Partnerships Questions

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.64K Views
How much ownership/equity if any do I give a relative that wants to be a part of my start up?

I discussed an idea for a business with my mother and sister. They both thought it was a wonderful idea and said they would help with sales. We did not discuss compensation (probably because they...

asked Jul 21 '11 at 11:37
Blank
Lidia
6 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.08K Views
Developer IP and personal Coding

My friend and I recently started our own service company. Since we have no technical background, we found a development guy to join our team. We ended up filing for an LLC two months afterwards (we...

asked Jul 22 '11 at 05:21
Blank
Mo K.
6 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.81K Views
How much should a technical cofounder be paid?

I have the following skillset: xhtml, js, jquery, css, php, C#, asp.net, mysql, oracle, etc. I would be the tech. co-founder of a startup with 2 other co-founder (business end) and be the sole...

asked Jul 8 '11 at 09:27
Blank
User9968
229 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.01K Views
I need partnership advice & Wisdom from those of you in partnerships

I have two questions about partnership. If I get a partner that has experience in the business world and the industry and little or no cash maybe $15k-10k, for a new service I’m starting up. What...

asked Jun 28 '11 at 09:15
Blank
Sergio Alvarez
46 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.14K Views
Bringing on equal partner after starting solely bootstrapped?

I came up with an idea for a startup, and after trying to start other ventures with non-paid partners I knew the only way to get this done right was to hire a developer straight up to code the...

asked Jun 15 '11 at 01:19
Blank
Patrick
6 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.09K Views
Is this a fair partnership proposal?

I am the technical founder of a software product, the product is finished with good inputs from at least 6 to be customers. My to be Sales partner who is already helping me from the past 4 weeks...

asked Jun 8 '11 at 00:13
Blank
User11074
39 points

9 Votes
6 Answers
2.45K Views
How to find potential co-founders for a startup?

I've been working on a bootstrapped startup for about 2 years now. I've been working on it solo to this point, but I feel I'm starting to run out of gas. I need fresh ideas, money and assistance in...

asked Jun 10 '11 at 11:02
Blank
Sterling Nichols
148 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.05K Views
Sales and Marketing Co-founder-Ivy League MBA or Industry Expert?

I am working on a software product, which is going to revolutionize a specific industry. I checked with couple of top guys in this industry and they are all impressed. It is a billion dollar...

asked May 25 '11 at 01:33
Blank
User8226
197 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.97K Views
Tactful removal of partners

In the past, I have worked on many different projects with groups of people ranging in size from 2 to 10. These projects have always flopped due to numerous issues, but one issue that has always...

asked May 14 '11 at 12:03
Blank
Skudd
1 point

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.2K Views
What is a fair equity share for four months of part-time work as an iphone app developer at an early stage startup?

I am being offered a 0.6% share in an early stage startup for being the lead iOS developer(probably the only iOS developer).The concept is good and the team consists of some smart people too.My...

asked May 17 '11 at 15:12
Blank
Samyzee
16 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.29K Views
Best place to find partners?

I know this question has already been asked in many ways, but I'm looking for a more general answer. I'd like to know which is the best place to find technical people to work with. Has anybody out...

asked May 17 '11 at 19:49
Blank
Calixte
137 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.13K Views
LLP Shareholders Agreement Does it Exist? - UK

I have been asked to work with a small startup who say they will offer me a 15% share of their LLP for my expertise. However as far as I am aware an LLP does not have a shareholders agreement and...

asked May 4 '11 at 18:14
Blank
John
6 points

2 Votes
6 Answers
2.56K Views
Not getting responses from potential partners

Hi i have fired off quite a few emails to different potential partners i.e media partners and companies, but the success rate in terms of replies or dialogue is quite low, what should the next step...

asked Apr 29 '11 at 23:28
Blank
Pmillio
57 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
7.22K Views
Is it legal to show an album on a Youtube Video?

Im currently working on a channel on Yt which does album reviews and I've gone from just speaking to do it in person on webcam and I am hoping at some point to go for a Yt partnership as I've...

asked May 3 '11 at 11:12
Blank
Keepinitcore
8 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
4.63K Views
Co-founders unequal shares but how about initial capital injection?

Currently I'm working on a project together with 1 co-founder and soon we are going to incorporate a company. We agreed that I get 70% shares and he gets 30% . The reason is because I started the...

asked Apr 20 '11 at 22:08
Blank
Paul12
18 points

10 Votes
1 Answers
19.1K Views
49/51 vs 50/50 Equity Split

What are the advantages and disadvantages of dividing equity 49/51 vs 50/50 between partners? Edit: 51/49 feels wrong, but there may be some startup cases where it is good if you are the majority...

asked Apr 21 '11 at 07:56
Blank
Pate
306 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
1.82K Views
partnership percentages

I am a Product designer with 25 years in the field. I also have an extensive array of skill sets as well as facility. Computerized Milling, Engineering and Development software as well as Rapid...

asked Apr 11 '11 at 04:51
Blank
Dug
16 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.49K Views
Considering a partner

I'm considering looking for a partner for my small startup, I've got an established (very small) base of users on my site, and I think the next step might be to scale up. There are a lot of...

asked Apr 15 '11 at 22:14
Blank
Dan Williams
166 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.93K Views
Best form of business for partner with conditional ownership?

Currently, I have an s-corp and I am the only member of the entire corporation. However, I will soon be bringing on a partner on board. Now, say my company sells 10 products. When I bring my...

asked Apr 18 '11 at 00:34
Blank
Maq
197 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
1.92K Views
In B2B situations what do you clients mean when they ask to partner with you?

We have had a range of clients ask something like the following, we are looking for someone to partner with ... How do you see this being different from a straight Client/Supplier style...

asked Apr 4 '11 at 09:33
Blank
Robin Vessey
8,394 points