Partnerships Questions

1 Votes
2 Answers
8.43K Views
What is the difference between a Business Partner and Co-Founder?

Maybe it's just semantics, but I am putting the word out that my biz will benefit from either. We have pushed a product off the shelf and are starting to acquire customers, yet the effort has...

asked Oct 9 '11 at 02:31
Blank
Richard H.
175 points

2 Votes
8 Answers
7.55K Views
20% equity and CTO. (Story and details). Is this fair?

This is a long exposition. Please bear with me, I think that I need to provide as much specifics as possible, while keeping it as short as possible. Thanks for reading, any feedback is much...

asked Sep 30 '11 at 05:22
Blank
Potential Partnership
13 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.56K Views
How can I get public business information regarding a small company?

I would like to verify the claims a small business is making, regarding ownership. How can I research this and see if they are making false claims, or misrepresenting the real nature of their...

asked Oct 3 '11 at 09:22
Blank
Makerofthings7
101 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.64K Views
Marketing Education ERP with partners

We have an ERP product that is targeted at schools, colleges, small & large institutes. We are looking to sell this product online with SaaS model. The product is ready and we are now...

asked Sep 25 '11 at 21:45
Blank
Dartz Educational Erp
3 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.48K Views
Minority share holder/ advice wanted

I have a business partner who has contributed 15% of the total or our small business, but will be contibuting around 40-50% of the workload. He will also gain 100% profits for his own work which...

asked Sep 9 '11 at 15:58
Blank
Lewis
1 point

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.58K Views
Where to find mentors/advisors for garage stage startup company?

I have an idea related to healthcare communications and am trying to find mentors/advisors who would be willing to guide my partner and I towards success. I live in Silicon Valley. I was...

asked Aug 31 '11 at 06:10
Blank
Saif Akhtar
53 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.12K Views
Leave Seed Stage Startup - Partnership Issues

My partner and I started an online service. When we formed the idea for the company, we came out strong with a lot of energy, but it seems as if my partner's priorities are now elsewhere. I'm the...

asked Sep 2 '11 at 07:41
Blank
User13096
6 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.64K Views
How to find reliable business partners

I've been trying to get involved, get my name out there, and network with fellow local entrepreneurs in my area. I am a 22 year old developer/designer, student and entrepreneur at heart. From what...

asked Sep 2 '11 at 23:57
Blank
User9968
229 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.29K Views
Pay a lawyer to convert partnership to LLC or do it myself?

I recently started a partnership (4 months ago) and now I want to convert it over to an LLC. We are starting to generate profit and we would like the limited liability protection. I've been...

asked Aug 23 '11 at 04:18
Blank
Edgar Miranda
230 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.11K Views
How to find business person who reall knows demands of small biz, not talkative idea guy?

I'm a solid programmer with 5+ years of experience in software development. I know how to do things from beginning to the end and want to start my own company. I spend for more them 6 months in...

asked Aug 11 '11 at 14:39
Blank
Areshchanka Alexandr
49 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
2.15K Views
Having a schedule for our startup?

I'm in a partnership with my brother, we decides to do a partnership together since we live in the same house and had the same schedule. We are running our business from home right now, making...

asked Aug 12 '11 at 05:10
Blank
Edgar Miranda
230 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.43K Views
Fair to ask for anti-dilution when I have a lot less equity than my partners?

I'm leaving an extremely well paying job, one that I'm even fairly happy with, for a startup that I think will do really well. It's been a difficult choice because I have a family and a mortgage....

asked Aug 15 '11 at 06:41
Blank
Imaginative
205 points

1 Votes
6 Answers
3.05K Views
Divorcing A Partner Without An Operating Agreement

Here's the scenario: Myself and 2 partners have been working on a project since January. Since we are all friends (mistake number 1) we orally agreed to split the future company's equity three ways...

asked Aug 5 '11 at 01:07
Blank
Miles
130 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.28K Views
Lead Generation as a Business partner.

A bit of background…. I have worked for IT consulting firms (B2B) for the past 8 years. More recently with Firms that are business a partners with major vendors. I have held just about every...

asked Aug 8 '11 at 22:51
Blank
Morons
16 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.05K Views
Need a bank partnership for my website...any suggestions?

Im starting a website however my site is dependant on the use of a financial institution to serve as place where members can deposit money for future use. Does anyone have any suggestions on the...

asked Aug 9 '11 at 23:32
Blank
B Run
16 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
1.97K Views
Valuation Of Non-Existing Product/Business

Out of a team of three, two of us have decided that we need to part ways with the third partner. We want to buy her out, but we are struggling to value our venture and, therefore, don't have a clue...

asked Aug 10 '11 at 03:19
Blank
Miles
130 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.41K Views
Partnership agreement advice -- I have the idea & ops, he has the marketing investment and industry exp

I successfully pitched a player in an industry about a business idea that offers a novel approach to creating leads in his industry. He presently runs a company that I'll call a "provider of...

asked Jul 25 '11 at 05:09
Blank
Springster
23 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.25K Views
90 days and $XXK to get to the finish line?

This is a related question to another post I made here: Partnership agreement advice -- I have the idea & ops, he has the marketing investment and industry exp. But here's a critical issue that...

asked Jul 26 '11 at 02:19
Blank
Springster
23 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
4.89K Views
How much percentage an investor ideally deserve?

Last year we started a software firm, we have managed to build a good technical team and do a couple of projects which helped us hang around. Recently we had an offer from one of the investor to...

asked Jul 13 '11 at 13:08
Blank
Fayaz
35 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.91K Views
Seeking Google+ Development Partner

Does anyone know of or have contacts for any companies that have products centered around Google’s APIs? We’re looking to potentially partner with a company on a product for Google+ and...

asked Jul 14 '11 at 02:37
Blank
User347312
36 points