Desktop Questions

2 Votes
2 Answers
5.69K Views
Excellent user feedback but sales still low, what am I doing wrong?

I developed a desktop application for Windows and I'm now trying to sell it.http://www.nurgo-software.com/products/aquasnapUser feedback are excellent, I receive encouraging emails from user saying...

asked Dec 17 '14 at 10:27
Blank
User34203
11 points

-1 Votes
3 Answers
8.53K Views
Windows - Where to sell a desktop application?

I'm currently working on a productivity desktop application for Windows and Mac. For the Mac version I will distribute it through the Mac App Store. What is the most popular place to sell a...

asked Feb 28 '13 at 05:03
Blank
James
16 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.57K Views
Should you build a desktop app for your web app?

Is it even worth it anymore to build desktop versions of your web apps?What are some benefits of having a desktop version for mac and windows of your app?One glaring downside is obviously...

asked Mar 1 '14 at 19:53
Blank
Tina Huston
15 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.1K Views
Methods to track desktop software sales conversions

What methods are people using to track landing page -> time limited free trial -> purchase of desktop software? I'm having trouble coming up with a clear solution. Anybody face this issue...

asked Sep 23 '12 at 13:27
Blank
Richard Holland
109 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.4K Views
What is a good way of promoting Freeware desktop software?

Our company develops a Windows based desktop software product (photo and media document management software for small teams). The first product version will be free of charge. The next major...

asked May 15 '12 at 23:59
Blank
Murat
121 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.28K Views
Desktop Software Startup: Offering Free Version and 30 day Trial overkill?

Basically, I am doing pay per feature for my desktop software. I offer a base version which is free, but has limited functionality. I also offer 15 day trial on specific features users wants to...

asked Dec 23 '11 at 01:14
Blank
Gagwgw
227 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.06K Views
Are there commercial cross-platform desktop software that are deployed via zip file with no installer (just let user extract and run)?

Due to technical limitations of a 3rd party library I am using, I am forced to deploy my application in a zip file, containing a .bat script that will launch the application. How important is the...

asked Dec 4 '11 at 20:51
Blank
Kim Jong Woo
644 points