Advertising Questions

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.2K Views
Placing Ads in highly targeted email

I run a mail service for a particular community of users. This email system goes far beyond an occasional email to a basic mailing list - it is the fabric that holds the community together. I would...

asked Oct 19 '11 at 03:38
Blank
Wes
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.26K Views
How do you get your Startup featured on national television news?

I am wondering if anyone has any advice on how to get your startup featured on TV? I have had some success getting written about on some blogs, but nothing that non startup / tech people would see.

asked Oct 22 '11 at 01:08
Blank
B Sherratt
11 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.3K Views
How much money to spend on successful advertising?

If you are spending money on measurable advertising (ie. CPC) and you know that the return on investment is worthwhile (ie. the revenue generated by converted users is greater than the amount spent...

asked Oct 7 '11 at 16:00
Blank
Joel Friedlaender
5,007 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.1K Views
Are software download sites generating sales?

I sell a software which I registered with some download sites. They generate a lot of traffic in downloading and distributing the demo but don't generate much visitors or sales in relation to this....

asked Oct 13 '11 at 16:18
Blank
Amenti
167 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.59K Views
CPC v/s CPM Which one is better

So i have got investors for my website(say), and in order to pay them back ( :P ) i have to start making revenues from the very first day i guess, and i heard about these two methods: CPC AND...

asked Oct 3 '11 at 23:37
Blank
Kraken
133 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.81K Views
Video trailer services for startups

I've been working on a web-app that is set to finish late November and I'm now looking for ways to demonstrate my app via a promotional trailer (preferably not a just a screencast) of some sort....

asked Sep 27 '11 at 16:09
Blank
User744319
94 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.96K Views
Will people use a site that pays them to share?

We have just launched a beta of our website that pays people to share products and services they like with friends in their network who might be interested. We are trying to figure out the best way...

asked Sep 28 '11 at 06:37
Blank
Ben Stewart
11 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.27K Views
Besides Adwords and SEO, how do you advertise an international customer support service?

Given that you want to provide quality computer support for customers in the US remotely, via online chat, phone and screen sharing solutions, how would you go about advertising such service among...

asked Sep 14 '11 at 03:34
Blank
Maxim V. Pavlov
217 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
2.69K Views
Advertisment on startup is a good idea or not?

As everyone knows that in the beginning days of startups everyone tries to lay low on the cash flow so my question here is that is it a good idea to have ads on the startups(websites)? And if the...

asked Sep 11 '11 at 20:22
Blank
Safran Ali
272 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.82K Views
Integrating my project with facebook

What if i want to integrate my online website with facebook? By integrating i mean, there would be a link on facebook that will take the user to my website directly but i am not talking about...

asked Aug 30 '11 at 22:06
Blank
Kraken
133 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.07K Views
Who are the largest Facebook advertisers?

I don't want to be so direct here, but In this article does anyone have a clue about which company/companies could it be talking about when it says: I’m not going to out you, but you know who you...

asked Aug 30 '11 at 22:58
Blank
Pacerier
317 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
4.16K Views
CPM ad services with low monthly minimums?

I am trying to find a service similar to Google Adsense, SolveMedia, or Brightroll. But I need it to pay strictly on a CPM basis. However, I am having trouble finding a service like this that does...

asked Aug 22 '11 at 12:58
Blank
Flipper
116 points

-2 Votes
1 Answers
1.8K Views
Revenues generated through the hits

I have a website based idea, now i want to know how do the websites generate revenues, i now one way is the advertising, but then i heard it from someone who said that it depends on the number of...

asked Aug 25 '11 at 13:07
Blank
Kraken
133 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
4.55K Views
What is the hourly rate of a freelance marketing consultant?

I am in a start up with very limited financial liquidity (less than $10,000) I reached a stage where my online store is taking shape, I have a stock of product now and enough to start a sales...

asked Aug 26 '11 at 12:11
Blank
Ramzi
21 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.59K Views
How can I find a consultant for my Advertising startup?

I have a an idea for a startup that would be closely intertwined with the Advertising industry. I still need to do the necessary research to determine if the idea is viable and to identify all the...

asked Aug 17 '11 at 06:07
Blank
Beachrunnerjoe
319 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.26K Views
Marketing my niche web application

I'm a web developer by trade but I work for a graphic design agency. I've written a subscription service (I own the code) that allows design studios to track jobs, allocate them to staff and track...

asked Aug 6 '11 at 18:52
Blank
Jim Blizz
1 point

9 Votes
6 Answers
3.57K Views
Marketing suggestions for a small startup?

I am interested in starting a small (to start with at least) software company. The Software I would be selling would be add-ons to Microsoft SharePoint. While I am skilled technically, I know...

asked Aug 9 '11 at 15:45
Blank
Abe Miessler
264 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.64K Views
Common ways to advertise music?

What are some common ways that record labels advertise music?

asked Jul 25 '11 at 09:02
Blank
Edward Black
16 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.29K Views
Charging for ads based on time they run for?

I was wondering if there is such a thing as "Pay Per Date Run"? - as opposed to Pay Per Click or Pay Per Impression. For example: paying for an ad to run on week 31 - August 1st to August 7th for x...

asked Jul 31 '11 at 01:55
Blank
Derek Kwok
103 points

12 Votes
2 Answers
3.21K Views
How Do I Promote My Business

Marketing your startup takes many forms. The classical marketing approach revolves around the 4 P’s: Product, Price, Promotion and Place. For this question and answer, we will tackle the Promotion...

asked Aug 1 '11 at 06:46
Blank
Jarie Bolander
11,421 points