Partnerships Questions

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.92K Views
Getting funding with an unorthodox team

We have three co-founders...all of us business men and business owners. None of us are programmers. We have decided that finding one more co-founder(a coder), would probably be the best move for...

asked Jun 20 '12 at 10:36
Blank
Derek
164 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
3.04K Views
How To Structure A Partnership

First I must say, this site is quite impressive. I found it while researching partnership agreements. That being said, I am nearing a fairly important conversation with my current partner to...

asked Jun 12 '12 at 14:51
Blank
Icon
69 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.8K Views
Importance of Business Networking in a Tech Company

Everybody seems to think the opposite, but does it really matters how well you are connected with others entrepreneurs, developers or VCs when you own a tech company? It seems obvious that it...

asked May 30 '12 at 23:08
Blank
Hartator
116 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.25K Views
Steps before starting a partnership

I have seen quite a lot of questions/doubts and concerns here on http://answers.onstartups.com about partnerships. Splitting, percentages, responsibilities, legal obligations etc etc. In my...

asked Jun 2 '12 at 01:30
Blank
User983248
489 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.67K Views
What to do when partners have dropped out?

This is my situation. I had an idea and wanted to start developing it into a product. I brought in my first "partner" which is a guy I work with on a regular basis, I kicked some ideas around with...

asked Apr 26 '12 at 16:11
Blank
Binary X
208 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.88K Views
What should I watch out for when closing an LLC?

I'm declaring one of my startups kaput and moving on to another. The first venture, Stronico Contact Management, was an llc and had a ten percent partner. We declared it closed by mutual agreement...

asked Apr 25 '12 at 04:32
Blank
Steve French
621 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.05K Views
Business proposal: good or bad?

The situation is this. I am a software developer that, in his free time, has developed a software library for a specific purpose. I use it to write custom applications that I sell or sell directly...

asked Mar 12 '12 at 22:11
Blank
Lukeluke
8 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.5K Views
I have startup in education[forprofit] domain what should I do next?

I have made a start-up, we are a group of 4 members. We are trying to build educational service model in which we provide animated materials, audiobooks, e Learning service to schools. Animation...

asked Mar 3 '12 at 19:06
Blank
Darshan Joshi
154 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
5.52K Views
Wealth Dynamics, is it actually useful or just overhyped?

I have just been sent a link, from a somewhat trusted source, to a system for catagorising Entrepreneurs and before handing over the money wanted to see if anyone else has heard about it. From...

asked Mar 5 '12 at 15:38
Blank
Robin Vessey
8,394 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
1.92K Views
First equity what questions should I ask and how?

Last month I was offered for an equity on a startup venture. It's an online store focus on selling customized toys. Their business models looks good and promising. But I just have few doubts and...

asked Mar 6 '12 at 23:38
Blank
Pennf0lio
140 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
3.38K Views
How do we split the equity when one partner simply provides the idea while the other partner builds the software

Possible Duplicate: Forming a new software startup, how do I allocate ownership fairly? A friend of mine came to me (I'm a software developer) with a software project idea that he had and we...

asked Mar 1 '12 at 23:05
Blank
Diego
101 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.74K Views
Is multitasking in a start-up (even a big company) advised?

Im asking this as im not sure whether it is better to have partners, who are good in more than one discipline (eg sales/marketing and development/programming), share their time across departments...

asked Feb 10 '12 at 21:48
Blank
I Scotts
152 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.8K Views
Determining net worth when a partner leaves

I am leaving a partnership, and trying to determine my share so I can sign off. The partnership was 80%/20%, with the 20% going to me. I am the programmer, he is the idea owner. My partner...

asked Feb 3 '12 at 15:34
Blank
Vigrond
130 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.33K Views
Registering a company in India with multiple activities

I am from Chennai, India. I'm planning to start a few different websites in sectors like recruitment, social networking, health care, IT solutions, matrimony, real estate, promotion of products,...

asked Feb 8 '12 at 07:01
Blank
Radha
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.77K Views
Partners in an LLC

I'm about to bring on two partners in my LLC. However both have indicated that the "partnership" would be between my company and each of their incorporated entities. Is that normal? What is the...

asked Jan 27 '12 at 09:36
Blank
Chris Lively
443 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.66K Views
Is it legal or even common to require business partners to sign a prenup in the event they get married?

I'm considering starting a company with a few friends. Each of us are single guys. We're wondering, is it legal or common for a company to require other owners to sign a prenup in the event they...

asked Jan 28 '12 at 13:58
Blank
Dave
124 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.17K Views
When to ditch a partnership

I have been working on a project for a little over a year. This project was my partners idea, and we agreed to a percentage of the stake when it gets done. (he gets the majority) Originally, the...

asked Jan 29 '12 at 01:21
Blank
Vigrond
130 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.83K Views
How to make sure ,to be partner won't turnback after getting the lead

We are planning a start up website to sell few products which are available locally but have quite demand on other places. Here to outline I have the following experience: 1. Strong Technical...

asked Jan 18 '12 at 04:54
Blank
Simsons
101 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.03K Views
Possible drama in a starting startup

I know this is TL;DR material but I'm just trying to sort this out and feel I might need an outsiders view. I was approached to become the CTO and co-founder of a startup. The founder pitched me...

asked Jan 21 '12 at 05:57
Blank
Graham
108 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
1.96K Views
How much is groupthink an advantage for the early founding years of a startup?

Well, recently I had a chat with my current boss over my previous experience of getting booted out from a startup due to having different views from the 2 founders (they were very gd friends and...

asked Jan 13 '12 at 09:37
Blank
Snowpolar
111 points