Resources Questions

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.93K Views
(market resource question) What is the most used pc music player?

How can I know which pc desktop music player is the most common in the desktop pc world ? or even where i can find such data ? which is the most used by desktop users ? I would like to develop...

asked Dec 17 '09 at 22:26
Blank
Meir
238 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.31K Views
Would You use fairsoftware.com to find contributers?

Would you consider using Fairsoft 's share vesting system in an early start-up to increase the amount of resources (skilled people) you have access too? You would be using vested equity (though...

asked Nov 24 '09 at 13:48
Blank
Adam
446 points

5 Votes
6 Answers
2.84K Views
How To Outsource Market Research?

What is a good way to outsource internet based competitor and or market research? I am interested in both quantitative and qualitative information and was thinking I might need a different resource...

asked Dec 1 '09 at 05:22
Blank
Adam
446 points

14 Votes
7 Answers
4K Views
SEO: Where can I get reliable information about building my website presence and reputation?

Every web site owner wants more traffic. There's an overwhelming amount of information out there about Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Some is legitimate, some outdated, much is based on rumor...

asked Dec 1 '09 at 10:05
Blank
Keith De Long
5,091 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.76K Views
Corporate Strategic Investment Approach

I'm looking to approach some local companies that my startup has synergy with about making a strategic investment in my company? Any ideas on how to approach these prospects? Thanks...:)

asked Oct 26 '09 at 15:04
Blank
Drew Little
41 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
1.89K Views
Resources on Non-Profits

Looking to launch as a non-profit and I am looking for Recommended blogs. Recommended books. Recommended People/organizations to follow on twitter. (can someone with reputation, please create a...

asked Oct 29 '09 at 22:34
Blank
Mathaix
510 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.68K Views
What are the best resources for learning about effective online advertising?

I know I can place ads on Google with Adwords, target ads to individuals' interests on Facebook, use an ad network that distributes my ad broadly, or even buy ads on specific individual...

asked Oct 20 '09 at 11:26
Blank
Chris W. Rea
688 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.16K Views
If there was going to be a Founders at Work Volume 2 - what companies should be included?

Founders at Work proved to be a seminal piece of work for startup founders - a lot of things have happened since it's publication such as the "supposed" demise of Web 2.0, the rise of Twitter and...

asked Oct 21 '09 at 09:21
Blank
User287
164 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.84K Views
Twitter Recommendations

I liked this question, and I felt that the answers were valuable, so I thought I'd ask one along the same lines. Which Twitterers do technology entrepreneurs find most valuable? I'm following...

asked Oct 12 '09 at 09:26
Blank
Scott
784 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.52K Views
Non-Profit Startup Resources

I've never started a business before, let alone a charitable, non-profit organization. I search the web and find a lot of information, but other than common sense, I don't know how to tell what is...

asked Oct 14 '09 at 06:17
Blank
Scott
121 points

12 Votes
21 Answers
7.78K Views
What are good startup podcasts?

What are the best podcasts for startups? Not only covering technology, but also legal issues, finance issues etc? I love listening to podcasts, I can walk or run at the same time as learning...

asked Oct 14 '09 at 17:23
Blank
Matthew Farwell
161 points

1 Votes
6 Answers
2.92K Views
How important is it to secure domain name variants

A recent disagreement between partners in a recent start-up was on how many variants of domain names should be registered early on. My view was that just the main domain (.com and .co.uk as we are...

asked Oct 11 '09 at 09:18
Blank
Ronnie Barker
313 points

4 Votes
10 Answers
3.67K Views
The blog you can't live without

Which one is it? I have to choose Seth Godin's blog.

asked Oct 12 '09 at 02:33
Blank
Tiago
333 points

8 Votes
12 Answers
3.43K Views
Books to read before starting a business?

I'm starting an online store with a partner. Because there will be lot of students and other people working directly under me, I'm starting to feel a bit overwhelmed. I have no practical or...

asked Jul 25 '11 at 14:09
Blank
Nikhil
145 points