Marketing Questions

Marketing is the process of communicating the value of a product or service to customers, for the purpose of influencing buyer behavior and/or precipitate behavioral change.

3 Votes
2 Answers
1.17K Views
Will social media take over traditional means of marketing?

With the increasing number of social media websites, and businesses all over the world using social media for promoting and branding their products, will this over take the traditional way of...

asked Jul 30 '11 at 20:43
Blank
Dart Consulting
16 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.89K Views
How to market a new blog from day 1?

What steps and marketing strategies would you recommend for a brand new blog without any existing traffic or audience?I'm looking to start a blog on entrepreneurship and not sure where to start in...

asked May 1 '14 at 22:12
Blank
Cynthia Smith
1 point

1 Votes
3 Answers
1.53K Views
bootstrapped startup needs to be creative about "enaging" with out of house expertise

Fanciful title really translates in simple English as this: We are (read I am ) a bootstrapped, cash strapped startup and I need to employ the services of outsite experts but want to a). minimise...

asked Jul 19 '11 at 21:09
Blank
Voidstar
55 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
1.15K Views
How a company that uses a website like groupon calculates the minimum items they need to sell?

I have the intention of giving a try at one of those group buy like businesses that you can get prepared for you and start selling in your neighborhood or village. I understand, how the hold idea...

asked May 13 '11 at 19:44
Blank
Sfrj
205 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
What's the most important thing you learnt in social media marketing?

I'm just getting started with social media marketing and wondering what were the most important things you learnt?

asked May 28 '14 at 14:14
Blank
Karen Blanton
7 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.16K Views
Should you give your product away for free to first adopters?

During the first few weeks of launching, should you give your product away for free to get people to use it and possibly spread the word about it?Is that a good marketing tactic? It's a strategy...

asked May 20 '14 at 13:21
Blank
Cynthia Wilson
12 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.11K Views
MVP SaaS application: should I send out an email campaign to prospective users half way through development?

I have a SaaS application I have made a 6 months ago. A month ago, I decided to shut it off and upgrade it. I have shut the SaaS down so that I may do another launch as the first version was very...

asked May 21 '14 at 16:50
Blank
Jo K
11 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
1.32K Views
Ways to reduce customer acquisition costs?

What are some strategies and tips to reduce customer acquisition costs? Lets assume you have found that SEO, PPC, display ads, and lead generation are the four channels that work best for you. How...

asked May 13 '14 at 14:41
Blank
Heather Thomas
19 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
Can a pitch deck be used for things other than raising money?

We have spent a lot of time creating variations of pitch decks for our business and closed a small angel round. Could we continue to use the decks for other purposes now that funding is over?What...

asked May 13 '14 at 14:13
Blank
Leann Dement
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
Is any press good press for a startup?

If a startup were to get some questionable press in the media, would it still be considered a good marketing strategy? Granted that negative press might tarnish a large company's brand. But...

asked May 14 '14 at 12:43
Blank
Thomas Becker
7 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.71K Views
Does cold calling work for B2B SaaS applications?

Is cold calling a viable marketing channel for a B2B Saas product? We are trying every possible channel to see what sticks in order to get more paid customers.Cold calling has a higher investment...

asked May 9 '14 at 01:10
Blank
Mike Lambert
1 point

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.09K Views
Is YellowPages still worth it for local businesses?

Is placing an ad in Yellow Pages still a worthwhile investment for local businesses? Or is it completely worthless and people solely rely on Google to find stores?

asked Apr 28 '14 at 11:12
Blank
James Andrade
9 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
Fastest way to build an email list for your niche?

What is the fastest way to build a large email list of potential customers that you can pitch your product to?PS. I don't mean mass emailing people, but contacting them one by one manually and...

asked Apr 19 '14 at 14:56
Blank
Russel Corley
12 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.1K Views
Best way to use a $200 marketing budget?

I have a very limited budget for marketing. How would you suggest using it to drive the most traffic to a social media app? The traffic would have to be targeted as well.It's a Saas social media...

asked Apr 12 '14 at 02:10
Blank
Wilber Villacorta
7 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.04K Views
Best way to promote a new restaurant online?

I'm working on starting a restaurant and now sure where to begin to generate exposure online when it opens.Yelp works once you already have a few reviews.What are some other ways to get the word...

asked Apr 6 '14 at 12:11
Blank
Charolette Aldridge
9 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
1.19K Views
How should we advertise towards the Chinese demographic for our new startup?

So my new startup is ready and I want to market it to people living in china.I live in India.How should I put best efforts to advertise to Chinese People living in China.

asked Jun 1 '12 at 13:50
Blank
Himanshu Prasad
51 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
How to tackle an overwhelming task that you can't wrap your head around?

What are some ways to execute on a massive, overwhelming task (like marketing, for example) when you are a solo founder with no employees and no resources?

asked Mar 28 '14 at 18:41
Blank
Michael Milne
4 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.6K Views
In Google's post-penguin update, which is most important for startups to focus on: SEO, content marketing, branding or social media?

Which one of these should startups focus on for the most impact: SEO Content marketing Branding Social media marketing The biggest downside of focusing on SEO first is that almost every month...

asked Mar 29 '14 at 18:57
Blank
Angelina Hall
2 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
How do you measure effectiveness of content like white papers, e-books and case studies?

They take a lot of time and effort to create, but how do you know if customers actually look at them? And which parts?

asked Mar 28 '14 at 06:03
Blank
Michael Feng
51 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.02K Views
Which lesser-used social media channels could trend this year for marketing?

In your opinion, which social media channel (except FB, Twitter, LinkedIn) could likely trend this year? For both B2B and B2C marketing.

asked Mar 24 '14 at 14:13
Blank
Lawrence Farwell
47 points