Investment Questions

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.84K Views
How much equity to offer to investor

I am fully aware that this is asked frequently, but it will differ a lot depending on the type of business: I am just about to start looking for an investor for a startup in the UK, i dont want to...

asked Jun 15 '12 at 21:02
Blank
Darkcat Studios
190 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.51K Views
How does dotSub make money? Can I find out if it is profitable?

DotSUB allows anyone to upload videos and provides an interface for subtitling them - to anyone. Looking at the subtitles and their timing of appearance, Khan Academy seems to have crowdsourced...

asked May 24 '12 at 05:02
Blank
Aditya Menon
112 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.3K Views
Determining fund raising stage for venture capital

I've been running a site (community platform) for a couple years and now we are growing fast, getting strong user traction and started implementing a customer oriented business model. In order to...

asked May 20 '12 at 06:35
Blank
Jean Pierre
48 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.78K Views
What is the interpretation of "full protection" here?

Excerpt from a Venture Capital book: If an investor with a $100M fund has set aside $5M to invest in a particular company over its life, what proportion of the $5M should it invest in the first...

asked Apr 9 '12 at 00:44
Blank
Ryan
162 points

6 Votes
1 Answers
2.65K Views
When does the profit-sharing model break down?

Two co-founders and I have started a project that is going rather well. We sell a service that is paid on a monthly basis but that also has some up-front costs (revenues for us). Thus far we have...

asked Feb 5 '12 at 09:54
Blank
Daniel Gill
175 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.3K Views
How to create a well structured term sheet?

I been asked by a potential investor to create a term sheet. What should such document include and focus on expect how much I'm asking for and estimated costs of running the start-up? Is there...

asked Jan 19 '12 at 04:56
Blank
Peter K.
194 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.65K Views
Where can I find international seed investors?

We have just lauched a website for our upcoming SPARQL Database Server. We would like to attract the interest of international seed investors, but we are not sure where to start looking. We are...

asked Jan 23 '12 at 22:31
Blank
Inge Henriksen
101 points

0 Votes
6 Answers
2.31K Views
We need to get off the ground

Over the last year me and a friend (a colleague I work with) have been planning developing a social web service that we feel has massive potential. We both have no business experience but are...

asked Jan 8 '12 at 22:07
Blank
Gary Devenay
107 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.36K Views
Can you explain this angel Investment term sheet?

My startup received a Terms Sheet from an investor and my co-founder and I are trying to figure out if they are saying that they are going to want 30% of our profits at the end of every year or if...

asked Dec 9 '11 at 10:04
Blank
Tom Delaney
16 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.87K Views
Where to raise funds before quitting a regular job and found a company?

I came across kickstarter webpage which offers an excellent opportunity to raise money needed to launch a product/service without prior personal financial investments. We are a team of engineers...

asked Dec 12 '11 at 21:34
Blank
Niko
128 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.93K Views
Best Structure for Investor Buyout

The company I'm an investor in requires a significant capital infusion, and is trying to find a structure to remove several current investors who are not participating in daily operations of...

asked Nov 24 '11 at 08:56
Blank
Andy
111 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
5.24K Views
Allocating equity - equal cash investment - unequal time investment

I am getting involved in a small start up - we have been discussing (3 partners) this for a few months and now is time to get everything settled. We originally discussed a certain time allocation...

asked Nov 24 '11 at 20:53
Blank
Goldenone
21 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.02K Views
How long does it take a company similiar to ebay to get investing

My Company is looking to get angel investing for a startup in order to provide more resources/time to various aspects of our business. How long does it take to sway an angel to invest? I know this...

asked Dec 1 '11 at 09:58
Blank
Meow
137 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.86K Views
Late Stage Investments

My partners and I have built our company from an $11K company to a $1.2M company in 5 years. We have an investor who would like to put $500K into the company to help us get it to the "next level"....

asked Nov 5 '11 at 00:42
Blank
Pbj
6 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.88K Views
Is sleeping partner considered as investor?

My partner and i are from different countries (1) My partner will fund the startup idea (2) I will be the working partner and the idea will be executed in my home country Please give your advice...

asked Oct 6 '11 at 02:06
Blank
Bt001
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.96K Views
How are investment funding valued when invested in a company before it goes public?

Is there are particular method for banks or individuals when their capital is invested in the company before going public. To make it more clear how was Facebook Inc. and Goldman Sachs deal valued...

asked Oct 10 '11 at 21:11
Blank
Himanshu Prasad
51 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.08K Views
Assessing the value of startup company for investment

We are a start up company set up 14 months ago. We were building few products which we could not finish yet. we plan to finish it in another 6 months. Since our initial budget were very low. We had...

asked Oct 2 '11 at 10:57
Blank
Fayaz
35 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.34K Views
What will happen if an individual invest in the company before it goes public?

Lets assume the example of Groupon which is going to be public this year or next year.Suppose if someone invests $100Million in the company,will its valuation increase for the individual or for its...

asked Oct 3 '11 at 18:34
Blank
Himanshu Prasad
51 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.67K Views
What are the requirements for raising capital for IPO through private placement?

Well I am trying to raise capital for upcoming IPO's.I would appreciate for the answer of these questions. 1.What are the requirements for raising capital by Private placement memorandum...

asked Sep 23 '11 at 21:29
Blank
Himanshu Prasad
51 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
3.19K Views
Does it make sense, if someone invest $100k on me and I'd only require $90k, I take $10k and invest it back on some other people?

Does it make sense, if someone invest $100k on me and I'd only require $90k, I take $10k and invest it back on some other people?

asked Sep 1 '11 at 18:20
Blank
Pacerier
317 points