Email Questions

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.38K Views
can-spam advice, are these messages transactional, relationship or commercial?

I'm running a dating site and as the volume of emails is growing dramatically, I want to be 200% sure that I am can-spam compliant. Here is the types of emails that I send and how I classify them...

asked Dec 6 '10 at 21:31
Blank
Sherif Buzz
462 points

7 Votes
5 Answers
3.66K Views
Is there a CRM software that

I'm looking for a low-cost or hopefully free for 1-3 users CRM software that has the following features: 1) Integrates with my email automatically (I'd like for all the email conversations, with a...

asked Nov 21 '10 at 04:24
Blank
Igorek
886 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.92K Views
Are "invite your friends" emails can-spam compliant?

I've added an "invite your friends" feature to my site but reading through can-spam, it seems as if invites should be classified as unsolicited emails. But invites must be can-spam compliant...

asked Nov 14 '10 at 21:47
Blank
Sherif Buzz
462 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.1K Views
How to deal with members who are banned from a site?

i'm running a niche dating site startup and every day we ban a number of members who either are time wasters, harass other members, etc. About once a week I get an email from one of the...

asked Oct 10 '10 at 17:35
Blank
Sherif Buzz
462 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
4.43K Views
Free ESPs (Email Service Providers) for Tax Exempt Non-Profit organizations?

My Tax Exempt 501(c)(3)non-profit organization is launching a new web application. We will be generating large amounts of emails between our users. We estimate that we will be sending and receiving...

asked Oct 16 '10 at 11:43
Blank
John Kramlich
108 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.46K Views
"Invite your Friends" feature - best practices

We're in the process of adding an "invite your friends" feature to our dating site, and I was wondering if anybody has any tips/past experience in the best way to utilize the invites. Here's what I...

asked Oct 20 '10 at 06:35
Blank
Sherif Buzz
462 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
1.81K Views
Rules of good email communication

What are the rules of good style in business email communication, regarding timeline of message exchanging? I mean, how fast the incoming message should be answered? What are the most possible...

asked Oct 1 '10 at 03:15
Blank
Rem
352 points

8 Votes
11 Answers
3.55K Views
Would Google Apps or Outlook Exchange Be Better For Startups?

Google Apps is now frequently compared to Microsoft's Outlook Exchange email solution. Which one would be better for usage in a startup?

asked Sep 22 '10 at 11:07
Blank
Jfw
150 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
5.13K Views
How to setup [email protected] and [email protected] using Google Apps?

I have recently signed up to Google Apps. I am setting up users for my mail accounts. When I tried to setup the following two user accounts: [email protected] [email protected] I got the...

asked Jul 14 '10 at 19:51
Blank
Morpheous
236 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
3.54K Views
Do you use a service for ensuring email deliverability (like Sendgrid, Postmark, etc.)? Why or why not? If so, what service?

Using an external service for delivering your emails can take a lot of load off your shoulders if deliverability is a must. Services like Sendgrid and Postmark have pre-configured, whitelisted...

asked May 16 '10 at 05:47
Blank
Mark Bao
604 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.83K Views
Should I move my business email to Gmail?

I'm battling with this issue for a while. I host my domain at DiscountAsp and although I'm very happy with the hosting, their email web application has some limitations. Basically what I need is...

asked Jun 4 '10 at 03:49
Blank
Stefanos Tses
981 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
3.1K Views
Are Google Apps (hosted gmail/groups) enough for early stage customer service?

We're currently building a small e-commerce product that involves recurrenct billing (think of domain registration). As the 'tech guy' I don't want to set up a full blown ticketing system at this...

asked May 9 '10 at 00:37
Blank
Roland
33 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
4.07K Views
How to quickly check a large number of email addresses for validity

I have about 1000 people who answered a survey about 10 years ago that were interested in the product I was going to develop. They indicated they'd like me to send them an email when the beta...

asked Feb 8 '10 at 07:54
Blank
Lkessler
1,471 points

7 Votes
9 Answers
5.44K Views
Help with an effective email signature

I'm trying to come up with an effective email signature, but I'm undecided which has the most impact. So far I have come up with: Joe Blogs Managing Director www.smartcompanysoftware.com A little...

asked Jan 25 '10 at 13:35
Blank
Smart Company Software
1,190 points

5 Votes
6 Answers
2.69K Views
To use the company domain for the product's email addresses?

This may seem an awfully trivial question, but its one that's been bugging me enough to ask it here. I've developing (in the final stages before initial release) a web application service to sell...

asked Jan 25 '10 at 17:47
Blank
Daemin
323 points

6 Votes
9 Answers
3.65K Views
Should you time your emails to be during business hours?

Do customers care if I reply at three in the morning, or will they think it's unprofessional?

asked Jan 28 '10 at 13:43
Blank
Steve Hanov
596 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
9.07K Views
How to prevent legit emails sent to customers who asked these emails from being considered spam?

I'm bootstrapping a business software and I've got a serious issue: I don't plan on doing any "mass mailing" nor "email campaign". I will never ever send one email to someone who didn't ask. My...

asked Jan 11 '10 at 19:47
Blank
Tristan St.
180 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
1.98K Views
Should I use a seperate but related domain to send reports from my new webapp?

In other webapps I've done I've always sent email from the same domain as the app. However for my next project I'm thinking of using a related domain. For example if my webapp domain was...

asked Jan 4 '10 at 05:42
Blank
Doug Martin
123 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.7K Views
How do I create a successful Email campaign?

I'm trying to figure out the best way of sending out an email campaign to alert potential customers about my desktop software application for fostering agencies and organizations. I have looked at...

asked Jan 6 '10 at 13:44
Blank
Smart Company Software
1,190 points

9 Votes
13 Answers
6.33K Views
Does having a professional email account matter?

Is it just me or do: @yahoo, gmail, hotmail, accounts not look professional? I can't imagine cost being an excuse. Most hosting providers include email with the site.

asked Dec 11 '09 at 14:28
Blank
Jeff O
6,169 points