Tips Questions

67 Votes
12 Answers
17K Views
What are the most unhelpful startup myths that new entrepreneurs believe?

What do you think some of the most unhelpful startup myths are? Things that new entrepreneurs should be warned about before they start working on their startup. What advice would you give a new...

asked Oct 27 '11 at 21:41
Blank
Susan Jones
4,128 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
5.19K Views
How did stackoverflow become a success when most of its predecessors/clones are not?

There are hundreds of stackoverflow clones, but none as successful as the original. What is the secret behind the huge success it has got? Is it the initial pool of developers who answered the...

asked Jun 13 '11 at 22:01
Blank
Aib
126 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.43K Views
What was the one thing that most contributed to your startup success?

This is for people that have succeeded with a startup, what is your best tip for a startup if you could only give one? Please limit your answer to one tip only.

asked Oct 5 '11 at 21:38
Blank
Joel Friedlaender
5,007 points

13 Votes
9 Answers
4.95K Views
What are your top 3 - 5 SEO tips?

We're working on improving our website. We're using WordPress with the "All in One SEO Pack" plugin. But I have very limited knowledge on this topic. I'm interested in hearing what your top SEO...

asked Jun 24 '10 at 13:47
Blank
Zuly Gonzalez
9,194 points

7 Votes
10 Answers
47.3K Views
Microsoft's BizSpark program and their acceptance criteria

Microsoft's BizSpark is a program to help startups use Microsoft's software. There are issues with this program: They don't explain clearly what the requirements are to be approved If you get...

asked Feb 6 '10 at 10:02
Blank
Abdu
384 points

11 Votes
8 Answers
4.77K Views
What tips do you have for running a booth at a tradeshow?

Eric Sink says that tradeshows are like sex: When it's good it's really really good, and when it's bad, it's still pretty good. It's easy to waste a lot of time and money at tradeshows. But also...

asked Dec 19 '09 at 11:05
Blank
Jason
16,231 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
3.06K Views
Doing less but getting more done

What actions or activities have you discovered help you do more but with less effort? Here’s mine. Previously I sent out hand written cards. Last year I sent a simple holiday email (in bulk) to my...

asked Jan 6 '10 at 03:56
Blank
Starr Ed
948 points