just use a support forum?

I don't really like the idea of paying $20+ per month to run a glorified message board (GetSatisfaction, UserVoice, etc.). But these kinds of services seem to be pretty popular. So am I missing...

asked Jul 24 '12 at 02:53
Blank
Richard
357 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.76K Views
Alternatives to externalize community forum (for support/KB)?

I'm working to launch ASAP my product and need a Forum for support and knowledge-base purposes. Because of time, money and other constraints cannot implement nor host it on my site (which is Azure...

asked Mar 3 '12 at 01:02
Blank
Nestor Sanchez A
690 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.97K Views
I have started an online forum for university students, how do I get users?

My website is rather unique in what it offers to users. Not only does it offer a forum specific for different subjects, but it includes Links boards and News boards for the subjects where users can...

asked Nov 6 '11 at 04:45
Blank
Noah O
8 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.17K Views
Anywhere I can submit a CV and get business ideas?

Does anybody know of anywhere I can send a CV to and get back advice for what kind of business I'd be best to go into? I know how much capital I have available and my skills, but I don't know about...

asked Oct 2 '11 at 11:06
Blank
Chris Browne
108 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.46K Views
Is there a forum for actually starting something up?

I like all the new stack forums, I think they're like the fora equivalents of Twitter. OnStartups seems to be a place where you can ask general questions about start ups, but is there a forum...

asked Apr 25 '11 at 00:26
Blank
Pongy
18 points

7 Votes
5 Answers
2.93K Views
How do online forum sites get users?

There are millions of forums out there where users are required to register in order to post. How do these sites grow from nothing?

asked Apr 14 '11 at 23:33
Blank
Raklos
138 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.12K Views
How does one go about starting a community/forum?

Active forums and communities take on a life of there own. My question is how to get started. A forum with tumbleweeds rolling through it will never get anywhere. There is some kind of minimum...

asked Mar 19 '11 at 04:08
Blank
Kenneth Vogt
2,917 points