Advertising Questions

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.9K Views
Publicising the business-plan?

Being a libertarian, I am completely honest with all my business-transactions, business-offerings and partnerships. From a marketing perspective, would it be beneficial to post my business-plan on...

asked Feb 9 '12 at 02:57
Blank
A T
38 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.84K Views
How to sell advertising space on the website during initial stages?

I'm building a web application for an academic community. I'm relying on advertisements as the revenue model for my business. My website is currently in its very initial stage so, how can I get the...

asked Feb 10 '12 at 07:19
Blank
Aditya
18 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.01K Views
Are there any 'rules of thumb' regarding email response rates?

I am running a startup and I reached out to an industry publication that I read while I was working for my last employer (for advertising our product with them). I am interested in their email...

asked Jan 25 '12 at 13:11
Blank
Ktr
53 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.46K Views
is this ad revenue model accurate?

I'm setting up an ad-supported website and trying to work through the numbers. I came across this article that gives a model. Being a newb at advertising, I've got quite a few questions: For CPM...

asked Jan 14 '12 at 14:10
Blank
Ginius
101 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.36K Views
What's a good size for display ads test run?

I am a small software company and I'm thinking about buying display ads on sites that are relevant to my target audience. Those ads are usually priced by CPM, so how many impressions do I need to...

asked Jan 3 '12 at 20:35
Blank
Nir
1,569 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.01K Views
How much can an ad-driven website earn per click?

I am considering starting an ad-driven website. I'll probably start with Google AdWords. (Is there a better alternative?) What is the "typical" amount a website can earn per click or per...

asked Jan 5 '12 at 11:38
Blank
User522962
108 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.42K Views
Generating ad revenue from Facebook fan page/application

We are planning to create a facebook fan page/application which has the potential of driving in a daily traffic of 100,000.However,we are not clear about the revenue generating model.Is there any...

asked Dec 13 '11 at 16:26
Blank
User14997
6 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.08K Views
Pitching my idea to other business

I have a minimum viable product web application which I have been tinkering with over the past 6 months. A friend of mine who is keen on startups and attends meet-ups and other events suggested I...

asked Dec 13 '11 at 18:31
Blank
Xiaohouzi79
1,257 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.81K Views
Advertise a freelance/one-person graphic design business?

For 15 years or so, I worked at various graphic design firms as a production artist. Two years ago I left "Design Firm" in "Big City* and started working freelance from home in "Rural Area" about...

asked Dec 14 '11 at 04:13
Blank
Bgad
28 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.6K Views
How to sell ad space for a local coupon shopper?

I started a local coupon shopper for small businesses, but I am having a hard time selling ad space. My costs are much lower than any of my competitors, however I'm stuck on how to attract local...

asked Dec 15 '11 at 07:18
Blank
Bernard
6 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.17K Views
Email blasting worth it for small group?

I am currently part of a small team of people (<6) who are working on building a mobile application for release on a few of the popular mobile stores. We were deciding on ways of advertising and...

asked Dec 8 '11 at 00:37
Blank
A Sandwhich
121 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
3.84K Views
Which websites successfully make money just from ads?

I'm wondering how many websites are actually successful at making money purely off ads. Clearly the search engines do, but apart from them can you point out specific sites which have successful...

asked Nov 16 '11 at 08:29
Blank
Yarin
147 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.24K Views
Any thoughts on Ask v Bing v Google for search advertising?

I am looking for an alternative to AdSense. Have you had any experience of the non Google ad engines any any advise on the relative costs and performance?

asked Nov 18 '11 at 09:09
Blank
Jon Slinn
16 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.41K Views
Another alternative ad manager website like Buysellads.com?

My website isn't generating any traffic yet as it's under developement and ready to be launch within a week. I need to sort out selling ads on my website's part as soon as I can. I tried to use...

asked Nov 21 '11 at 10:50
Blank
Modular
39 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.58K Views
How much traffic should a site have before selling ad space makes sense?

I am just about to launch my site. I am launching it completely ad free. I am doing this for a few reasons. First, the site looks cleaner. Second, people may be more inclined to use the site if...

asked Nov 22 '11 at 08:19
Blank
User5765
106 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.31K Views
Has anyone ever used one of the buy Facebook fan sites?

I just set up a Facebook page for a totally new business along with a teaser page. The Facebook page is looking a little lost. I still have some work to do to spruce it up and give it a little more...

asked Nov 7 '11 at 10:41
Blank
Lloyd
360 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
2.18K Views
What are the best and/or cheapest online/offline methods you've found for driving traffic to your website?

I raised a query in another question about Facebook ads and someone suggested to focus elsewhere on acquiring customers and use Facebook to engage and maintain relationships. So that got me...

asked Nov 7 '11 at 13:15
Blank
Lloyd
360 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.48K Views
Most ideas have already been done, do you stand a chance with a good execution and a high quality product?

My friends and I have been brainstorming lot of ideas in the past month or so. We spent two days to discuss one idea, searched it on web, checked different options, made a rough design and then we...

asked Oct 30 '11 at 02:37
Blank
Mutant
133 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
1.98K Views
Ok to run adverts on competitors website?

One of our competitors runs Google adverts on their website. We've debated running an advert via the Google network on that site. We're in two minds about it: It's going to be amazingly highly...

asked Nov 3 '11 at 02:36
Blank
Tom
480 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.64K Views
Best Online Advertising Model

I'm constructing an online start-up and I'm not completely sure of the best possible online advertisement pricing model. Should I use the Cost Per Thousand Impressions model, the Cost Per Click...

asked Oct 17 '11 at 10:48
Blank
Matt
20 points