Marketing Questions

Marketing is the process of communicating the value of a product or service to customers, for the purpose of influencing buyer behavior and/or precipitate behavioral change.

6 Votes
5 Answers
3.62K Views
Is telemarketing an effective sales technique for SaaS?

Has anyone here had success driving sales for their SaaS startup using telemarketing, or is it usually just a waste of money and a way to annoy potential customers?

asked Feb 10 '11 at 11:55
Blank
Jon Kragh
185 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
3.12K Views
First time in a startup meeting. What should I take care before it?

I am going to a startup seminar/meeting this week where there will be entrepreneurs, investors and business people . I am getting ready for my startup 's online/offline presence, hopefully that...

asked Oct 31 '11 at 12:03
Blank
Nikolai
125 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.19K Views
Why do some companies charge high upfront then mass give free promotion codes?

Godaddy usually sell their products (domain and hosting services) at high prices then give an option to enter a promotion code. There's nothing unusual about that, except that these promotion codes...

asked Aug 14 '13 at 00:37
Blank
Pacerier
317 points

3 Votes
6 Answers
3.58K Views
Where can I get logod schwag (tshirts, footballs, office balls, even foozies) printed?

I want to get a bunch of logod schwag printed as part of our promotional plans. Some of the things I want are: Tshirts Full size footballs smaller nurf/soft footballs other balls that can be...

asked Dec 18 '09 at 07:33
Blank
Jer Levine
173 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
4.3K Views
How to do effective marketing of a software design and development company to win more clients/projects?

We are a small software design and development company with expertise in the areas on facebook apps, iphone, android apps development. Most of our clients/projects have come from sites like Elance,...

asked Dec 8 '11 at 19:44
Blank
Ali
179 points

7 Votes
6 Answers
15.2K Views
Best way to use $5,000 budget to grow my startup?

With the $5K that I have to work with, what is the best way I can utilize it to grow my SaaS app? The items should be measurable (so... magazine ads it out :) My app is an email marketing...

asked Feb 10 '14 at 16:04
Blank
Leigh Geyer
38 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.71K Views
Will social media take over traditional means of marketing?

With the increasing number of social media websites, and businesses all over the world using social media for promoting and branding their products, will this over take the traditional way of...

asked Jul 30 '11 at 20:43
Blank
Dart Consulting
16 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.18K Views
How to market a new blog from day 1?

What steps and marketing strategies would you recommend for a brand new blog without any existing traffic or audience?I'm looking to start a blog on entrepreneurship and not sure where to start in...

asked May 1 '14 at 22:12
Blank
Cynthia Smith
1 point

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.61K Views
bootstrapped startup needs to be creative about "enaging" with out of house expertise

Fanciful title really translates in simple English as this: We are (read I am ) a bootstrapped, cash strapped startup and I need to employ the services of outsite experts but want to a). minimise...

asked Jul 19 '11 at 21:09
Blank
Voidstar
55 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
2.91K Views
How a company that uses a website like groupon calculates the minimum items they need to sell?

I have the intention of giving a try at one of those group buy like businesses that you can get prepared for you and start selling in your neighborhood or village. I understand, how the hold idea...

asked May 13 '11 at 19:44
Blank
Sfrj
205 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.28K Views
What's the most important thing you learnt in social media marketing?

I'm just getting started with social media marketing and wondering what were the most important things you learnt?

asked May 28 '14 at 14:14
Blank
Karen Blanton
7 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.89K Views
Should you give your product away for free to first adopters?

During the first few weeks of launching, should you give your product away for free to get people to use it and possibly spread the word about it?Is that a good marketing tactic? It's a strategy...

asked May 20 '14 at 13:21
Blank
Cynthia Wilson
12 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.82K Views
MVP SaaS application: should I send out an email campaign to prospective users half way through development?

I have a SaaS application I have made a 6 months ago. A month ago, I decided to shut it off and upgrade it. I have shut the SaaS down so that I may do another launch as the first version was very...

asked May 21 '14 at 16:50
Blank
Jo K
11 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.12K Views
Ways to reduce customer acquisition costs?

What are some strategies and tips to reduce customer acquisition costs? Lets assume you have found that SEO, PPC, display ads, and lead generation are the four channels that work best for you. How...

asked May 13 '14 at 14:41
Blank
Heather Thomas
19 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.35K Views
Can a pitch deck be used for things other than raising money?

We have spent a lot of time creating variations of pitch decks for our business and closed a small angel round. Could we continue to use the decks for other purposes now that funding is over?What...

asked May 13 '14 at 14:13
Blank
Leann Dement
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.38K Views
Is any press good press for a startup?

If a startup were to get some questionable press in the media, would it still be considered a good marketing strategy? Granted that negative press might tarnish a large company's brand. But...

asked May 14 '14 at 12:43
Blank
Thomas Becker
7 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.68K Views
Does cold calling work for B2B SaaS applications?

Is cold calling a viable marketing channel for a B2B Saas product? We are trying every possible channel to see what sticks in order to get more paid customers.Cold calling has a higher investment...

asked May 9 '14 at 01:10
Blank
Mike Lambert
1 point

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.58K Views
Is YellowPages still worth it for local businesses?

Is placing an ad in Yellow Pages still a worthwhile investment for local businesses? Or is it completely worthless and people solely rely on Google to find stores?

asked Apr 28 '14 at 11:12
Blank
James Andrade
9 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.47K Views
Fastest way to build an email list for your niche?

What is the fastest way to build a large email list of potential customers that you can pitch your product to?PS. I don't mean mass emailing people, but contacting them one by one manually and...

asked Apr 19 '14 at 14:56
Blank
Russel Corley
12 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.04K Views
Best way to use a $200 marketing budget?

I have a very limited budget for marketing. How would you suggest using it to drive the most traffic to a social media app? The traffic would have to be targeted as well.It's a Saas social media...

asked Apr 12 '14 at 02:10
Blank
Wilber Villacorta
7 points