Investment Questions

6 Votes
4 Answers
4.55K Views
Typically, what percentage of the company is sold during each round of funding

Typically, what percentage of the company is sold during each round of funding: angel investment or seed round, and A, B, and C venture capital rounds. The goal, I suppose, is the hold enough back...

asked Nov 17 '10 at 16:09
Blank
John Berryman
388 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.34K Views
What are questions every VC should ask a startup?

Believe the question explains itself, but if you have questions, just let me know.

asked Oct 13 '10 at 09:25
Blank
Blunders .
899 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
1.95K Views
When do you know it's time to pull out, and cut your losses/earnings off?

Sometimes the hardest thing to do is cut-bait, and walk away from a venture. What factors are the most important taking this leap?

asked Oct 16 '10 at 06:03
Blank
Blunders .
899 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.28K Views
How can I align my business with my life goals?

These things I am bothered by my business. You know, every one of us needs to make money. I decide to do it by creating my own business and preparing to do investment. I want to live around...

asked Aug 14 '10 at 20:39
Blank
Steven
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.46K Views
Issuing new shares

I set up a company with 1 share. The company is now attracting investment for which we will offer, in total, 20% ownership of the company. These would be B Ordinary Shares - with the only...

asked May 18 '10 at 01:33
Blank
Stealth
76 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.35K Views
Keeping investors updated

Our company has attracted 14 private investors, each for relatively small stakes. They not only provide seed capital, but also diverse experience and valuable advice. Can you recommend a...

asked Jun 8 '10 at 07:29
Blank
Stealth
76 points

7 Votes
5 Answers
2.78K Views
I'm declining investment offers. Am I doing it wrong?

I'm about to launch my web based business, and several friends/relatives offered to invest small amounts of money(5-10k) for a few percentages (1-5%) of my company. It's a side business for me as...

asked Apr 15 '10 at 17:10
Blank
Boolean
388 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
3.14K Views
How long to wait for angel investor?

I have a big web project which I and my co-founder began our development on. We've been talking to our angel investor for a long time. He is very responsive but we cant get a final investment...

asked Mar 23 '10 at 13:16
Blank
Pennyfiller13
86 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.56K Views
Finding the right VC

I am looking for a VC that invests in the homeland security or access control industries... Is there a website where I can search for VC's according to the field in which they invest? I found...

asked Feb 26 '10 at 01:11
Blank
Ron Ga
2,181 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.37K Views
The easiest way to angel invest between two countries?

Is there a quick and easy way for a person based in Europe to invest in a startup (incorporated) in Asia?

asked Mar 5 '10 at 23:49
Blank
Eric
352 points

5 Votes
5 Answers
2.63K Views
What are the steps to go from an idea to having a business?

Let me preface this with the fact I am not a business student. I am a computer science student but I have a great interest in creating a startup. These questions have probably been asked before, so...

asked Feb 3 '10 at 04:14
Blank
Fly Ghost
126 points

5 Votes
6 Answers
3.71K Views
If I go to meet an angel investor without a business plan, will he dismiss my attempt immediately?

Can I probably get an investment from an angel investor even if I don't have a business plan? I have developed my website and my website is undergoing testing and it can be shown to an angel investor.

asked Feb 5 '10 at 23:29
Blank
Steven
1 point

4 Votes
6 Answers
3.33K Views
How to value a company that isn't running?

If all you have right now is an idea how do you value a company? See I want to build a software package and I have been doing research on my main competitors and such but at the end of the day how...

asked Feb 1 '10 at 16:37
Blank
Aaron
124 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
2.74K Views
Startup in a 3rd world Country, What are our options?

I co-founded a startup that has a product belonging in the social media space and will launch a public beta in two weeks. We are located in the Philippines but we are targeting US/UK users. I am...

asked Dec 27 '09 at 19:14
Blank
Eric
352 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.84K Views
Found an idea whats the first thing to do? SEO, Finance... confused first business

Currently, I am listening to Dharmesh's interview on Mixergy.com. I really like making websites, made tones of them, but to get them off the ground, is what kills me. Right now, I have a small...

asked Dec 11 '09 at 13:08
Blank
Bhargav Patel
16 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
3.38K Views
Which one is more important: product or company logo?

I want to create a logo by outsourcing it, but since I have little money in hand, I'm in the middle of deciding whether I should spend it for the product's logo or the company's logo. I would need...

asked Nov 30 '09 at 11:36
Blank
Jpartogi
1,342 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
5.99K Views
Why don't investors like to invest in an LLC?

I have read that if you are raising money, that an LLC is a dispreferred vehicle for your company. Why do investors not like to invest in an LLC?

asked Nov 18 '09 at 07:34
Blank
Joseph Turian
895 points