DBA Questions

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.51K Views
questions about DBA and other forms required to start business

I'm starting a small business (just me, no employees) doing graphics that can be purchased digitally and/or the originals mailed, as well as live graphic recording and graphic facilitation, and...

asked Oct 13 '12 at 13:18
Blank
Justwanttogetstarted
16 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.18K Views
Obtaining new EIN after changing status of DBA

I was doing business under a DBA, then I became incorporated. When I incorporated, I applied for a new EIN - and got one. I have since closed that corporation and now again doing business as a...

asked Mar 9 '12 at 07:09
Blank
Ame
11 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.26K Views
Do I need BOTH a Tax ID and a DBA to start a small business? I am planning to do personal training part time in my home or int the home of my clients

Do I need bothh a tax ID and a DBA to start a small business? I plan to do personal training part time at my home or the home of my clients.

DBA
asked Sep 5 '13 at 05:29
Blank
User27731
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.73K Views
should I register the single member LLC with SOS?

I am starting a small business based in California and I will be working off of home until I can make money to rent an office. I have been advised to register as a single member LLC, but as I read...

asked Aug 14 '13 at 04:52
Blank
Pegz
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.12K Views
Setting up daughter companies?

I have a federally incorporated company, lets call it Company INC, and a bank account for it. The company activity is listed as a technology company, but I want to branch out and do some more...

asked Apr 6 '13 at 07:08
Blank
Stan Trying A Startup
108 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.51K Views
DBA, LLC, or what? For a virtual asset marketplace

My friend and I are currently developing a marketplace for virtual assets. However we are not quite sure how we should set the company up. Do we need only a DBA, or should we go with the LLC route...

asked Mar 26 '13 at 05:47
Blank
Sharkman
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.03K Views
software / digital signage start-up early stages

In the early stages of a start-up, my key market is digital signage, a hardware development kit I use requires signing an NDA to receive the SDK, as stated in the early stages of the start-up. Do...

asked Mar 21 '13 at 05:58
Blank
William
1 point

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.67K Views
Can I register a DBA in a state that I don't live in?

I currently live outside of the US and I want my small (one person) software company to be in US jurisdiction. I'm not making enough money yet to justify forming an LLC, so I thought about filing...

asked Jun 3 '12 at 20:38
Blank
Mike T
174 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
10.9K Views
Signing agreements and contracts, what name to use? (California)

I am a videographer in San Diego, CA and I'm fairly new to working freelance. I've recently aquired a Fictitious Business Name (or DBA) under my first and middle name (my stage name when I was...

asked Jun 12 '12 at 06:41
Blank
Melissa
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.95K Views
Using DBAs For LLC

I am in the process of forming a LLC so that I may sell a product with the protection that an LLC affords. I am the sole member of said LLC. I now have two more completely unrelated (to the LLC,...

asked Apr 20 '12 at 17:45
Blank
Jason
124 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.41K Views
my business is in my legal name i.e. "John Smith" do I still need a DBA to form an LLC?

Being an independent artist, if my business is in my legal name i.e. "John Smith" do I still need a DBA to get an LLC ? The bank was asking for a DBA.

asked Apr 11 '12 at 00:33
Blank
D Magone
11 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
5.7K Views
I have a NJ LLC, I want to add a DBA. Do I need a new EIN?

Since we already have a Legal LLC in the state of New Jersey, if I wanted to create a DBA would I need to get a new EIN number from the IRS or state-issued tax ID? Can I operate the DBA as its own...

asked Mar 6 '12 at 05:37
Blank
Steve
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.87K Views
Secondary line of business

I have a company with a primary line of business of Software Development consulting. Now my wife wants to do some other work that would be completely unrelated. The question is can I simply add a...

asked Mar 8 '12 at 14:40
Blank
Karlson
1,779 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.14K Views
"Doing business as" registration – is it needed for an online only business?

Selling ad space on a website has no physical place of business except for the office, which might be the owner's home. Also, if registering a DBA would be needed, it would have to be all over the...

asked Feb 7 '12 at 02:46
Blank
Startup1
90 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.89K Views
DBA for an LLC Name?

Do I need to get a DBA for a LLC because of the short name? For example if the name of the company is MyBook, LLC, do I need to register for as a DBA if I just put "MyBook" as the name of the...

asked Jan 4 '12 at 17:16
Blank
Monty
6 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
7.34K Views
Can anyone help me make sense of the TIN and DBA?

About two years ago, I began building a side business doing IT consulting, which never actually took off because I got so busy with my day job. In the process of building the side business, I...

asked Jan 21 '11 at 04:55
Blank
Beachrunnerjoe
319 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
2.89K Views

I've heard some horror stories about this. Is it really that hard to sign up for the iOS developer program and have the seller's name be your business name if you have a DBA? I've heard many say it...

asked Jan 24 '11 at 06:19
Blank
Matt S.
131 points