Metrics Questions

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.48K Views
Advice for running dating site

I'm running a nice dating site with overall good results so far (4 months in, about 4,000 members, 60,000 page view per day), I was wondering if someone with experience in dating/social sites could...

asked Oct 28 '10 at 23:12
Blank
Sherif Buzz
462 points

3 Votes
6 Answers
5.87K Views
What's a good conversion rate?

Ideally 100% :), but realistically, what should I expect a decent conversion rate to be? 20%? 2%? 0.2%?

asked Aug 21 '10 at 14:08
Blank
Deb
314 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
4.51K Views
Easiest way to track users and metrics in MVP?

I'm working on a very early stage web app, and I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to track some basic user metrics beyond traffic and all that. Some context: Limited budget - free or cheap...

asked Apr 23 '10 at 12:55
Blank
Greg
339 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.13K Views
Are there any existing Business Intelligence solutions that are free or inexpensive?

Are there any existing Business Intelligence solutions that are free or inexpensive? For 1-3 users?

asked Feb 23 '10 at 09:14
Blank
Danny
113 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
3.18K Views
Recommendations on analytics approaches for web startups

Like most startups with a focus on quick execution and conservation of cash, we're looking for a good-enough analytics solution that provides us the minimum of amount of business specific...

asked Jan 31 '10 at 11:37
Blank
Howie
148 points

7 Votes
6 Answers
3.47K Views
What constitutes a good dashboard?

Dashboards are the 1st screen to welcome users for the 1st time or everytime they use your web app. What are examples of web apps with good dashboard? What do you want in a dashboard? Do you guys...

asked Jan 16 '10 at 20:52
Blank
Eric
352 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.42K Views
Which metrics solution provides the most actionable insights?

I am considering incorporating better metrics software on my site. The three option I am most familiar are Google Analytics, KISSmetrics, and MixPanel. Any thoughts on the pros/cons of each would...

asked Dec 22 '09 at 14:22
Blank
Nima
11 points

4 Votes
6 Answers
3.23K Views
Marketing, Privacy and Being Good

What do you think about drawing the line between privacy and marketing? For example we're sending e-mail to our mail-list, shall we keep track of their clicks in the e-mail? Personally I hate this...

asked Jan 5 '10 at 00:26
Blank
The Dictator
2,305 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
3.59K Views
My startup built on ASP.NET/SQL Server 2008 stack. What are my hosting options? Costs?

I'm in the final stages of development on my startup. The site is built in ASP.NET using SQL Server 2008. It is a consumer-focused website that I intend to concept-test next month and gather...

asked Nov 8 '09 at 07:42
Blank
Joe A
1,196 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
2.29K Views
How to be data-driven startup (and handle spiders from search engines)?

I am curious on how some of you adopt data-driven approach to your startups. Recently, i did an experiment with simple AB testing tool like A/Bingo: http://www.bingocardcreator.com/abingo/ Through...

asked Nov 15 '09 at 13:25
Blank
Hendro Wijaya
1,408 points

14 Votes
4 Answers
3.67K Views
How do I make Google Analytics actionable?

Google Analytics (and similar) gives you a ton of numbers on every conceivable axis. For me, I get lost in the options, filters, and numbers. How do I turn this pile of data into actionable...

asked Oct 17 '09 at 12:26
Blank
Jason
16,231 points