Advertising Questions

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.48K Views
Is it legal to monetize your browser add-on by changing others advertisements?

I'm about to develop an interesting, from a functional perpective, extension for Chrome but got a lot doubts in terms of how to monetize it. I was wondering if it's ok from a legal perspective to...

asked Jul 20 '11 at 06:11
Blank
Ivo Es
16 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.71K Views
Company Showcasing: Do Recruiters have the need to showcase work/ projects of their organizations while promoting company to potential candidates?

Do Recruiters have the need to showcase the work/ projects of their organizations while promoting their company to the potential candidates ? If this showcasing is required, through what means is...

asked Jul 11 '11 at 22:29
Blank
User01
106 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.11K Views
How do you get newspapers, magazines or news websites to talk about your product so that you can put "As Seen In" links on your site?

So many web 2.0 type sites these days have a "As Seen In" or "Featured In" section on their website. Does anyone know what the best approach to achieving this kind of PR is?

asked Jun 14 '11 at 03:11
Blank
Nikolay Piryankov
683 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.2K Views
How to sell software tools to developers?

I have Windows desktop tools for developers. I have a few large companies that bought them. It is mostly project managers that did the buying and so far they found me via Google search(I have done...

asked Jun 9 '11 at 03:11
Blank
Textpert
21 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.86K Views
What are the best ways of advertising a new green-technology product to angel investors

My company recently completed development of a new highly innovative commercial green-technology product. The product has two versions - for commercial and residential use. I need help of an...

asked Jun 3 '11 at 07:34
Blank
Dom
16 points

8 Votes
5 Answers
3.31K Views
How to start the influx of visitors on a user-generated content site?

I have a site that I launched yesterday. I've thought of things like DIGGing, Reddit, etc., but I'm not seeing much of a change in my website traffic. I've gotten a few (literally) users to go...

asked May 18 '11 at 05:01
Blank
Steve Corey
41 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.64K Views
Where to start with Marketing? Need better Internet reach

My company is in a niche with over 11 million potential customers, yet we have a little less than 100k customers currently. Given that we currently spend $0.00 in marketing (we focused on...

asked May 19 '11 at 10:34
Blank
John
23 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.3K Views
How much should I Pay Per Click relative to Lifetime Value of the customer?

For simplicity assume conversion rate is 10%, and margin is 50%. How much should I pay for the visitor in relation to the lifetime value of the customer? PPC/10% < LTV*50% has to be true, but...

asked May 21 '11 at 00:51
Blank
Tim Nikolaev
176 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.39K Views
What are the best magazines to put an ad seeking for sales&marketing bus. partner on commission basis?

My company developed and validated highly innovative water purification products for residential and commercial applications. What are the best magazines to put an ad seeking for...

asked May 25 '11 at 03:35
Blank
Dom
16 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.09K Views
spread ad budget across many countries or few?

Assume we have a limited advertisement budget that we are currently spreading it across 30 countries. Is it valid to think that by putting it all on a single country (e.g Italy) there is an...

asked May 10 '11 at 21:23
Blank
Cherouvim
219 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.48K Views
Free or not free

We're developing an idea for a product that we can give to retailers at no cost by subsidizing the cost through advertising. Retailers don't pay much for it, but it is still an expense to them. The...

asked May 15 '11 at 02:16
Blank
Cameron
16 points

5 Votes
6 Answers
5.09K Views
How do I price website advertisements?

We want to start selling ad space on our niche website, however are unsure at what factors make up the ad price. We will start offering ad space once we are getting 3k-5k visitors per month. Based...

asked May 6 '11 at 02:54
Blank
Sam
509 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
3.02K Views
How to "market" my web software company?

I have been developing database-driven software since 1996. During the last year I decided to "sell" this software. I've a lot of source code for a lot of ... customer needs. Starting from help...

asked May 7 '11 at 07:33
Blank
Stighy
111 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.28K Views
How to Start an Advertising Agency

I want to start a Advertising agency. I already have many of the requirements like a video and image editor (my friend), highly skilled software and electronic engineers (my brother), and an...

asked May 2 '11 at 04:13
Blank
Satya Narayana Padhy
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.61K Views
Local advertising strategy

I have break & fix computer business and would like to find out how to go about figuring out the best marketing medium for my advertising. There are some local magazines and news papers,...

asked Apr 11 '11 at 09:49
Blank
Mat Banik
325 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
4.6K Views
Advertisement in desktop application

I built a small and cool java-base desktop application. I want to release it for free, and put an advertisement for getting profits out of it - Like EverNote doing on their Mac OS X App. I don't...

asked Apr 13 '11 at 03:46
Blank
Arnon
13 points

7 Votes
9 Answers
4.07K Views
Google Adwords techniques and tips

What are some good Google Adwords people have found that really work for getting qualified leads and finding good, cheap keywods? Or any other tips? Any great articles about it? Also, for a...

asked Mar 31 '11 at 22:59
Blank
Genadinik
1,821 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.63K Views
Need advice on getting the word out about an open source and free site

A few months back I got tired of doing portfolio tracking in a spreadsheet and sat down and made a site. I got a few friends and family to start using it as well for their portfolios but have been...

asked Apr 2 '11 at 14:39
Blank
Gennadiy
313 points

10 Votes
7 Answers
3.49K Views
Is AdSense worth your time?

I never click on any Adsense ad. I hear people say they make peanuts from Adsense ads compared with the time they spend creating content. Today I was reading an eBook called Adsense Secrets 5...

asked Apr 3 '11 at 13:03
Blank
Tony Henrich
283 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.84K Views
How damaging are ads to product adoption?

Has anyone come across any research or has had experience with just how much more damaging to product/site adoption it is to have ads like AdSense on your site versus not having them? Any...

asked Apr 4 '11 at 10:22
Blank
Genadinik
1,821 points