Partnerships Questions

14 Votes
5 Answers
3.39K Views
When to drop a co-founder?

There are some excellent posts on how to select a co-founder and what qualities you should look for. I firmly believe in 'try it out', and have been for about 5 months. In that time I've also come...

asked Mar 29 '11 at 10:51
Blank
Rsg
313 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.35K Views
How do I go from 100% ownership to partnership?

My question is not about tax and legal procedures (I'll let my CPA and lawyer handle those), but rather about TRUST. Trust or... CHECKS & BALANCES. I am a programmer who owns a small Internet...

asked Mar 17 '11 at 02:27
Blank
Kev Ri
16 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
2.59K Views
Problems with partner

A little background: A few months ago, I approached a good friend of mine with a nice offer:To make apps for a specific platform along with marketing and distributing them. He knew very little...

asked Mar 21 '11 at 09:08
Blank
Maq
197 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.42K Views
One-man startup wondering if I should recruit help, and the smart way to go about it

I'm looking to start a website to supplement my day gig. I have the ideas, funds, and skills to do pretty much everything by myself, except for the front-end design. I plan to own the site under my...

asked Mar 22 '11 at 07:20
Blank
User8810
13 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.63K Views
Getting an idea off the ground, and protecting it at the same time

This is my first question on here, so please excuse me if I haven't got used to any cultural norms this stack site has. I have an idea, a great idea. An idea that I truly believe, with maybe a...

asked Mar 11 '11 at 21:17
Blank
Mild Fuzz
121 points

6 Votes
8 Answers
3.91K Views
Sharing workload between partners when I am the only developer?

I have been dipping my toes into a web-based startup idea with two others. They approached me with the original seed of an idea, but neither are developers. So I would be building the (fairly...

asked Mar 12 '11 at 16:23
Blank
Elwyn
131 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.32K Views
Forming Partnership - I need directions and guidance to make the right decision at early stage of a startup

I'm a programmer and developer - and that is what i'm good at, although i do have some self-claimed ( :) ) Entrepreneur skills and Managerial traits since i'm already running a Web Development...

asked Feb 22 '11 at 16:48
Blank
User7962
6 points

5 Votes
9 Answers
2.88K Views
What if your partner seems to be a bad person?

Greetings. Currently I work for a bunch of companies as the CIO and recently I've been offered a partnership at a startup company. I decided to take it as a part-time, for the start, and then move...

asked Feb 24 '11 at 01:39
Blank
Alexey Shatygin
128 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.32K Views
What would be the appropriate share?

I'm a software developer in a East European country working for a tiny software firm with only few developers. Our owner is also our manager; he lives in the North America and makes arrangements...

asked Mar 3 '11 at 09:08
Blank
James Blunt
8 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.73K Views
Why don't companies collaborate on innovative projects?

I am doing research about collaboration in projects. If a company has an innovative idea that they want to put on the market, but they don't have the knowledge to develop the idea, then they are...

asked Feb 10 '11 at 00:17
Blank
Bruggew
21 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.67K Views
When a reseller is in the middle who signs software license Agreement?

I am licensing my software to my software distributor reseller. My reseller wants to use my license agreement that should be signed between us and Licensee. Does that make sense? If it does then...

asked Feb 10 '11 at 05:27
Blank
Stacey
484 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.96K Views
Innovation, collaboration and knowledge sharing

I have an innovative idea that I want to put onto the market, but I still have to develop the idea into a product. I know a few companies that have the knowledge I am looking for. What is the best...

asked Feb 10 '11 at 23:46
Blank
Bruggew
21 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.92K Views
Dealing with wifes/husbands?

Possible Duplicate: How to start a business and not destroy your marriage? Not everyone starts their business when they're in/fresh out of college. How do you deal with your spouses and help...

asked Feb 13 '11 at 17:36
Blank
Sean
1,149 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.47K Views
What type of agreement for a software sales rep who handles software installations?

I need an agreement for this but not sure what type of agreement for this. I have an independent sales agent who want to market our software and provide installation and first level customer...

asked Feb 16 '11 at 06:34
Blank
Stacey
484 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.14K Views
What type of agreement to secure an intent to buy?

I worked with a new partner to create a customer before we signed a var agreement.(we had a NDA though) We sold the customer our software but the actual contract for the sale will not take place...

asked Feb 17 '11 at 01:27
Blank
Stacey
484 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.01K Views
Partnering on an idea with 2 separate and distinct companies

I am in a current situation that I need some advice on, I think it will be easiest to explain with a simplified example. I am involved in a startup company that specializes in software development...

asked Feb 19 '11 at 08:17
Blank
Shane
326 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.59K Views
How to share income of selling iPhone apps with a friend/partner

I plan to develop an iPhone app with my friend. Each of us is specialized in different parts of the app. For example, I am responsible for interface design and server-side programming while my...

asked Jan 26 '11 at 14:04
Blank
Killua
68 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.17K Views
Finished developing product getting ready to launch. Need to take on partners but how?

I have finished developing my product. Website, domain is all setup. Billing system is in place. I have yet to incorporate. I am planning on incorporating by myself as the founder. Then I am...

asked Feb 2 '11 at 04:23
Blank
Kim Jong Woo
644 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
2.63K Views
Being part of the game while being an outsider

Any recommendations on being part of the game while you are an outsider, living far away from any startup hub*? I try to keep myself up to date with what's going on by watching podcasts, reading...

asked Feb 2 '11 at 21:19
Blank
J. Pablo Fernández
412 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.53K Views
Need advice on how to structure a partnership

I have recently been approached by a person, who is both an investor and the project idea originator. We are talking about a tech start up, where I am the software developer, project manager, and...

asked Jan 17 '11 at 14:11
Blank
Lyman Zerga
278 points