Photography Questions

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.97K Views
Why do VCs continue to fund "photo app" startups?

Except for the 2-3 outliers (Instagram, Snapchat, etc), most of the photo sharing apps fail and close doors. Or get acqui-hired.Yet why do VCs continue to fund them? Is there much more to be had in...

asked Jun 19 '14 at 16:41
Blank
Cheryl Guynn
2 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.22K Views
Advice on finding and selecting photographs for use on company website?

We are about to start designing our company website and are needing free, or low-cost, high quality photographs for use in our site. Does anybody have any advice on finding, and selecting, stock...

asked Aug 14 '14 at 07:48
Blank
Garysvpa
53 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.83K Views
Lessons learned for new freelance photographers?

What are some things I should look out for when starting my freelance photography business? Pitfalls to avoid, etc.

asked Mar 11 '14 at 20:14
Blank
Tammy Garcia
30 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
5.08K Views
Is it legal to photograph my TV screen and use those images?

If I were to take my camera and take pictures of shows playing on my television, do I have the legal right to use those photographs online?I'm building an entertainment blog around this concept.

asked Feb 24 '14 at 17:31
Blank
Jason Tillery
45 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.06K Views
Where do I find market data for photo marketplace?

Our startup is an open market place for photos and illustrations. I am trying to find market analysis to define the size of our market, which can be sumed up as the number of users dissatisfied...

asked Jan 3 '12 at 16:55
Blank
Mconnors
15 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
4.89K Views
I am a web model and I signed a contract with a non-compete clause I want to get out with out a problem help?

The contract is for 2 years and im only 2 months into it and it also has a non compete clause/Exclusivity clause ... so i really want to get out of this fast its a bad bad deal.. D. Exclusivity....

asked Oct 18 '11 at 00:06
Blank
Kiki
16 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.69K Views
New Photography Business

I am looking into starting a new business for photography and wanted to see if theres a clearly defined list if things I can write off for it. I'm assuming I won't make any money for a while either...

asked Sep 4 '11 at 04:09
Blank
Benny
121 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.3K Views
Business website founder mugshots

On many business websites, the "about us" tab has some photos of senior staff together with short biographies. This question is about those photos. What makes a good founder mugshot? What does...

asked Jun 4 '11 at 06:40
Blank
Paperjam
394 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
3.1K Views
Cloud-based accounting software

I am in the process of starting a business. The nature of the business is Photography (weddings, etc.). What would be a good accounting software solution (preferably cloud-based or SaaS)?

asked Mar 18 '11 at 05:38
Blank
Brian David Berman
140 points