Advertising Questions

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.12K Views
Anyway I can get the list of new startups so that I can inform them to try my new A/B test service?

I have just launched my first startup regarding A/B test creation and monitoring service for anyone who want to increase their website conversion rate through A/B tests. Is there a way I can find...

asked Nov 25 '10 at 18:15
Blank
Phlai
98 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.37K Views
Any experience with Rubicon Project?

I came across, what seems another ad network, but they claim to be able to optimize and fill your ad inventory better. Does anyone have any experience with Rubicon Project and do they indeed have a...

asked Nov 30 '10 at 12:35
Blank
Usabilitest
1,698 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.27K Views
Is it a good idea to pay users to sign up for my service

We recently launched our word of mouth advertising startup, www.boostria.com. We want to rapidly grow our user base to mature our system. But it takes lots of time/effort to sign new users. So, my...

asked Nov 13 '10 at 06:55
Blank
James Chen
19 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
3.01K Views
What are the best ways to monetize a web application with advertisement

I am developing a web/mobile application. It is a list and task manager/personal organizer. I would like to keep it completely free for users. Moreover, I don't want to show any advertisement...

asked Nov 2 '10 at 00:25
Blank
Dan
49 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
3.38K Views
What should my next step be in implementing my idea?

I am wondering what my next step should be in implementing my idea. Should I design a smaller step of the website (I mean script and the actual design)? I can't use SEO to get traffic. I was...

asked Nov 2 '10 at 09:03
Blank
Bhargav Patel
784 points

4 Votes
6 Answers
3.54K Views
How do I attract users to an empty website so that they can add content?

I have started a website that I believe will be very useful, however it requires the public to report their own experiences. The problem is that when people visit the site they see that it doesn't...

asked Nov 5 '10 at 08:22
Blank
Scott Griffis
23 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.67K Views
How much to charge for sponsorship spot on my blog?

I have been asked how much do we charge for a sponsorship or an ad in our blog... what is a fair price, do you charge per month, size, location in page? any tips will be greatly appreciated. The...

asked Oct 15 '10 at 01:12
Blank
Ricardo
4,815 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.21K Views
What is considered a "good" click through ratio on Facebook Ads?

I've been running ads on Facebook for a few months and have seem a good stream of traffic from there. I'm running a niche dating site, and here's my average CTR : Females 0.5% (0.5 click for every...

asked Oct 9 '10 at 01:15
Blank
Sherif Buzz
462 points

6 Votes
10 Answers
3.64K Views
What is the best book on marketing you have ever read?

What is the best book on marketing you have ever read?

asked Aug 24 '10 at 21:23
Blank
Steven
1 point

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.2K Views
What is the difference between advertising and marketing?

What is the difference between advertising and marketing?

asked Aug 25 '10 at 12:00
Blank
Steven
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.07K Views
Are vertical ad networks better than Adsense?

If I'm setting up a content-based site that I want to advertise on, is it typically better to use AdSense or should I look for an ad network that focuses on my particular vertical? Which one...

asked Sep 11 '10 at 15:42
Blank
Javid Jamae
347 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.57K Views
What are the essential things to know when creating a banner ad?

I've seen other posts that ask about creating banner ads for cheap, but none that focus on the actual elements that should be in a banner ad for a startup. What are some general tips for creating...

asked Sep 11 '10 at 15:50
Blank
Javid Jamae
347 points

1 Votes
7 Answers
3.03K Views
Ways to sell domain names without using a domain auctioneer?

I am aware of Sedo, Godaddy Autions and Afternic. I don't like their added fees and commission rates. Sedo wants Appraisals for domain names selling for more than $10,000. I am not sure why....

asked Sep 16 '10 at 07:20
Blank
Tony Henrich
85 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.92K Views
How to write an advertisement?

Any tips or guidelines? Or is there a great book on that?

asked Jul 14 '10 at 13:05
Blank
Jack
116 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.62K Views
How to set ad prices?

I am looking for information/pointers about how to set the ad rates for a webiste that is targeting a specific niche. What's the reasonable flat price to charge based on banner sizes and...

asked Jul 16 '10 at 08:15
Blank
User2202
164 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.86K Views
Starting New School 4th question

Once I've solidified what we're offering, where and what are some cheap/free ways to get students involved. I need really creative ideas here. Craigslist doesn't cut it as a good answer. In my...

asked Aug 2 '10 at 15:41
Blank
Ryan Chatterton
921 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.9K Views
Promoting a website by writing articles

We have recently launched a website, and we are now going through the promotional phase of 'getting the word out'. One of the ways we are doing this is by writing a series of quality articles to...

asked Aug 17 '10 at 20:42
Blank
Morpheous
236 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
3.35K Views
Looking to create a video demo of software; Tool suggestions?

I used MS free development tool (sorry forgot the name and not on the computer where I did it) and the video was just old and not that good. I'm not good at the whole video thing but would really...

asked Jun 10 '10 at 13:55
Blank
John Bogrand
2,210 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.27K Views
Reports needed for ecommerce and advertising

I'm planning to have a develop build a CMS (in Ruby on Rails) with blogging, advertising and ecommerce integration. Many types of reports/charts would seem necessary in such a system: Unique...

asked Jul 4 '10 at 02:36
Blank
User3741
6 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
1.97K Views
How do I go about getting some custom cartoons created for my marketing?

What is the process of getting some custom cartoons created? How to a find a good designer and what should I expect to pay? Should I first draw draft cartoons to show the “concept” by self, or...

asked Jul 6 '10 at 20:05
Blank
Ian Ringrose
406 points