Microsoft Questions

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.65K Views
BizSpark - benefits vs risks

We are a small company started a year ago. Our first planned product is a spa management software and we are tending to develop it as an ERP for both service and sales oriented businesses. But soon...

asked Nov 28 '13 at 19:41
Blank
Abhinandan N.M.
13 points

-1 Votes
2 Answers
8.45K Views
Rejected by Biz Spark because they said I'm not an ISV

I have seen quite a few threads on being rejected by Biz Spark, but all seemed to be resolved by resubmitting the application with the needed undocumented information. To note, the undocumented...

asked Oct 22 '13 at 15:48
Blank
User28367
1 point

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.98K Views
Distributing Windows virtual appliances

Complex Linux solutions are commonly packaged as virtual appliances. I'm interested in the Windows side of this, but haven't been able to find much relevant information on the web. We are...

asked Oct 11 '12 at 16:42
Blank
Cocowalla
327 points

7 Votes
3 Answers
7.53K Views
Startups with ASP.Net MVC 3 and MS SQL

We were thinking of starting a Web Startup using the technologies C#,Asp.Net MVC 3 and Sqlserver. We have heard a lot of talk about "cost" when it comes to using Microsoft technologies for a...

asked Jun 3 '12 at 11:05
Blank
User636525
138 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.93K Views
Microsoft BizSpark, can we install SQL Server on a live server?

Our website is currently run on a Hyper-V server and we use SQL Server 2008 R2 Express. One annoying limitation of 2008-r2 is it has a 1gb RAM limit. We are enrolled on Bizspark from Microsoft...

asked Dec 15 '11 at 05:34
Blank
Tom
480 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
1.95K Views
Contacting right person in big companies

First, I want to know your opinion if I should contact Microsoft in this case and then to whom I should write. There's an online customer need where some companies have fulfilled with different...

asked Jun 14 '11 at 07:06
Blank
Xaqron
311 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.26K Views
Should I use WebsiteSpark or BizSpark with my startup?

I am starting up a new company with 3 others which is going to be a software/web company. I have already started on writing the software in C# 4.0, as I have a VS 2010 license, but my other...

asked Apr 15 '11 at 07:09
Blank
Runxc1 Bret Ferrier
111 points

6 Votes
6 Answers
3.02K Views
Can a consumer oriented startup be .NET based?

I'm about to join a new startup as their CTO and we need to choose our server software stack. The client side is a mobile application (Android, iPhone, etc.) so the server side exposes an API and...

asked Mar 9 '11 at 19:44
Blank
Asaf R
133 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
3.35K Views
Invite for Bizspark One program?

I understand that the program is an invite-only program. But surely, those companies that get invited somehow catch Microsoft's eye, out of some 30,000 companies that are in Bizspark program. Does...

asked Nov 11 '10 at 16:15
Blank
Igorek
886 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.71K Views
Marketing benefits of participating in BizSpark program

Microsoft BizSpark proposal for startups is undoubtedly great. Software provided by this program is huge help for a company working with Microsoft development stack. It is for sure. But I'd like...

asked Sep 27 '10 at 03:54
Blank
Rem
352 points

13 Votes
6 Answers
7.3K Views
Are there any downsides or disadvantages to joining BizSpark?

I was looking into joining BizSpark since it seems there is a ton of great benefits. My buddy and I want to create a startup using .Net technology, so how can this not be a win-win? We are going to...

asked Sep 28 '10 at 22:43
Blank
Martin
1,340 points

7 Votes
10 Answers
47.3K Views
Microsoft's BizSpark program and their acceptance criteria

Microsoft's BizSpark is a program to help startups use Microsoft's software. There are issues with this program: They don't explain clearly what the requirements are to be approved If you get...

asked Feb 6 '10 at 10:02
Blank
Abdu
384 points