Web 2.0 Questions

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.21K Views
The type of copy which affiliate sites use on their sites. Are they using a proven standard?

I have visited several affiliate sites which sell a service or product which promise and promote something. I will pick the category of selling eBooks or electronic content. A lot of these sites...

asked Oct 12 '11 at 03:41
Blank
Tony Henrich
283 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.49K Views
Trello: Launching as a platform or as a specialized product

Why did the Trello team decide to lunch as a general platform for many different use cases and not as a specialized product for a specific vertical? https://trello.com/

asked Sep 15 '11 at 02:09
Blank
Tomer London
16 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.65K Views
Do Angel Investors get paid before a successful exit?

We have a new startup and are trying to meet with some potential angel investors. We were asked if we have a ROI schedule. I thought that investors get paid only when the company has a successful...

asked Jul 22 '11 at 10:14
Blank
Brandon Mitchell
21 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.19K Views
How to market "techie" solution to big companies?

I developed a neat but admittedly techy application/engine that could be used in conjunction with other services to enhance user satisfaction. I wrapped it up into a nice Web 2.0 app but as of now,...

asked May 25 '11 at 08:18
Blank
David Titarenco
405 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.01K Views
promoting web 2.0 sites

suppose a web 2.0 startup has completed its product and is trying to launch it...what are some of the most effective ways to promote the product that is specific to a web 2.0 model (ie. users come...

asked Mar 31 '11 at 05:45
Blank
Kamikaze Pilot
253 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.97K Views
Landing/splash page or content page

I have a crowd-sourced content site. I tend to have a landing/splash page like those Web 2.0 sites, introducing what the site is all about, with screenshots, marketing words, etc. Of course,...

asked Mar 10 '11 at 12:57
Blank
Victor
593 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.17K Views
Looking for low cost web design work

I am currently prototyping my web application. I need a web designer or in lieu of that, a good resource where modern web application templates (web 2.0 in style) can be purchased. The template...

asked Feb 17 '11 at 05:01
Blank
Ron M.
4,224 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.1K Views
Would you trust time sheet reporting and approval done in the "Cloud"?

It's our belief that the world is ready to trust reporting functions to a cloud-based network (I'm not talking about simply hosted apps, but something that functions more like a LinkedIn letting...

asked Oct 26 '10 at 07:25
Blank
Joe Piekarz
16 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.28K Views
Launch during summer or wait till autumn?

We are planning to launch productivity web app :) Summer is defiantly slow time on web and I was thinking, is it better not to launch in summer and wait till autumn?

asked May 12 '10 at 16:53
Blank
Daniil Harik
13 points

0 Votes
6 Answers
2.1K Views
How to get an idea for starting up a web2.0 application business

how to get an idea? idea?

asked Apr 14 '10 at 15:02
Blank
Robinshe
116 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.44K Views
Platform / Language question for Photo site with mobile support

This is a newbie question :-) Wasn't sure if StackOverflow or one of its sister sites would be a better place to ask, but thought I'd go ahead anyway here first. A friend and I are toying around...

asked Mar 17 '10 at 02:52
Blank
Seenu
428 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
11.7K Views
What is consumer internet?

Can anyone give me a one or two sentence definition of the term "Consumer Internet"? I feel like it is a phrase that is getting thrown around an awful lot, yet it seems extremely ambiguous. In...

asked Feb 6 '10 at 04:10
Blank
Eric Amzalag
818 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
4.93K Views
Starting Up a Web Application Business

I have been working in my head (and on paper) on an Idea for a Web Application for a while. I am a software engineer and have required skill set for designing and managing the application however...

asked Feb 13 '10 at 00:39
Blank
Ziggy S
11 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
2.83K Views
How to ensure success before launching?

Dharmesh Shah made mention about talking people to people who are interested in your domain about your product before releasing your idea. he talks about it in this video over at mixergy. Excellent...

asked Dec 13 '09 at 06:55
Blank
Espinet
221 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.7K Views
Heard of Any Good Social Media Business Growth Stories?

I'm curious if anyone has any examples to share of local businesses that have grown using social media alone. Good examples: Real Estate Agent facebook...

asked Nov 4 '09 at 12:34
Blank
Adam
446 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
8.26K Views
Online web 2.0 buttons generator

What is a good online Web 2.0 button generator that you have used? I've seen many sites has really funky button, but because I don't have any art skill I thought I can use a generator to do that. I...

asked Oct 24 '09 at 23:40
Blank
Jpartogi
1,342 points

20 Votes
28 Answers
21.6K Views
How to pick a platform for a startup web 2.0 app?

I am looking for recommendatins from the successfull entreprenurs on this forum to advise me on the best software technology platform to develop my web2 webapp on. The web2 app will potentially be...

asked Oct 12 '09 at 11:26
Blank
Aryanved
59 points