Partnerships Questions

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.42K Views
Can A Legal Immigrant do Seed Funding?

I'm a legal immigrant. I want to seed fund a start up. Is that possible?

asked Jan 25 '11 at 12:34
Blank
Vanchinathan Chandrasekaran
115 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.93K Views
How many companies or LLCs exist where at least one of the partners did not put up capital to receive equity in the LLC?

How many companies or LLCs exist where at least one of the partners did not put up capital to receive equity in the LLC? For example, in an online business one partner may pay all of the bills...

asked Jan 25 '11 at 12:56
Blank
Anthony O
51 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.16K Views
As pertaining to a sole proprietorship or partnership, how much am I legal responsible from a business perspective?

For instance, if someone sues me because they do not like the product offered or if someone else sues me because of a contract violation. How much is the owners responsible for (in this case me)...

asked Jan 13 '11 at 06:35
Blank
Justin
113 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.4K Views
STARTUP: partnership or hire?

Ok I invested in my business and built the software, now got to run it! If I hire my friend, to do all this business, and I do all things technical. How should I pay him? 1) salary 2) with...

asked Dec 17 '10 at 17:35
Blank
167 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.64K Views
Tips on getting partners in the USA

We are a small startup located in Sweden, but our product, soon to be released is of course just as interesting in america as in Sweden. We will be looking for partnering with consulting firms...

asked Dec 27 '10 at 04:48
Blank
Fredrik Tonn
40 points

16 Votes
1 Answers
4.25K Views
Are we about to be shafted by a Corporate Shark?

My husband went into business with a gentleman who seemed to be very clued up (he's an accountant). He has numerous other businesses and was able to open doors that we would never have had access...

asked Dec 31 '10 at 01:06
Blank
Rodders
81 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.1K Views
General partnership or joint venture with global online company?

I want to establish a partnership with a company abroad that offers online services through their portal in few countries worldwide. I would like to leverage their online platform to provide...

asked Dec 3 '10 at 08:26
Blank
Mmiesi
33 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.68K Views
How to split profit in a property management business inc between two owners?

My friend and I are starting a property management business (inc). How do we determine profit sharing? We charge property owner a set percentage as a fee. We are thinking 50/50 on everything losses...

asked Dec 8 '10 at 14:21
Blank
User5860
6 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.21K Views
How do you convince a partner to put in the same amount of work?

I have a partner for our small business and over the past few months he has been putting in less and less time in the business. Its a small business we both operate as mail order. I handle the...

asked Dec 9 '10 at 07:49
Blank
Frank
2,079 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.29K Views
OEM VS Reseller how do I build the business case for it?

So here's the dilemna. I have a software product that is a value add to ERP system for mid to large organizations. I found a reseller and we sold to a large customer our product customer as an add...

asked Nov 20 '10 at 06:16
Blank
Stacey
484 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
1.9K Views
For tax purposes what is best currency to collect?

I have a canadian company selling to a European company who's currency is GBP. For tax purposes should I sell to them in Canadian dollars or should they pay me in pounds?

asked Nov 23 '10 at 02:00
Blank
Stacey
484 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.7K Views
Sharing ad revenue with partner on same website

I am considering starting a website with a partner. Revenues will be purely ad related. Is it ok to use two different Adsense IDs on the same website/webpages? I mean: would that comply with the...

asked Nov 30 '10 at 10:13
Blank
Tucson
714 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.67K Views
Is there a way around a partner paying additional income tax in an acquisition?

I'm interested in bringing on a partner (for his development abilities) for a site I'm working on. I already have an LLC and would prefer to keep this site under that LLC. Then, I'd offer in a...

asked Nov 10 '10 at 02:41
Blank
Shpigford
146 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
1.99K Views
Would there be any issues with an overseas technical partner?

I have a developer from overseas I have been using for several months, we have a good relationship. I am thinking of bringing him on as the technical partner. Do you think there would be any issues...

asked Nov 11 '10 at 00:33
Blank
Jdeleon
70 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.38K Views
What type of legal agreement makes sense for joint venture?

I have a reseller who would like to buy a licensed version of our software product and share the revenues we make on the joint sale of the product within a specific territory. What type of...

asked Nov 19 '10 at 04:39
Blank
Stacey
484 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.54K Views
Where can I find a developer who would be interested in a partnership rather than up-front payment for work?

I have a site that I'd like to build in PHP/MySQL and preferably using CodeIgniter, but I don't have the time that I need to devote to building the site. I'd like to find a developer who is willing...

asked Oct 24 '10 at 01:58
Blank
Jack
24 points

8 Votes
3 Answers
2.72K Views
"One Man Startup" - Should a add people before going out looking for funding?

i've been working on a project for the last year or so and during that time 4 out of 5 partners have left, leaving only me. I've turned the project into a modest success and have now received some...

asked Oct 25 '10 at 05:49
Blank
Sherif Buzz
462 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.32K Views
What is My Business Worth?

I have recently approached my business partner with a request to buy out his membership in our LLC. His involvement as of late is declining and a buy out was something we had planned on from day 1....

asked Oct 30 '10 at 05:23
Blank
Nclark
21 points

0 Votes
5 Answers
2.17K Views
Partner seeking/matchmaking site

Well, I guess that same story goes around for some time - I have a pretty good software and have some market for it, but I guess that it could find its use in various targeted niches. It has to do...

asked Nov 5 '10 at 07:32
Blank
Daniel Mosmondor
106 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.25K Views
Switching from a partnership to an LLC

I started my company as a General Partnership - partly to avoid fees while still ramping up, and partly because I wasn't foreseeing large revenue in the intial year. Time went by, and now I need...

asked Nov 6 '10 at 09:49
Blank
Traveling Tech Guy
155 points