Product Launch Questions

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.91K Views
Concerns About Safety of Competitor's Product, Say Something or Not?

I've been working up to a full launch and found a competitor emerging. I'm making the liquid used in electronic cigarettes, which contains nicotine along with flavoring and components thought to be...

asked Aug 26 '11 at 05:54
Blank
Praxeologist
43 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.22K Views
What QA & security steps to take before launching web app?

I've seen plenty of questions dealing with beta testing, marketing, market research and so on. My question is which practical quality assurance and security steps should a web app or service make...

asked Jun 19 '11 at 22:53
Blank
Joe
121 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.29K Views
How should one prepare for a screening interview with startup conference officials?

If an individual is contacted by startup conference (eg TechCrunch Disrupt/DEMO/Launch) officials considering about their application to launch at the event, how should the person prepare for the...

asked Jun 8 '11 at 03:05
Blank
Geekette
6 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.42K Views
Which software trial strategy is best?

Days based (7/14/30 days trial) or usage based (15/30 logins/transactions etc. trial). Has somebody compiled any empirical data to see which strategy is better? Appreciate your thoughts on this.

asked Jun 1 '11 at 16:16
Blank
Ali
179 points

7 Votes
1 Answers
1.87K Views
What are the key factors of a product launch strategy for an e-book?

I'm about to finish writing an e-book that will introduce children to programming. I'm at the point where I'm thinking through the elements of launching a site and marketing the ebook. As I've...

asked Apr 17 '11 at 12:01
Blank
Javid Jamae
347 points

6 Votes
2 Answers
1.88K Views
How to offer BETA Codes?

I have launched a web app a couple of days ago in closed BETA and I have been trying quite hard to contact relevant bloggers (about 12 of them now) to post/tweet about my startup and to offer BETA...

asked Feb 26 '11 at 01:31
Blank
Carl
33 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.25K Views
Marketing documents helpful for a sales team

A little background. We are a small company developing our own product in the market. And we are quickly approaching the release deadline. We have a few weeks to finish up some testing and work...

asked Jan 13 '11 at 21:53
Blank
Whoami
108 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.83K Views
For Branding, should I create my logo first, or do the logo as part of the website design?

I am about to start the branding process of one of our products. There is an interest among the stakeholders for this product to have a separate identity, and they will pay for it. My question, is,...

asked Jan 25 '11 at 11:44
Blank
Geo
268 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.06K Views
What do you do when in "launch mode", above and beyond the norm?

We all have the normal day-to-day tasks and meetings and communications across functional areas. But what do you do specifically above and beyond that as you near a new product launch? It could be...

asked Dec 14 '10 at 13:34
Blank
Chris
4,214 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.11K Views
What should I be responsible for as the first developer in a large scale web project?

I am the first developer in a large scale web project, in the real estate sector. I am not an expert in any field, I know the basic of all, programming, databases, something about design and a...

asked Nov 10 '10 at 23:12
Blank
Alexandru Trandafir Catalin
157 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.38K Views
Best time to launch my software?

Our team has been developing a product which we initially wanted to release in early November. Although we are nearing the final stages, private beta testing is continuing to reveal new and...

asked Sep 3 '10 at 12:58
Blank
Tanvir Chowdhury
165 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
3.25K Views
How can you (best) monetize a beta?

Suppose that your product is going into beta, with potential for 1,000s of beta testers. But being a small company, you would like to try to get a little money now to ease development costs for...

asked Sep 16 '10 at 06:31
Blank
Nbeecroft
515 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
1.84K Views
How to Secure A CD Product

I have an idea to launch tutorials on CDs but is it possible to bypass someone being able to just burn the disc? I was thinking: Incorporate something that uses an online account so they must log...

asked Jul 21 '10 at 23:40
Blank
Dr. Khan
27 points

11 Votes
6 Answers
2.79K Views
How complete do you make your product before launching it?

I am familiar with the concept of agile development and the ideology of releasing the product and then based on the market feedback perfecting it. I was wondering at what point do you stop the...

asked Jun 22 '10 at 23:37
Blank
Arman Arami
399 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.56K Views
Should I Market My Company or My Software?

Im working on a startup software company and hoping to launch our first software in 3-4 months. I should have answered these questions months ago and begun marketing then but I've left it until...

asked Jul 6 '10 at 00:41
Blank
Tanvir Chowdhury
165 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.61K Views
Am I Infringing on their trademark?

I have a software program launching in approx three months. Yesterday I found out that the desired name of my software is very similar to another company's software product. Although the products...

asked Jul 11 '10 at 08:20
Blank
Tanvir Chowdhury
165 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.47K Views
Benefits of private vs public beta?

Here's the scenario: There is a product with a high learning curve while it's still in beta, but this will be alleviated in the release version. The product is at a point where it is no longer...

asked Apr 21 '10 at 20:21
Blank
Nbeecroft
515 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
2.68K Views
Do the same Inbound Marketing rules apply for a systems company?

My present company is a systems company that has to sell both hardware and software to business end customers. We are close to launching our product and I was wondering if the same Inbound...

asked Feb 15 '10 at 05:01
Blank
Jarie Bolander
11,421 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.83K Views
Which web design Agency to help design a product website / launch?

We got a product and during the launch we need a good, well designed website with product features etc. Now we wrote all the features and prepared some scenarios for product showcase, videos,...

asked Jan 21 '10 at 03:44
Blank
The Dictator
2,305 points