Backlinks Questions

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.3K Views
Can you do negative SEO on your competitors to gain the #1 spot?

For my target keyword I am ranking as #1. Lately I've started seeing strange backlinks (lots of them) in Google Webmaster Tools.I suspect one of my competitors is doing it to potentially screw up...

asked Jun 19 '14 at 01:42
Blank
Kevin Kinder
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.9K Views
Is it possible to rank high in Google without many backlinks but only great quality content?

How large of a factor do backlinks play in SEO rankings in Google?Is it possible to rank high for moderately competitive terms with little or no backlinks?If I put out great high quality content,...

asked Jul 11 '14 at 14:25
Blank
Roland Henderson
7 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.35K Views
How to deal with negative SEO efforts from competitors?

Lately I have had someone constantly post thousands of spam blog comments which have links that point to my site. It is a huge amount of work trying to keep up with disavowing these links in Google...

asked Sep 9 '14 at 15:14
Blank
Patrick Gonzalez
14 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.83K Views
Google says distributing widgets that your users can use on their websites is black hat SEO. How to do it in a white hat way?

Matt Cutts, the head of web spam at Google, made a statement that site owners should nofollow any link on widgets they distribute. So apparently this common practice has also now become gray/black...

asked May 27 '14 at 16:26
Blank
Julia Levine
12 points