Advertising Questions

2 Votes
5 Answers
2.44K Views
Ideas to advertise online for free

I am looking to start advertising my online fast food ordering website on the internet and I am looking for some ideas on how to do this for free, for the mean time. I currently have no money I...

asked Apr 5 '11 at 04:31
Blank
Ddd
116 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
1.9K Views
Tracking offline advertising campaigns?

In online advertisements we have Google Analytics, SiteCatalyst, and other web analytics solutions to monitor our campaign’s click-through and conversion rates. How do we keep track those things...

asked Apr 6 '11 at 12:57
Blank
Adib
293 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.3K Views
How to find the correct keywords for your product?

I understand the marketing basics on keywords and the use of tools like Google Insight, Keyword traffic estimator, and others. My concern comes from a product that people usually don't search...

asked Mar 23 '11 at 10:22
Blank
Geo
268 points

6 Votes
5 Answers
2.37K Views
What role do you see QR codes playing in marketing?

Those funny square codes seem to be popping up everywhere. From the pages of USA Today as a hyper-link to news pictures, in the airport to download reading material after watching a bank...

asked Mar 25 '11 at 08:45
Blank
Joseph Barisonzi
12,141 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
2.84K Views
Is Google inflating the cost of AdWords with all of these coupons they are handing out?

Google occasionally sends me free coupons for $100 on AdWords for the various sites I run. I just blew $100 on advertising on my startup's website. I set the campaign at an aggressive $2 bid and...

asked Mar 31 '11 at 02:12
Blank
Kirk
227 points

5 Votes
6 Answers
3.11K Views
How to get the word out on a shoestring budget?

I am a stay-at-home mom who managed to develop a piece of software for Windows desktop PCs, laptops and netbooks. The theoretical market is HUGE but the traffic to my website, where I offer my...

asked Mar 18 '11 at 00:01
Blank
Jen
26 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.93K Views
Coffee Startup -- How to decide where to spend the marketing dollars?

We just opened a coffee store online. This store brings exceptionally good quality coffee to the door steps of every person in every US state. We are based on the Caribbean area. Enough with my own...

asked Mar 19 '11 at 02:47
Blank
M. Torres
51 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.07K Views
Advice in placemat advertising for a web based healthy snack delivery startup?

I'm starting a web based healthy snack box (consisting of a variety of dried fruits, nuts, organics, etc.) delivery business in a busy commercial area. The box is designed to provide a healthy...

asked Mar 5 '11 at 03:05
Blank
Hakkasan
21 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.49K Views
Isn't there a standard for categorizing products and services?

I am building a database of products (and services) and need to put similar items in the same category. That's got to be a common need, and I don't want to recreate the wheel. For example, a...

asked Mar 6 '11 at 08:57
Blank
C. Scott
85 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.15K Views
Why is this fever of getting followers on twitter?

My twitter account is followed by hundreds of proposing me to return following, to get software for and learn techniques for getting thousands of followers. But why? I personally read most of...

asked Mar 12 '11 at 05:05
Blank
Gennady Vanin Novosibirsk
133 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.22K Views
General cost per click (CPC) price in developed countries?

I know this question is a bit artificial, please don't explain me the concept, etc. because I am a professional senior e-marketer. I was just wondering how much do you think one general link click...

asked Mar 1 '11 at 11:19
Blank
Vafello
106 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.88K Views
Monetize website without spending money

I have made a website http://www.humanisms.co.uk, it is similar in concept to other very popular websites that are user-content orientated, ie. FML, TFLN, Sickipedia, TrueLad...etc. Now, all its...

asked Mar 2 '11 at 01:40
Blank
Benhowdle89
133 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.85K Views
Does CPC have a residual effect?

I run a small website www.anybumper.com and I ventured off into CPC advertising a few months ago. It's working out OK, the CPA is just a little less than the net profit of the products i'm selling,...

asked Mar 2 '11 at 04:27
Blank
Polyhedron
145 points

12 Votes
4 Answers
7.16K Views
What is the typical revenue stream expected from Android advertising?

I know this is a broad question (and a sensitive one) but would be interested to know some stats. If using Google's AdMob service for your android app, can you provide an indication of realised...

asked Feb 17 '11 at 16:15
Blank
Giulio
163 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.47K Views
What is the most effective way to market a Local Small Business?

We have successfully launched a small business providing services locally in a couple cities. Uptake of new clients has been slow and we want to spend some of our (limited!) cash to market the...

asked Feb 18 '11 at 04:19
Blank
Mcohen75
157 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.45K Views
How do AdWords spy services work?

There are several services like SpyFu, AdBeat & ispionage which advertise they can provide the keywords, budget, ad copy and other information which competitors use in different ad networks...

asked Feb 4 '11 at 03:57
Blank
Tony Henrich
283 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.26K Views
Is there a proven way to attract users to a site besides the usual suspects we all know?

Aside from Adwords, Link Building, blogging, what are some other ways to attract and retain a loyal user base??

asked Jan 12 '11 at 06:55
Blank
Donald
136 points

8 Votes
5 Answers
32.7K Views
How many visitors per day does a site need to draw any significant ad revenue?

Lately, I've been considering different ideas for new sites, but the first and biggest question is how to make money with a site. When I can't think of an obvious way to make money with a site, I...

asked Jan 13 '11 at 01:52
Blank
Mark Rogers
149 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
3.62K Views
Good ways to make a promotional video?

I'm a couple of months away from releasing my gradebook app for teachers, and will need a good promotional video. I'm bootstrapped and don't have much cash. Any suggestions? I can make a decent...

asked Dec 20 '10 at 05:22
Blank
Riley
193 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.9K Views
If you can't come up with a business model for your idea for a website, can you just slap ads on it and call it a day?

I apologize in advance to smart, experienced tech entrepreneurs if the question is absurd, I'm just trying to get where you are and you have to start somewhere. I have an idea for a website that...

asked Dec 20 '10 at 17:15
Blank
Beachrunnerjoe
319 points