Bizspark Questions

1 Votes
3 Answers
4.06K Views
BizSpark - is it worthwhile to persevere with your application?

I'm a bit tired and frustrated with my BizSpark application. I've been rejected twice. The first time, I didn't have a company E-Mail and URL. The second time, I provided a proper company E-Mail...

asked May 4 '13 at 15:54
Blank
Knack
8 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.66K Views
BizSpark - benefits vs risks

We are a small company started a year ago. Our first planned product is a spa management software and we are tending to develop it as an ERP for both service and sales oriented businesses. But soon...

asked Nov 28 '13 at 19:41
Blank
Abhinandan N.M.
13 points

-1 Votes
2 Answers
8.46K Views
Rejected by Biz Spark because they said I'm not an ISV

I have seen quite a few threads on being rejected by Biz Spark, but all seemed to be resolved by resubmitting the application with the needed undocumented information. To note, the undocumented...

asked Oct 22 '13 at 15:48
Blank
User28367
1 point

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.99K Views
can one person apply to bizpark with multiple startups

I am working on a number of mobile apps, each one very different from the other. I want to apply to Bizpark, but I heard that investors don't like the idea of someone working on multiple different...

asked Jun 7 '13 at 05:30
Blank
Pouton Gerald
108 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
7.25K Views
Does BizSpark preclude you from accepting funding elsewhere?

I am going to embark very soon on a software venture (have been a consultant and employee up until now). I see advantages in signing up for Microsoft's BizSpark. However, I wonder if doing so...

asked Oct 17 '12 at 11:40
Blank
B. Clay Shannon
123 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.94K Views
Microsoft BizSpark, can we install SQL Server on a live server?

Our website is currently run on a Hyper-V server and we use SQL Server 2008 R2 Express. One annoying limitation of 2008-r2 is it has a 1gb RAM limit. We are enrolled on Bizspark from Microsoft...

asked Dec 15 '11 at 05:34
Blank
Tom
480 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
4.19K Views
BizSpark - can I use the licenses for something else than just software development

I want to apply to bizspark. The core of the business is to build Software. Though there is also a smaller part of the business that is photography for our clients. We are developing also a website...

asked Jul 20 '11 at 17:40
Blank
Ryan
147 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
4.77K Views
Easiest way for UK startup to get onto Microsoft BizSpark program?

For the past few days I have been trying and failing to get onto Microsoft's BizSpark program. I left my day job and incorporated last week and am now setting up my development machines. I really...

asked Jun 21 '11 at 22:09
Blank
Paperjam
394 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.26K Views
Should I use WebsiteSpark or BizSpark with my startup?

I am starting up a new company with 3 others which is going to be a software/web company. I have already started on writing the software in C# 4.0, as I have a VS 2010 license, but my other...

asked Apr 15 '11 at 07:09
Blank
Runxc1 Bret Ferrier
111 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
3.36K Views
Invite for Bizspark One program?

I understand that the program is an invite-only program. But surely, those companies that get invited somehow catch Microsoft's eye, out of some 30,000 companies that are in Bizspark program. Does...

asked Nov 11 '10 at 16:15
Blank
Igorek
886 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
5.48K Views
Can I list Bizspark as a partner?

I'm forming a software/web development company where we develop products and also help other business develop theirs. Microsoft offered us BizSpark membership. Is Microsoft now a partner to us or...

asked Oct 18 '10 at 14:14
Blank
Shawn Mclean
220 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.72K Views
Marketing benefits of participating in BizSpark program

Microsoft BizSpark proposal for startups is undoubtedly great. Software provided by this program is huge help for a company working with Microsoft development stack. It is for sure. But I'd like...

asked Sep 27 '10 at 03:54
Blank
Rem
352 points

13 Votes
6 Answers
7.3K Views
Are there any downsides or disadvantages to joining BizSpark?

I was looking into joining BizSpark since it seems there is a ton of great benefits. My buddy and I want to create a startup using .Net technology, so how can this not be a win-win? We are going to...

asked Sep 28 '10 at 22:43
Blank
Martin
1,340 points

7 Votes
10 Answers
47.3K Views
Microsoft's BizSpark program and their acceptance criteria

Microsoft's BizSpark is a program to help startups use Microsoft's software. There are issues with this program: They don't explain clearly what the requirements are to be approved If you get...

asked Feb 6 '10 at 10:02
Blank
Abdu
384 points