Analytics Questions

0 Votes
4 Answers
4.39K Views
Does putting Google Analytics' and Clicktale's code onto our password protected Alpha site expose the content?

We are launching a new site this summer and will have the Alpha version available shortly. We'll be testing this privately with a small group of trusted people before we do our public launch. To...

asked Jun 9 '10 at 21:51
Blank
Warren E. Hart
2,181 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
4.5K Views
Easiest way to track users and metrics in MVP?

I'm working on a very early stage web app, and I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to track some basic user metrics beyond traffic and all that. Some context: Limited budget - free or cheap...

asked Apr 23 '10 at 12:55
Blank
Greg
339 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.05K Views
Tracking Variance - Google and Yahoo

We use Google Analytics to track metrics on our site. I'm doing search engine marketing with both Google and Yahoo. There is a HUGE difference in the visits we "see" on our site vs. what Google and...

asked May 2 '10 at 07:00
Blank
Chris
4,214 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.85K Views
Hosted Quizzes and Polls Platform

I am looking for a hosted Quizzes and Polls platform that has following features Create customized Quizzes and Polls Be able to embed these Quizzes and Polls on my site The platform should...

asked Feb 20 '10 at 11:42
Blank
User2202
164 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.65K Views
What tools do you use to monitor your brand and links?

Other than google alerts... I'd like to know anytime "StarStreet" "sports stock market" "starstreetsports.com" are mentioned. Anything out there I should be using in addition to google alerts?

asked Feb 25 '10 at 16:38
Blank
Jer Levine
173 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.17K Views
How do you measure "momentum" for investors or a Board of Directors?

There are so many ways to measure an online web application business, of course the most important being revenue. Imagine you've got a board meeting coming up or a meeting with your investors,...

asked Mar 2 '10 at 07:18
Blank
Chris
4,214 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
3.17K Views
Recommendations on analytics approaches for web startups

Like most startups with a focus on quick execution and conservation of cash, we're looking for a good-enough analytics solution that provides us the minimum of amount of business specific...

asked Jan 31 '10 at 11:37
Blank
Howie
148 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.41K Views
Which metrics solution provides the most actionable insights?

I am considering incorporating better metrics software on my site. The three option I am most familiar are Google Analytics, KISSmetrics, and MixPanel. Any thoughts on the pros/cons of each would...

asked Dec 22 '09 at 14:22
Blank
Nima
11 points

3 Votes
6 Answers
2.72K Views
What have you used to build a business intelligence dashboard?

We're putting together a dashboard that highlights some key metrics (helpdesk performance, website performance, distribution, reach, cost centres, digital asset volume, etc) do any of you have...

asked Dec 24 '09 at 02:13
Blank
Joseph Fung
1,542 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.01K Views
Difference between unqiue user count in compete and google analytics

I use google analytics to analyze the visitors , no of pages visited and other stats for my web site Skill-guru I have also added my site on compete.com . I was looking at unique visitors count on...

asked Dec 26 '09 at 15:04
Blank
Skillguru
344 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
2.27K Views
How to be data-driven startup (and handle spiders from search engines)?

I am curious on how some of you adopt data-driven approach to your startups. Recently, i did an experiment with simple AB testing tool like A/Bingo: http://www.bingocardcreator.com/abingo/ Through...

asked Nov 15 '09 at 13:25
Blank
Hendro Wijaya
1,408 points

14 Votes
4 Answers
3.66K Views
How do I make Google Analytics actionable?

Google Analytics (and similar) gives you a ton of numbers on every conceivable axis. For me, I get lost in the options, filters, and numbers. How do I turn this pile of data into actionable...

asked Oct 17 '09 at 12:26
Blank
Jason
16,231 points