Beginning Questions

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.52K Views
My wife and I are looking to start 3 seperate businesses, all with different products and services

Should I form a parent company to keep it simple with administrative and taxes? One business is an online retailer, another is a niche sports studio, and another is a media agency. My train of...

asked Jul 1 '13 at 02:40
Blank
Ohio Johnny
16 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.14K Views
Investor Share Dilution Protection

When an investor invests an amount in a startup company exchange for equity, how do they protect themselves from being significantly diluted by a larger investor? And is that even an issue?

asked May 10 '11 at 07:30
Blank
Pate
306 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
4K Views
How much money is needed to open a landing page?

I would like to know how much money is needed to open a landing page of a product or service. including domain registration, web design, hosting, adwords, etc.

asked Feb 10 '11 at 07:54
Blank
Appmaster
89 points

16 Votes
12 Answers
9.13K Views
Deciding titles in a startup

Before I ask, I just finished my undergrad degree in CS, so I have little or no experience in these things. So please answer accordingly! I had an idea for a startup and I discussed it with a few...

asked Jan 4 '11 at 19:10
Blank
Abc
81 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
3.2K Views
Improvement of existing product

So I have (what I think) is a good improvement for an existing pet product that I use daily. There are also many people who use the same product that I think would like the modification I've...

asked Nov 7 '10 at 10:08
Blank
Sblackwell
21 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.09K Views
How effective it is to give away prizes to increase subscriptions in a blog?

For example offering a gift card, t-shirt, etc... to people who sign up to your blog or website in general... does this work? is it worth it?

asked Oct 23 '10 at 04:53
Blank
Ricardo
4,815 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.84K Views
Can you recommend one (or two) book(s) that will explain the process of creating a startup with three cofounders?

I'm not sure quite how to explain this because I'm so new to it all. I've searched this site, as well as google, for books or online resources on how to start a startup and I'm still struggling to...

asked Aug 26 '10 at 14:11
Blank
Beachrunnerjoe
319 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.11K Views
A-2-Z web hosting on Amazon AWS

All, I am studying web dvp, and one of my classes is project-based. We have to build a functional site that demonstrate our understanding of: HTML, CSS, Javascript, php, MySQL, And potentially...

asked May 4 '10 at 00:19
Blank
J Delage
277 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
3K Views
How do you manage risk in a venture?

What are the types of risk that one can encounter in a startup? How can you manage or cope with uncertainty? How can you minimize risk?

asked Oct 10 '09 at 13:33
Blank
Van Nguyen
482 points