Term Sheet Questions

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.05K Views
Term sheet condition states we have to use the investor's law firm

Our company has just received a term sheet for a convertible debt investment. One of the clauses states that we have to pay the fees for drafting the agreements (which I understand is normal), but...

asked Apr 25 '13 at 07:20
Blank
Phil
114 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.65K Views
Consequences with investors if company doesn't meet agreed milestones

I have a few questions about promised milestones to investors. Is it common to include very specific milestones in the term sheet? What are the consequences if you fail to meet them? Losing Board...

asked Oct 19 '12 at 05:02
Blank
Wewill See
53 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.37K Views
What does anti-dilution protection mean in a term-sheet?

My question is in the context of a Term-sheet. I want to know what does anti-dilution preferences mean?

asked Oct 18 '12 at 05:36
Blank
Lisa Howard
116 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.02K Views
Meaning of Automatic Conversion in Series AA TermSheet

There is a clause Automatic Converstion in Series AA termsheet of Y-Combinator which says Each share of Preferred will automatically convert into common stock, at the then applicable conversion...

asked Aug 30 '12 at 20:28
Blank
Gaurav Agarwal
107 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.16K Views
VC term-sheets: Liquidation preference + capped participation clarification

I was reading "Venture Deals: Be Smarter Than Your Lawyer and Venture Capitalist " by Brad Feld and Jason Mendelson. It's a pretty good book but some parts aren't obvious, like the one below...

asked Dec 28 '11 at 18:00
Blank
Sid
649 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.39K Views
Can you explain this angel Investment term sheet?

My startup received a Terms Sheet from an investor and my co-founder and I are trying to figure out if they are saying that they are going to want 30% of our profits at the end of every year or if...

asked Dec 9 '11 at 10:04
Blank
Tom Delaney
16 points