Books Questions

4 Votes
5 Answers
4.16K Views
Good books on sales for non-sales people?

I'm looking for a good intro book on Sales done the right way. Focusing on the customer's needs and problems. Low-pressure selling. Being willing to disqualify a customer. Basically, my sales...

asked May 30 '11 at 01:47
Blank
Clay Nichols
737 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.4K Views
What is the best startup hiring book?

I am starting to hire people int our startup. We actually need to hire very quickly and effectively at the same time as we don't have a lot of chance to make mistakes. What is the best book...

asked Apr 22 '11 at 06:22
Blank
Jorge Guzman
45 points

5 Votes
6 Answers
2.84K Views
Good Books to Read Before Doing a Web Based Startup

Here's a short list I compiled from some folks I've talked to. The Art of the Start by Guy Kawasaki Founders at Work by Jessica Livingston The Four Steps to the Epiphany by Steve Blank Getting...

asked Mar 21 '11 at 12:05
Blank
Mike Walsh
745 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.54K Views
Creating software based on a book is copyright infringement?

I'm creating a software that's based on the teachings of a book. I want to name it after the book. Will there be a copyright infringement problem although they are in two different categories? If...

asked Feb 20 '11 at 23:38
Blank
Brown And Friendly
43 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.93K Views
What are the books or other sources that gave you the knowledge that contributed to the success of your business?

Possible Duplicate: What books do you recommend? What are the must-read books/sites/blogs/articles for the people who start their small IT business? What would you suggest to pay particular...

asked Feb 12 '11 at 23:47
Blank
Alexey
101 points

10 Votes
13 Answers
3.57K Views
What is the single most influential book every entrepreneur should read?

What is the most important business book to you?

asked Feb 19 '11 at 08:28
Blank
Appmaster
89 points

14 Votes
1 Answers
3.08K Views
What is the single ONE book should every startup owner read about accounting?

What is the single most useful accounting book for the bootstrapped entrepreneur? It is my single largest flaw in my business education, I imagine a lot of people are in the same boat.

asked Jan 18 '11 at 11:34
Blank
Steve French
621 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
2.59K Views
What was the last book you read?

Possible Duplicate: What books do you recommend? Being an entrepreneur, we may need to learn from books. What was the last book you read? To me, it was "Founders at work".

asked Dec 20 '10 at 00:30
Blank
Steven
1 point

5 Votes
4 Answers
2.01K Views
Any great book on how to talk to people, especially to a person who seems not to get along with you

I want to read some great books on how to talk to people, how to handle people's unfriendly comment non-defensively, how to turn a potential quarrel to a friendly and pleasant talk. I know there is...

asked Dec 22 '10 at 15:56
Blank
Steven
1 point

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.31K Views
What do you think of the book "The secret" by Rhonda Byrne?

Is it really helpful in reality? Why is it helpful? How is it helpful?

asked Dec 22 '10 at 22:35
Blank
Steven
1 point

4 Votes
7 Answers
7.56K Views
What is a good, widely used business 101 textbook?

What is a good Business 101 textbook that I, a technical founder, can use to give myself a crash course in business. I'm not looking for "Business for Dummies" or "Start Your Business in 24 Days"...

asked Dec 14 '10 at 03:52
Blank
Daniel Bingham
148 points

6 Votes
7 Answers
3.19K Views
How helpful are 37Signals' books?

I've heard much about the books of 37Signals: Getting Real and REWORK. Just how helpful are they? Are they really worth reading?

asked Nov 22 '10 at 14:07
Blank
Apophenia Overload
133 points

15 Votes
25 Answers
5.37K Views
What's the best business book you have ever read?

I need inspirational and pragmatic business books.

asked Nov 25 '10 at 15:19
Blank
Steven
1 point

5 Votes
3 Answers
3.43K Views
What are the must-have books on brand development?

There are books for every topic which most in the field consider definitive or must-haves. For instance, for usability and application design, Designing the Obvious, Don't Meke Me Think, and The...

asked Dec 1 '10 at 16:34
Blank
Calvin Huang
126 points

12 Votes
7 Answers
4.14K Views
What are the best free resources for a startup?

Question's focus is: free + resource = value So, far there have been a lot of answers related to software, have any other suggestions? Examples: Books, Trial Services, etc.

asked Oct 16 '10 at 23:21
Blank
Blunders .
899 points

9 Votes
10 Answers
3.41K Views
Motivational Books

Being an entrepreneur is a difficult task. What books helped you get motivated and keep going? For me it was: Founders At Work

asked Oct 3 '10 at 22:16
Blank
Tiago
333 points

6 Votes
10 Answers
3.63K Views
What is the best book on marketing you have ever read?

What is the best book on marketing you have ever read?

asked Aug 24 '10 at 21:23
Blank
Steven
1 point

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.87K Views
Can you recommend one (or two) book(s) that will explain the process of creating a startup with three cofounders?

I'm not sure quite how to explain this because I'm so new to it all. I've searched this site, as well as google, for books or online resources on how to start a startup and I'm still struggling to...

asked Aug 26 '10 at 14:11
Blank
Beachrunnerjoe
319 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.47K Views
What's the best book you read about how to chat with a stranger?

It seems that I need to be good at if I want to be successful at business.

asked Jul 28 '10 at 17:57
Blank
Jack
116 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.21K Views
Selling ebooks when the same information is available for free

I see some people making money from selling ebooks and they doing pretty good. When I look at the titles, I know I can easily get the same information by doing some research & reading using...

asked May 22 '10 at 02:28
Blank
Tony Henrich
85 points