Advertising Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.64K Views
Using ads inside startup pages to pay for expenses? And what advertisement solutions work best?

Has anyone added banner ads to there startups to monetize from the beginning? Is this a good idea or better build a memberbase first without any ads that may turn people off? I will be have a free...

asked Sep 29 '12 at 22:35
Blank
Rubytastic
139 points

6 Votes
2 Answers
2.33K Views
Why are Daily Deal sites "hard to scale'?

I read a lot that daily deal sites such as groupon and livingsocial are hard to scale from a business viewpoint. What does this mean, and why is this so?

asked Jul 23 '12 at 20:19
Blank
Jason
56 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.36K Views
Why do marketers limit special pricing to one per person or household?

I've noticed resellers sometimes offer great deals but with the restriction you can only buy a limited quantity per person or household. From a consumer perspective, it may at first glance seem...

asked Aug 1 '12 at 10:10
Blank
Rkagerer
121 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.15K Views
How to find business ideas and marketers?

Possible Duplicate: What's the best way to find/evaluate a Marketing co-founder? I work full time as an asp.net developer. I have more than 5 years of professional experience in writing...

asked Aug 2 '12 at 20:02
Blank
Å¡ljaker
111 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.89K Views
CPM for mobile ads

I'm wondering what influences the CPM for ads in mobile apps. I'm fairly new to the whole ad game so any insight into CPM basics is helpful. For example monthly, annual and seasonal variations. I...

asked Jul 11 '12 at 14:01
Blank
Sunday Monday
167 points

22 Votes
2 Answers
8.25K Views
How much traffic is necessary to generate $1000 per month in advertising revenue?

One of my new ventures is a site that will be Stack Overflow for predictions. Hopefully it will be a high traffic site with many inbound links and targeted keywords. Assume all the risks bear out...

asked Jul 11 '12 at 21:32
Blank
Steve French
621 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.26K Views
Where to advertise for such a very targeted market?

My company makes and sells computers for Autodesk software, so Structural Engineers, 3D designers etc. Where would be best to advertise? We have an adwords campaign running, but we are only...

asked Jun 26 '12 at 21:15
Blank
Adam
133 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
4.04K Views
Revenue from iOS apps with Apple's iAds

I have a free iOS app with about 2000 daily active users. I just submitted an app update that includes Apple's iAds. Now I'm curious about how much revenue I can generate with this user count. I...

asked Jun 29 '12 at 13:16
Blank
Sunday Monday
167 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.75K Views
Advertising campaigns that drive mobile downloads

I want to run an advertising campaign that will drive downloads of my mobile app. I'm open to AdWords, Facebook ads, Reddit self-serve ads, AdMob ads that appear on mobile devices etc. The mobile...

asked Jun 9 '12 at 11:43
Blank
Sunday Monday
167 points

-2 Votes
3 Answers
2.05K Views
Celebrity endorsements

Is it possible to get a celebrity to endorse your start-up without upfront compensation and without guarantee of future compensation? I am not talking about doing any sort of work. I'm talking...

asked May 15 '12 at 08:17
Blank
Mvbl Fst
144 points

7 Votes
2 Answers
3.54K Views
How to politely reject regular offers for advertisement service that come from the same person?

I opened a gourmet shop 3 months ago. The same people come into my shop and offer various kinds of advertisement, and products that they think will fit into my store. When they come for the first...

asked Apr 29 '12 at 05:35
Blank
Nadia1903
36 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.95K Views
Is advertising on cars effective?

Are there any studies that show the effectiveness (or the opposite) of ads placed on cars (wraps, magnets, stickers)?

asked Apr 10 '12 at 07:49
Blank
User194076
157 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.31K Views
Frozen Homemade Food Business

I want to start up a frozen homemade food business. The food/meal should be just like we make at home. The sale will be like membership on the website. For example someone will buy dinner for 1...

asked Mar 24 '12 at 20:00
Blank
Ela Oktay
11 points

14 Votes
5 Answers
4.39K Views
Ways of promoting Android app

I created a few applications. One of them is very good and users like it. However, I can not increase the number of installations to more than 50 per day. It is very small. The program is unique,...

asked Mar 26 '12 at 14:20
Blank
Astraport
186 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.56K Views
Ad/SEO Spend Budget

My question is, how should we decide how much money to spend on advertising if the return on this advertising isn't easily measured? For example, spending it on an adwords campaign to acquire new...

asked Mar 29 '12 at 08:39
Blank
User17220
19 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
3.46K Views
How much money could I make with the following website traffic stats (Adsense, ads)?

I am going to start up a website in the near future and I am aiming to receive at least 10,000 unique page views daily (hopefully up to 100,000 daily). From what I have researched, a CTR of 10% is...

asked Mar 21 '12 at 09:55
Blank
Jeff
1 point

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.53K Views
Should I go for SEO or PPC?

I am working on starting up a new company for providing software development services for iPhone and Android apps. My goal is to get at least 10 projects in a month to reach break even in 3/4...

asked Mar 2 '12 at 18:43
Blank
Ali
179 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.9K Views
How to find developers to use my product?

We are developing back-end web services for app developers. We developed Windows Phone 7 client and working on clients for other platforms. How can we reach developers (especially Windows Phone 7)...

asked Feb 13 '12 at 01:06
Blank
App Dev Ca
9 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.87K Views
Options for targeting advertising on iOS devices

I'd like to put targeted ads in my free iOS application. My app serves a relatively niche group (say hobby fisherman). What's the best ad network to use? I've used Admob and Apple's iAds in other...

asked Feb 15 '12 at 03:59
Blank
Mr Database
129 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
6.77K Views
Can you sell ad space within Facebook?

Does Facebook's Terms of Service allow you to sell ad or banner space on your own tab page or canvas application within Facebook?

asked Feb 16 '12 at 02:13
Blank
Mike Barwick
133 points