Advertising Questions

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.22K Views
Long term or short term advertisement offer?

I run a website that attracts university and companies that offer program, service, software in a certain niche. I'll plan the site in a short time and have several potential clients contacting me...

asked Dec 23 '09 at 06:27
Blank
Baraider
36 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.41K Views
Workable Online Advertising Campaign

I am thinking of launching online advertising campaigns for my product. I have a few choices: Google Adwords targeted banner advertisement at niche forums Affiliate program I understand that...

asked Dec 28 '09 at 14:39
Blank
Graviton
871 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.45K Views
Advertising to Brick and Mortar Small businesses online (florists, cleaning companies etc)

I've got a product that is aimed at offline small businesses; florists, motels, cleaning companies and the like. I'm looking for ways to advertise to them online. There is so much content on the...

asked Dec 31 '09 at 19:32
Blank
Sam Howley
108 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.77K Views
Website Advertisement Pricing Model

I am currently working on integrating and advertisement/advertising module into a online management system I am creating. The question is this... What is the best way to determine pricing for...

asked Jan 5 '10 at 05:00
Blank
Theistand
11 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.84K Views
Found an idea whats the first thing to do? SEO, Finance... confused first business

Currently, I am listening to Dharmesh's interview on Mixergy.com. I really like making websites, made tones of them, but to get them off the ground, is what kills me. Right now, I have a small...

asked Dec 11 '09 at 13:08
Blank
Bhargav Patel
16 points

8 Votes
6 Answers
3.49K Views
What's the most interesting Twitter strategy that you've seen a startup use?

It seems like most startups on Twitter use one of two strategies: 1) Broadcast links & information about the company. 2) Broadcast links & information about the industry related to the...

asked Dec 12 '09 at 16:50
Blank
Aaron Q
101 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.48K Views
Terms And Conditions for Website Advertising

I am curious if anyone has any experience with selling website Ad space directly to customers. If so, what are some of the Terms and Conditions that you have used?

asked Dec 14 '09 at 05:26
Blank
Jarie Bolander
11,421 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.35K Views
Advertising to the elderly (65+)?

I am working towards conducting primary research on elderly (65+) members of my community. Specifically I am researching transportation needs, heavy house work needs, and quality of life for the...

asked Dec 16 '09 at 08:06
Blank
Jed Regan
266 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3K Views
Found product with the same name but from another country before launch

We've invested time and money into advertising our product which we will be launching next month. We just discovered another product with the same name just launched in a European country. Their...

asked Dec 1 '09 at 04:07
Blank
Big Tuna
349 points

14 Votes
7 Answers
4K Views
SEO: Where can I get reliable information about building my website presence and reputation?

Every web site owner wants more traffic. There's an overwhelming amount of information out there about Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Some is legitimate, some outdated, much is based on rumor...

asked Dec 1 '09 at 10:05
Blank
Keith De Long
5,091 points

9 Votes
8 Answers
6.06K Views
Is advertising still a viable revenue model these days?

Based on your experience, is advertising still a viable revenue model these days? I know that Google makes money from their ads systems. But what about other site like Facebook? I heard their ads...

asked Nov 17 '09 at 14:50
Blank
Jpartogi
1,342 points

7 Votes
5 Answers
3.42K Views
Resources for creating an effective landing page

What are your favorite websites for learning about or building effective landing pages for online advertising? How should these pages relate to your main site? I'm a software programming geek that...

asked Oct 27 '09 at 07:30
Blank
D Thrasher
894 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.48K Views
Advertising Sales

I'm looking for advice on how to sell ads on my website, which is password-protected. I have studied AdSense/BuySellAds/etc., but none of them will work acceptably for my site (password-protected...

asked Oct 29 '09 at 13:57
Blank
Web Tech Guy
35 points

8 Votes
6 Answers
12.3K Views
How to estimate revenues/valuation of an advertising-supported internet website?

Do you have a rule of thumb that calculates approx. advertising revenues of a Website based on the traffic generated? How form there can you estimate a valuation of the website? Let's take some...

asked Oct 30 '09 at 08:19
Blank
Fabien7474
210 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.25K Views
Smart ways to optimize ad revenues

Over the time I've realized that mostly 50% of my traffic (from USA/UK/CAN/AUS) makes up 90% of my ad revenues. The other 50% of my traffic (mostly from IND/CN) only contributes like 10% or so. Of...

asked Nov 5 '09 at 00:14
Blank
Arpit Tambi
1,050 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.55K Views
Online Advertising Agencies for Niche Marketers

My business, targetmeister.com, sells target stands for shooting. I was exclusively using Google AdWords for advertising and that has been effective, but I need more traffic/sales. Today, I signed...

asked Nov 6 '09 at 23:08
Blank
Clint
695 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.82K Views
Is there an ad network that lets you buy those 125x125 blog ads across sites?

I don't want an ad network that puts you anywhere. I don't want dozens of ad sizes and specs to worry about. I could really use an ad service that let's me easily buy and manage the basic blog...

asked Oct 17 '09 at 07:00
Blank
Paul O'brien
521 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.71K Views
What do I need to know and do before I can run a contest on my website

I intend to eventually run a contest as a promo. Specifically, I'd like to do a random drawing of a pool of registered users that meet certain criteria. What legal and tax related concerns do I...

asked Oct 20 '09 at 08:34
Blank
Rob Allen
631 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.68K Views
What are the best resources for learning about effective online advertising?

I know I can place ads on Google with Adwords, target ads to individuals' interests on Facebook, use an ad network that distributes my ad broadly, or even buy ads on specific individual...

asked Oct 20 '09 at 11:26
Blank
Chris W. Rea
688 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.56K Views
Marketing to a female demographic

I've a product/website in Family/Relationships segment and so far it attracts 80% women and 20% men. Mostly adults(age 25 to 55) actually pay for it. Younger users generally want it "free". I'm...

asked Oct 24 '09 at 05:15
Blank
Arpit Tambi
1,050 points