Trust Questions

0 Votes
4 Answers
3.18K Views
Starting relationships for offshore software company

I'm a software developer from Argentina looking to start a long lasting trust relationship with software entrepeneurs for providing high quality offshore development/programming services. Does...

asked Feb 20 '13 at 04:00
Blank
Adrianboimvaser
107 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.32K Views
How to establish user trust in new startup?

My business is a brand new startup, and doing something that involves my clients placing a good deal of trust in my software (I let people rent out their computers over the internet - imagine a...

asked Aug 13 '13 at 22:48
Blank
Steve
310 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.79K Views
How to convince my customers that my app is not a scam?

I wrote an app that works on an auction site by doing dynamic bidding on the user's behalf given his login details, i.e. manages his auctions for him automatically. The user not only gets better...

asked Mar 24 '13 at 21:07
Blank
Siamii
195 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
1.99K Views
Knowing when to bring a friend in as a partner

Few months ago, I got a job in a quite small software company. Recently my CEO offered me the opportunity to open a branch of our company in another country and to have me as the CEO of this new...

asked Jan 15 '13 at 19:48
Blank
Mrz
103 points

3 Votes
6 Answers
2.6K Views
How to trust my developers?

Is there any usable mechanism to ensure I can trust my developers so that they can't do anything stealthily harmful to my product / business in the code? Such as changing my PayPal email to his or...

asked Jun 13 '12 at 15:33
Blank
Kavoir.Com
129 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.25K Views
I provide purchasing services for foreign companies. How to solve the problem of trust?

I am a purchasing agent for foreign companies. My clients find me on the Internet. I provide services so my clients pay me my service charge. They don't personally know me before they contact me. I...

asked Mar 27 '12 at 22:45
Blank
Steven
1 point

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.01K Views
Getting users to trust a virtual currency

I am about to build a service where a virtual currency is a vital part. The kind of virtual money, I am talking about here something, which is conceptually equivalent to money in a game like second...

asked Feb 13 '12 at 04:58
Blank
David
1,567 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.94K Views
How to verify online companies

Assume that I would like to join an affiliate network, but I can't find any reviews of them and Alexa shows that their domain exist for 2 months. In this case I should probably wait until they gain...

asked Feb 10 '12 at 00:28
Blank
Gury Max
23 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.77K Views
Is this the basic thing to provide address detail to the client?

Hi I got the first client from one of the freelancing website.But they are asked to send the address proof to them.In our first conversation they asked this and my bank details.Apart from this they...

asked Oct 28 '11 at 03:18
Blank
Vinothkumar
108 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.32K Views
Profit sharing and trade secrets

I've been developing an online trading algorithm as a hobby project for 3 months during the summer. It seems that two more people will join to me, due to external circumstances not entirely up to...

asked Oct 23 '11 at 21:30
Blank
Siamii
195 points

3 Votes
7 Answers
2.62K Views
What do you build in your e-commerce site to gain consumer trust?

I'm co-founding a start-up that is developing an e-commerce app. We're trying to decide what features to build in that shoppers would expect to see in order to feel comfortable submitting credit...

asked Oct 8 '11 at 05:15
Blank
Frank
16 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
3.11K Views
How do you assess the trustworthiness of a contact?

Background My startup is relying heavily on contacts, which I trust. If I improved my way of assessing whether a new contact is trustworthy or not, I believe my startup would be more successful....

asked May 29 '11 at 06:42
Blank
David
1,567 points

5 Votes
12 Answers
5.51K Views
What are the most important variables you would look for on a website selling engagement rings to convince you to trust the retailer?

I am hoping this question will start a conversation on trust in e-commerce, in particular for e-tailers selling high value items where this is very important. By "trust" I am referring to: trust...

asked Apr 13 '11 at 19:14
Blank
Nikolay Piryankov
683 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.31K Views
How do I go from 100% ownership to partnership?

My question is not about tax and legal procedures (I'll let my CPA and lawyer handle those), but rather about TRUST. Trust or... CHECKS & BALANCES. I am a programmer who owns a small Internet...

asked Mar 17 '11 at 02:27
Blank
Kev Ri
16 points

6 Votes
4 Answers
2.47K Views
How do you find a trustworthy virtual assistant?

If you are asking your VA to do tasks that involve your credit card, bank information, and other personal information, you need someone trustworthy. How do you find a trustworthy VA?

asked Dec 1 '10 at 16:48
Blank
Joseph Turian
895 points

6 Votes
5 Answers
2.78K Views
How to trust web developers when hiring?

We're hiring this amazing guy to build our website. I do trust him, sort of. But, is that enough? Is that all I can do? (find someone you trust) We'll be telling him each and every detail here.

asked Feb 24 '10 at 01:41
Blank
Raed
101 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.46K Views
Am I paranoid and going crazy?

I feel like I am always getting pursued by a competitor or being spied on. I got so paranoid, I recently cut off all of the contacts on my cell, facebook, IM and so on (Except for my clients). I...

asked Oct 21 '09 at 17:25
Blank
Gagwgw
227 points