Software Engineers Questions

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.07K Views
what is my job at my startup?

I know it's common to wear a lot of hats while at a startup, but I'm trying to understand my role is so that: a) if / when the company grows, I know what position i should navigate toward? b) if...

asked Feb 25 '19 at 02:18
Blank
Daniel Tirer
1 point

4 Votes
1 Answers
3.88K Views
Persuading software engineers to join a new startup?

I'm a non-technical founder who has been able to get by with outsourced consultants on ODesk for a while.But now that revenues are growing, I want to hire one or two PHP coders onsite. I've posted...

asked Jun 9 '14 at 18:10
Blank
Sonya Dave
24 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
4.08K Views
Where to find work in a part-time startup?

I am a software engineer. I am looking to work in some startup part time (paid or non-paid). Something to do after work or on the weekends. What is the best in-person place in the SF bay area or...

asked Oct 21 '14 at 01:27
Blank
Dan
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.8K Views
Giving software engineers a small coding challenge prior to actual interview?

What do you think about giving engineers a small software assignment that they complete at home and send over before scheduling an interview. This would really help an employer save both their and...

asked May 9 '14 at 16:40
Blank
Ruth Mercedes
7 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.45K Views
Hiring software engineers: should you look for overall experience or expertise of a specific language?

When hiring software engineers, should you place more weight on the expertise of the specific language or framework you are using, or overall skill and experience.i.e. A great engineer with 10+...

asked Apr 18 '14 at 00:12
Blank
William Jensen
14 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.37K Views
Is being good at mathematics a precursor to being a good programmer?

I'm a non-technical founder and want to delve into learning a small amount of programming skills. I feel it will help me a lot in avoiding some basic pitfalls.Most of my development is done by...

asked Apr 10 '14 at 13:56
Blank
Michael Reid
14 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.33K Views
Product manager salary higher or lower as compared to software engineers?

I'm a software engineer looking to move into a product manager role. Is the salary as of a product manager higher or lower as compared to software engineers?

asked Mar 11 '14 at 14:53
Blank
Edward Glenn
5 points