Iphone Questions

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.14K Views
iphone app credit idea

I am looking to develop a mobile application that allows users to sell and purchase a digital asset using a micropayment credit system. We also may require using internal functionality of the...

asked Mar 22 '11 at 02:03
Blank
Mconnors
15 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
6.39K Views
How long would my previous employer have to sue me, claiming intellectual property rights on an iPhone app I wrote?

I was reading this thread - If I'm working at a company, do they have intellectual property rights to the stuff I do in my spare time? It has some great answers to a question I felt...

asked Feb 13 '11 at 05:48
Blank
User7507
26 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.59K Views
How to share income of selling iPhone apps with a friend/partner

I plan to develop an iPhone app with my friend. Each of us is specialized in different parts of the app. For example, I am responsible for interface design and server-side programming while my...

asked Jan 26 '11 at 14:04
Blank
Killua
68 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.99K Views
What if someone copies my web app idea and makes an iPhone app out of it?

So say I have a new "simple" web app idea and it somehow becomes very popular after days of its launch. I don't have the funding to make an iPhone app of the site and someone makes one before I...

asked Feb 5 '11 at 09:17
Blank
Matt
141 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
3.09K Views
Ideal iPhone App Developer Team

I'm planning to develop an iPhone application that will connect to facebook and our own company website. I know that I will need a developer for this. But what's the ideal team to get this kind of...

asked Jan 17 '11 at 16:48
Blank
Cluelessbear
96 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
2.89K Views

I've heard some horror stories about this. Is it really that hard to sign up for the iOS developer program and have the seller's name be your business name if you have a DBA? I've heard many say it...

asked Jan 24 '11 at 06:19
Blank
Matt S.
131 points

7 Votes
2 Answers
3.86K Views
EULA for iPhone App

Should I provide a EULA for an iPhone app? I understand that apps are covered by the default EULA that the App Store provides but, during some research today, three apps in a row asked me to agree...

asked Jan 2 '11 at 15:28
Blank
Kevin Lawrence
277 points

6 Votes
2 Answers
5.55K Views
Taxes for Android / iPhone developers?

I'm an Android developer, but this question is pretty much the same for an iPhone dev. I'm based in the USA, and I'm looking for any tips regarding taxes for app sales. Since apps sell in over...

asked Jan 7 '11 at 06:38
Blank
Hunterp
141 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.54K Views
Working on localizing my iPhone app's content, but how do I handle customer support?

Although my iPhone app is currently written in English, I see a lot of purchases from non-English speaking countries. These purchases would almost certainly go up if the app was available in other...

asked Dec 25 '10 at 08:31
Blank
Bill
198 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.86K Views
So I've got this great idea for the iPad... but what next?

Maybe someone has experience with this? I've been mulling this idea for an app that would really show off what's possible with a tablet like the iPad. It doesn't exist yet, and I want it to. I'm...

asked Dec 5 '10 at 08:17
Blank
Matt H.
130 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.78K Views
Getting funding for marketing an iPhone app

I have almost finished developing an iPhone app which I feel has a lot of potential. The problem is I have no money, and I am pretty clueless about marketing. So I feel if I tried to release it by...

asked Oct 28 '10 at 20:05
Blank
Mongus Pong
161 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
3.24K Views
App usage statistics

If I want to start a new website, the first thing I do is check out the competition to see both what they are doing and how much traffic they are generating. I would normally use a site like...

asked Sep 24 '10 at 11:04
Blank
Doug
118 points

11 Votes
6 Answers
14.8K Views
What is a typical salary for a mobile developer?

I am trying to gauge the general salary to pay a mobile developer. In this case, the developers' skills would include a year or more of Android and iOS experience, with proven apps in the market...

asked Oct 1 '10 at 02:17
Blank
Sheehan Alam
194 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.39K Views
need help determining idea's worth

My friend and I are currently developing an iPhone app, it's very challenging and we may have to outsource the development of some core features, which is going to cost a lot. the problem is that...

asked Sep 9 '10 at 03:21
Blank
Raed
101 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3K Views
Feasibility of this type of iPhone app

Let's say I create a mobile application that contains a "Top 100" list of local restaurants. Value-adds may include directions, integration with OpenTable, and links to the restaurant menu, among...

asked Apr 28 '10 at 02:49
Blank
Seenu
428 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.44K Views
Replace my uploaded iPhone app with a different one?

I released an iPhone running app two weeks ago. When I discovered a bug that only cropped up in the App Store version, I immediately pulled it from sale. Sold maybe 3 copies before I spotted the...

asked Apr 9 '10 at 21:00
Blank
Mike Schoeffler
100 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.77K Views
Book on MP3 / Videos / PDF's in iTunes?

Does anyone know how to get books on MP3 or videos listed for sale in iTunes? How about PDF's of books for the iPad or iPhone?

asked Mar 11 '10 at 14:20
Blank
Consult Utah
325 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
6.51K Views
How to use the trademarked term "iPhone" in a Google Ad?

Let's say I developed a program for iPhone (which I sort of did) and want to advertise it through AdWords. Currently, Google lets you use the term "iPhone" in the keyword list, but doesn't allow...

asked Feb 3 '10 at 19:43
Blank
Oleg Kokorin
459 points

3 Votes
7 Answers
3.47K Views
iPhone App Idea: Will it work?

I've been developing my first iPhone app for awhile. Mostly for learning purposes. I'm starting to have some other app ideas and am wondering if I should start developing those or go ahead and...

asked Jan 18 '10 at 07:30
Blank
User1926
148 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
3.95K Views
iPhone Development as individual or business?

I'm fixing to register as an iPhone developer and making the decision of registering as an individual or business. I will be the sole developer with maybe contracting someone to do some graphic...

asked Nov 19 '09 at 03:24
Blank
Joey Green
173 points