Customer Support Questions

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.88K Views
Customer service / outreach calling regulations

Are there any laws or regulations in the United States that define what is or is not acceptable when doing customer service outreach calls. More specifically, what I mean by outreach is an...

asked Jun 29 '12 at 04:04
Blank
Moses
113 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.72K Views
Customer / public Wiki Suggestions

Before launching our startup, we are attempting to have a large portion of the documentation for the product complete. However, we're a bit stranded when it comes to the best presentation of that...

asked May 29 '12 at 03:14
Blank
Gregg
108 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.24K Views
Do I need a phone number for my Saas application

I am building a SaaS app, it's a pure search and download data type of app so I am not expecting much customer interaction other than site usage and I am wrestling with the question of weather I...

asked Mar 20 '12 at 00:09
Blank
Tim
670 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.31K Views
CRM with email integration and useful views for support?

We're not really a startup, but we're still a small (9 employees + 1 part time sales), growing company and we finally need some CRM software. Our Owner has been using and loving MS's Business...

asked Jan 7 '12 at 04:18
Blank
Karen
116 points

7 Votes
3 Answers
2.41K Views
How do you teach customers to use your product?

There are some extra steps a customer needs to learn in order to use my product. How can I achieve this? Do I make a voice over video for each function? Make a wiki? What are some of your...

asked Nov 25 '11 at 15:53
Blank
Kim Jong Woo
644 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.38K Views
How would a company have telephone customer support without the agents hating their jobs?

I hear stories about how working in the customer support division of any software company is terrible work. Boring, often in bad conditions (i.e. environment and supervisors), and often little...

asked Oct 26 '11 at 12:17
Blank
Mirov
384 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
2.36K Views
What are some good strategies when setting up a support wiki page?

We run an internal wiki with a lot of customer support FAQs, HOWTOs, and other random notes. We are now looking at creating a customer-fronting wiki that we can move stuff in to and let them...

asked Nov 1 '11 at 11:08
Blank
Paul Filmer
790 points

6 Votes
2 Answers
2.27K Views
Your business website experiences a bad crash; what's your protocol for communicating with customers?

Having my business website crash (bad) recently was one of the toughest few days since becoming a Founder. My former hosting company experienced a major server issue. A planned re-boot caused a...

asked Nov 2 '11 at 03:56
Blank
Richard H.
175 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.22K Views
Customer Service E-commerce site

I and one other business partner are launching a niche ecommerce site in November. We have nearly everything set except for one or two lingering questions. One of those questions is customer...

asked Sep 12 '11 at 02:55
Blank
User889115
13 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.02K Views
Can anyone recommend a good outsourced customer service solution?

Can anyone recommend a good outsourced solution for customer service? (e-mails and/or calls?)

asked Jul 12 '11 at 07:00
Blank
John
126 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.01K Views
How can we go about supporting our products?

Our business involves developing iPhone/iPad apps now we have a lot of ideas for the apps and we want to develop all of them. Now my problem is Im not sure how we can go about keeping up with each...

asked Jul 8 '11 at 20:46
Blank
I Scotts
152 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.08K Views
Providing technical support for a web software application

I've developed a web software application that allows teachers and students to fix session times. I'm planning to provide this software for sale as an installable. However, I cringe at the...

asked May 28 '11 at 04:17
Blank
Jon
126 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
1.88K Views
What kind of offers can be given to customers when the price of your site is free?

I made some bugs on my site recently that were pretty bad. It is just part of a new release, but I am sure people are not happy about it. What kind of things can I do for the users of my site to...

asked May 24 '11 at 05:19
Blank
Genadinik
1,821 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.64K Views
How do I handle customer support in foreign languages?

We develop and sell mobile software to consumers and are based in US. We sell software internationally but since it is not localized majority of our sales are in English speaking countries. I'm...

asked Apr 28 '11 at 08:27
Blank
Subjc
116 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
3.61K Views
How to track customer email support metrics with gmail?

We're using Gmail to field customer support requests. I am looking for a way to track key metrics of how we serve customers: average response time, %% of inquiries left unanswered, customer...

asked Apr 20 '11 at 17:03
Blank
Maxua
155 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.51K Views
Looking for a solution/methodology to optimize communication & organization between sales and tech-support/development teams

Before I get into the question, I’d like to mention that this is my first venture where I am a decision maker, it's been great but as you will see below, due to some inexperience, I am stumped as...

asked Mar 11 '11 at 13:50
Blank
Danny
113 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.18K Views
Putting limits to technical support for software services, is it good?

I have recently established a company to sell ecommerce software as SaaS. There are some leads that request proposals from me. I am in a dilemma. There are two risks that I want to avoid: I want...

asked Jan 28 '11 at 20:00
Blank
Mert Nuhoglu
116 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
5.24K Views
What is the best tool to manage customer support requests and keep track of employee support time?

Does anyone have suggestions for a tool to keep track of customer support requests, bugs, and questions? Recommendations for the best way to keep track of employee time spent on these issues would...

asked Jan 15 '11 at 05:41
Blank
Andy Cook
2,309 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.27K Views
Using stackexchange for your own product?

StackExchange would be a great alternative to such services as GetSatisfaction. I noticed that fogbugz is using StackExchange as a tool for driving community questions and answers. Is it possible...

asked Jan 6 '11 at 10:55
Blank
Radek
148 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.79K Views
Any recommendations for technical writers?

Can someone please recommend a good firm or contractor for writing and maintaining an online product manual in English?

asked Jan 8 '11 at 06:01
Blank
Oleg Barshay
2,091 points