Selling Business Questions

3 Votes
5 Answers
6.43K Views
My S corp is about to be purchased. Should I sell the assets or the stock?

I have an interested buyer willing to pay cash for my business. They want to own the IP of the business (which is all the business actually owns). The business is an S corp and I have owned the...

asked Feb 5 '11 at 08:00
Blank
Michael Pryor
2,250 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
3.07K Views
Tax implications for buying out my LLP partner?

I am buying out my co-founder of our 3 year old company that we started as a hobby/second job. We are profitable (although you definitely couldn't live off the profits alone!). Anyway, we've...

asked Oct 13 '10 at 02:38
Blank
Pete
116 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.39K Views
Automated shipping from warehouse or stock my own inventory for eCommerce site?

I'm about to start up an eCommerce site for health products. However, I'm unsure of how to structure the company, in particular reference to shipping of product. Should I buy my own product, stock...

asked Aug 4 '10 at 01:46
Blank
Dr. Khan
27 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.13K Views
How to reconcile the unethicalness in business activities with my deep-rooted moral?

I want to be rich. But when it comes to do business, I find many people are cheating in business. If you don't cheat, you can't make a lot of money. I feel so sad. On the one hand, I don't want to...

asked Jul 6 '10 at 20:09
Blank
Jack
116 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.11K Views
What is the contribution of a trade company? Isn't it better for a buyer to buy products from the manufacturer?

I think a trade company is unnecessary. It only lengths the chain. Many trade companies pretends to be a manufacturer, but actually they are not. What positive a trade company make? Why do we need...

asked Jul 6 '10 at 21:22
Blank
Jack
116 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.46K Views
How to find business opportunities?

How to find business opportunities? How to find demand or potential demand? How to find good suppliers? How to find the customers? Can anyone share some tips? Or is there a great book in this aspect?

asked Jul 11 '10 at 19:43
Blank
Jack
116 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.65K Views
How to deal with booth owners in a wholesale market? How to haggle with them?

Today I visited a local wholesale market. I want to be a trader so I visit the market. There are so many items that my eyes and my mind are dazzled. I don't know what products I can choose to...

asked Jul 12 '10 at 20:09
Blank
Jack
116 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
3.72K Views
Selling a high quality domain name

What is the best way to sell a high quality (dictionary word) domain name?

asked Apr 15 '10 at 23:31
Blank
Joel Spolsky
13,482 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.01K Views
Time and money for early-stage merger (or acqusition) of companies?

How much time and money does an early stage merger take? I have an unfunded startup. I am talking to a company that has completed their Round A. It seems like they might want to acquire / merge...

asked Mar 6 '10 at 10:59
Blank
John
96 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.98K Views
I'm trying to sell my startup, how's my sales pitch?

I have recently put the technology and website behind my startup for sale on Flippa: http://flippa.com/auctions/86405/ (auction) http://redbirdapps.com (actual site) The auction page has the...

asked Mar 15 '10 at 23:17
Blank
Ben Edwards
601 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.28K Views
How does one go about handing off/selling software business to another party?

I think Bob Walsh mentioned something similar in one of his blogs or podcasts and there are a few other examples around that I have heard about, but I have not heard many of the details. (One is a...

asked Dec 6 '09 at 15:57
Blank
Tim J
8,346 points