Advertising Questions

3 Votes
2 Answers
1.98K Views
What is your most effective Search Engine Marketing (SEM) tip?

Let's hear your most effective SEM tip.

asked May 16 '10 at 07:35
Blank
Mark Bao
604 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.24K Views
Do you go for the Quality or Quantity approach in your social media activities?

How many social network profiles should I have and in how many groups should I participate? What is your approach?

asked May 19 '10 at 20:29
Blank
Tatiana Andrushko
16 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.22K Views
Getting advertisers for your portal

We have a application portal which has a high number of student hits everyday. We would like to start having selected advertising on this portal, probably have very relevant advertisers who would...

asked May 20 '10 at 17:43
Blank
Kabir
96 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.09K Views
Advertising for MicroISV Dummies :)

If you are a MicroISV with 20$ utility product, what are your best options for advertising? How and where do you advertise your MicroISV businesses? What are your experiences with PPC schemes...

asked Jun 5 '10 at 02:05
Blank
Spiro
105 points

6 Votes
7 Answers
3.12K Views
Invest in best possible SEO rather than using AdWords?

From stratup MicroISV perspective, the way I look at the possibilities for advertising, it's much better, as a long-term strategy, to invest and work on the best SEO possible for your web site...

asked Jun 5 '10 at 02:06
Blank
Spiro
105 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
1.63K Views
Advertising: Generic Case Studies

All, I'm looking to put together case studies for all of our clients. We're a contract engineering firm. At this point I need to get our case studies approved by our clients, which brings up the...

asked Apr 28 '10 at 10:27
Blank
Xkenneth
140 points

9 Votes
4 Answers
4.23K Views
How to promote my business using social networking

I see many companies using social networking (Twitter, Facebook etc) to promote their products and services. I've never used sites like this, and don't really know where to begin from a marketing...

asked Apr 7 '10 at 17:35
Blank
Cocowalla
327 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.58K Views
How to handle "sponsor" ads + paid ad networks? Check my idea

What is the best way to handle the invoicing for "sponsor" ads? Do you just set a CPM price point and just track impressions and send out an invoice for each month? It seems like it works the same...

asked Apr 15 '10 at 02:38
Blank
Don Zacharias
132 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.88K Views
Looking for current data on realistic ad revenue for a user generated content web site

We're launching a user generated content web site in late 2Q. I'm looking to get a realistic view of revenue opportunities from impressions and per click ads. The site will serve members across...

asked Mar 6 '10 at 12:28
Blank
Warren E. Hart
2,181 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.18K Views
What are small projects that generate tiny amounts of recurring passive revenue?

What are different techniques for generating tiny amounts of recurring passive revenue? Bonus points if the techniques is not glamorous or web 2.0. Consider the success of things like Bingo Card...

asked Mar 19 '10 at 09:55
Blank
Joseph Turian
895 points

6 Votes
6 Answers
3.04K Views
Getting Started with Marketing

I'd like your opinions on how I can use marketing to increase sales. I run a small business on the side (I also have a full-time job), selling a niche enterprise software application. Last year I...

asked Mar 25 '10 at 21:20
Blank
Cocowalla
327 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.06K Views
Podcast Advertising - costs, benefits, and pitfalls?

Have you done any podcast advertising? Or, perhaps investigated it? I'm very curious to hear about your experience... whether it's on the pricing side or production (i.e. producing your own...

asked Feb 20 '10 at 00:56
Blank
Alex Papadimoulis
5,901 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.62K Views
How to monetize user-submitted links

I have a forum page where users interact and discuss different topics. Lets say one user submits a link to a sales item hosted by an online retailer (ex. macy's sweater on sale on macys.com). How...

asked Feb 21 '10 at 14:35
Blank
Pennyfiller13
86 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
6.41K Views
Source for average customer acquisition costs by industry or retail category

My partners and I are building a site which provides a unique way for merchants to acquire new customers. To guide the development of our initial pricing strategy, we are looking for some...

asked Feb 26 '10 at 12:02
Blank
Startup Guy
88 points

13 Votes
6 Answers
4.53K Views
Which is better, Google adwords or Facebook ads?

I'm about to experiment with Facebook ads and I'm wondering which performs better in terms of ROI: Facebook or Google? I've had some success with Google, so I'm looking forward to comparing. I'd...

asked Mar 3 '10 at 05:09
Blank
Greg Digneo
86 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.1K Views
How to find advertisers for your site?

I want to set up a self-service advertising platform on my social website. I'm hoping that as web traffic picks up, users and advertisers will advertise on my site. How can I find more advertisers...

asked Feb 17 '10 at 07:29
Blank
Pennyfiller13
86 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.65K Views
Where do business people with fat checkbooks "live" and hangout?

We have identified specific industries that we market our software product, but in general that would be any company that is developing software for sale and/or internal use. Also recognize that...

asked Jan 23 '10 at 12:21
Blank
Poopsky
195 points

6 Votes
5 Answers
2.86K Views
Can you recommend an alternative to google Adsense for on-topic ads?

I am running a website and wish to get some revenues from ads. I tried google Adsense but I do not like the fact that the ads are completely off-topic compared to my site. I checked google adsense...

asked Jan 31 '10 at 06:32
Blank
Tucson
714 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.16K Views
Marketing web products to small family practice doctors?

I have a web-based tool that I'd like to market to small private practice doctors. I'm looking for traditional journals and other forms of advertising that would target these medical...

asked Jan 8 '10 at 19:18
Blank
Niyogi
64 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
3.51K Views
Best Method for Advertising Mobile Application

We are looking to get the most bang for our buck, what is the best method for marketing our mobile application? Are there services that specialize in marketing for mobile applications? Any...

asked Jan 19 '10 at 15:38
Blank
Gulu Apps
41 points