Accountants Questions

9 Votes
4 Answers
4.19K Views
Finding a good lawyer / accountant for my startup

I have been told that deciding how and when to incorporate my startup is best answered by speaking to an accountant or lawyer about my individual needs. Besides relying on referrals, how can I...

asked Dec 9 '10 at 00:29
Blank
B. Kennedy
66 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.4K Views
Is it bad to use a investor's accountant?

We need to find a new accountant. The investor we hope to get on board in the next fortnight is recommending his who is a great guy, but we think it might be a bad idea to use our investor's...

asked Sep 5 '13 at 20:36
Blank
Andy P
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.13K Views
Ballpark figure on one-time tax accountant fees

I've registered an LLC in the US as a foreigner. Registration was no problem, but I find the specific tax laws and regulations difficult, especially because it's hard to find clear information on...

asked Aug 17 '12 at 10:10
Blank
User
192 points

8 Votes
5 Answers
2.92K Views
Do I really need an accountant?

As a new startup, do I really need a part-time accountant or can software like QuickBooks do everything for me? Perhaps a bookkeeper to input data into the software is all I need?

asked May 24 '12 at 07:30
Blank
Anon E
41 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.11K Views
What are the typical duties of an accountant for a software startup?

Apart from bookkeeping, what are the typical duties of an accountant for a small software based startup?

asked May 26 '12 at 08:47
Blank
Lavinski
104 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.65K Views
Going with a CPA or Enrollment Agent

My business partner and I are currently looking for an accountant for our growing business. At the moment we have met with two different accountants. One was a CPA and one was an Enrollment Agent....

asked Sep 2 '11 at 00:25
Blank
Edgar Miranda
230 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.63K Views
Interviewing / hiring accountants for a startup

What are some good questions to ask when hiring an accountant for an early stage startup? The goal is to prepare the company for VC/Angel funding. As a first time entrepreneur I have no idea how...

asked Jul 12 '11 at 04:49
Blank
Jirad
105 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.12K Views
What is the process to writeoff startup costs?

From what I understand, I can write off up to $5000 of startup costs from the taxes I pay on my personal income... http://www.morebusiness.com/write-off-startup-costs Let's say I start a website...

asked Mar 18 '11 at 01:30
Blank
Sk24iam
344 points

10 Votes
4 Answers
3.69K Views
How much money do you spend on accountants (for a small startup)?

For small startups of 3 or less owners: How much money do you spend on accountants per year? What is a reasonable amount? do you recommend "doing it yourself"? does it matter the quality of the...

asked Sep 29 '10 at 06:14
Blank
Gush
53 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.13K Views
For a SaaS startup, do I need an accountant with ecommerce and online business experience?

When starting a business that runs online, takes recurring payments and doesn't ship physical products, how important is it to have an accountant that has experience with ecommerce and online...

asked Sep 29 '10 at 21:28
Blank
Nathan Ridley
108 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
3.63K Views
What questions should I ask when interviewing a potential accountant?

We formed our LLC a few months back. We're developing a software product and we're planning to launch a very small private beta test in about a month. I'll be doing our bookkeeping, but I need help...

asked May 27 '10 at 12:48
Blank
Zuly Gonzalez
9,194 points