Foreign Questions

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.19K Views
Charging U.S. sales taxes on product purchased online and sold from foreign location

We are building an online application that will allow users to create and purchase high-quality typographic logos and business cards. The application is taking a while to develop so we've decided...

asked Apr 9 '12 at 21:41
Blank
Miguel Buckenmeyer
482 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.69K Views
Software E-Commerce/E-Business Foreign Entity LLC and License and Tax requirements

I am wanting to startup a software, app, games business conducted through the internet. I am in Missouri, the state where I plan to do work from. I did research and found that Delaware or Nevada...

asked Apr 14 '12 at 21:33
Blank
Nightmare
11 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.05K Views
How and when is sales tax calculated when payment is made with a foreign currency?

When the buyer is paying cash, how and when is sales tax calculated when payment is made with a foreign currency? Guessing it's the same as if the transaction had been paid in currency the tax is...

asked Mar 30 '12 at 10:43
Blank
Blunders .
899 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.4K Views
Foreign Outside USA, Incorporated, now what? (taxes and income)

Can someone describe me how I should pay taxes being foreign, any basic guide? If I can't perceive any salary, how do I make money as a shareholder (not american)? More details: I'm in Mexico....

asked Mar 21 '12 at 00:25
Blank
Alejandro
48 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.63K Views
Taxes for a European SAAS startup selling in the US

I'm looking into selling a web application to US customers. Is it necessary to create a US subsidiary such as a Delaware LLC or not? How are taxes worked out? Income tax, sales tax? I know this is...

asked Mar 4 '12 at 10:35
Blank
Frenchie
4,166 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.53K Views
Forming an LLC-living in CA, related permits, tax treatment

My scenario: I currently reside in CA. However, I will be locating to the state of Washington by the end of 2012. I (no other employees) am starting a 100% online service-based company, which will...

asked Mar 7 '12 at 10:53
Blank
Karen
11 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
4.21K Views
Address to use? - Registering as a Foreign LLC in CA, formed in Delaware

I have a home business and clients will never need to come to my home in order for my business to operate. If I form my LLC in Delaware, I will have to register as a Foreign LLC for the state that...

asked Mar 8 '12 at 06:09
Blank
User16817
63 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.56K Views
Can a company founded by foreign citizen be awarded a DARPA grant?

Can I apply for a DARPA grant, being a foreign citizen who has founded a company in the US? The company would be located in the US and there would be other founders with US citizenship.

asked Feb 27 '12 at 09:48
Blank
Reachus
101 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.04K Views
Can I manage(make money off ) a start up in the USA from another country?

I'm currently outside of the USA. I worked there before for about a year. I have got a SSN. I know that there are sites where you can start a LLC, which i'm planning to do. They also offer...

asked Feb 13 '12 at 13:31
Blank
Jay
11 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.82K Views
What are the tax implications for a US company paying a foreign worker (Australia, Germany, Canada, etc)?

Since there's no way to issue a 1099 (and it would be worthless), what's the correct way to 'pay' a foreign contractor or employee without setting up a company in that country? From my research,...

asked Feb 3 '12 at 00:18
Blank
Michael Pryor
2,250 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.82K Views
commission on interest of cash deposits of foreign investors

I live in a country, Australia, where I can get upwards of 5% interest per annum on cash deposits held in a bank account. Having parents-in-law who live in a country, Japan, that offers about 0.02%...

asked Jan 27 '12 at 23:21
Blank
Angus
5 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.05K Views
Share offer of a US company for non-US resident

As a small team of 2 developers, we have done a good job on developing the work of a client, which is now becoming a startup and founding a LLC, they want to give us a 10% equity of the company. In...

asked Jan 2 '12 at 10:44
Blank
Hellnar
116 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.14K Views
Can I run a web-based Non-Profit Org while living abroad?

I want to register as a non-profit org., but I'm not sure how it'd work because I'm leaving in a couple months to work in Asia for a year or more. My website is for international photography if...

asked Dec 21 '11 at 17:25
Blank
Jacob
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.33K Views
Incorporate C corp in US for a purpose of distribution / reseller

My company in Hong Kong is selling handphone accessories. We also have an online store. Because we have increasing customers in US, we are thinking to incorporate a company in US. This is to...

asked Dec 16 '11 at 14:12
Blank
Paul12
18 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.23K Views
Legal considerations of someone from a tax haven country investing in a US company

Let's say a US citizen holds 51% of the shares of a company, and an Indian citizen living in the US invests in the company in exchange for 49% of the shares. Are there any legal implications to...

asked Jun 25 '11 at 07:01
Blank
Maume
1 point

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.72K Views
Planning to do a startup in USA from my country, were I can find employees?

Im planning to hire 3 employees in a soon to be corporation in USA, but I would be only a director because of my passive role as a non immigrant. How I can find qualified people, meet them in a...

asked May 23 '11 at 15:30
Blank
Alejandro
48 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.38K Views
LLC with contractors

I am not a US citizen and I want to create a company and work with many contractors outside US. It will be software development company. Company will be delaware based LLC, and office will be...

asked May 14 '11 at 05:24
Blank
Vitaliy
16 points

6 Votes
2 Answers
4.06K Views
Can I start a business in USA and work from my country?

Can I incorporate a business in USA and work from my country? Can I receive profit from my corp even when I'm not an employee, only director? I have a b1b2 visa. Is this enough to manage a business...

asked Feb 8 '11 at 20:30
Blank
Alejandro
48 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.96K Views
Property in state A. Can I make an LLC in state B own it with minimal hassle? (not doing any business, just holding the property)

I have property in state A I want a new LLC in State B to hold. The LLC wouldn't be doing any business or have income. If I want to get maintenance on the property (not lawsuits) would the...

asked Jan 9 '11 at 02:48
Blank
Dave
46 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.63K Views
Tips on getting partners in the USA

We are a small startup located in Sweden, but our product, soon to be released is of course just as interesting in america as in Sweden. We will be looking for partnering with consulting firms...

asked Dec 27 '10 at 04:48
Blank
Fredrik Tonn
40 points