Marketing Questions

Marketing is the process of communicating the value of a product or service to customers, for the purpose of influencing buyer behavior and/or precipitate behavioral change.

9 Votes
4 Answers
5.47K Views
How do you solve the "chicken and egg" problem?

There are two variants of the chicken-and-egg problem: When there are two distinct classes of participants in your business, e.g. buyers and sellers, but it is hard to attract one class without...

asked Mar 18 '10 at 14:51
Blank
Joseph Turian
895 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.84K Views
Optimizing Facebook ad targeting: what are your strategies?

We have a limited budget to begin advertising on Facebook and from all the stuff I've read it looks like the key is filtering down the target audience to find profitable segments. What are some...

asked Feb 4 '14 at 16:39
Blank
Clara
11 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.63K Views
Where do you go for naming resources help?

We are working on a site which will basically be an event directory/ aggregator for tech and business events, conferences, workshops, etc. Focused on tech events. We don't have the money to...

asked May 16 '10 at 12:08
Blank
Jessica
11 points

22 Votes
5 Answers
4.86K Views
What's the best way to find/evaluate a Marketing co-founder?

As a follow-on to my last question What is the ideal mix of founders for a SaaS startup? it seems that a Marketeer is important to a SaaS startup. I think it's fairly easy to find and evaluate...

asked Jan 5 '10 at 23:46
Blank
Denis Hennessy
1,363 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.22K Views
Does price of a product determine the desirability of said product?

I recently started my own business, an electronic cigarette company. Right out of the gates I offered extremely competitive pricing, sometimes 50% cheaper than direct competition. For example: one...

asked Dec 11 '13 at 08:08
Blank
Riista
106 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.32K Views
When does it make sense to release a sequel app versus a new app?

I, as an indie dev, own a set of Face Switch entertainment apps (free, paid and iPad) on the app store and one free Face Switch app on Google Play. I'm about to relese a new app on the app store...

asked Nov 28 '13 at 20:20
Blank
Radek
11 points

-2 Votes
1 Answers
1.29K Views
Getting Client for Bioinformatics/Genomics Consulting Company

I am a scientist working in a research institute. I opened a consulting company and made its website more than a year ago. I listed my company in several websites. However I never got any inquiry...

asked Dec 1 '13 at 04:07
Blank
Pappu
1 point

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.93K Views
How to make people to speak about their handicap? Especially ADD/ADHD

We've built a homepage to help people suffering from ADD/ADHD by learning poems. The homepage is built for mostly the k8-k12 sector. (nice drawings, text for children, etc.)But our stats are not as...

asked Dec 3 '13 at 11:12
Blank
Picibucor
69 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.5K Views
Venues in which to promote a product as a teenager

I'm fifteen, and I just created a product. I've got the code done, but I have no experience with the actually marketing a product. So, how can I, as a teenager with no money, promote my project....

asked Dec 4 '13 at 13:32
Blank
Dylan Katz
10 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.39K Views
Best software product to sell?

This is for my university research task. What do you think will be the most successful software product (not service) in the Indian software industry? And how will that product be customised to...

asked Nov 19 '13 at 19:00
Blank
Magakriv
4 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.98K Views
Why the QR Code-Enabled Virtual store concept is not widely adopted in the US?

I am currently working on a startup (QRlot ) which is a platform for launching QR code-enabled Virtual stores. I am doing a research on why this new marketing channel and mobile commerce...

asked Nov 28 '13 at 03:58
Blank
Erkan Y.
2 points

6 Votes
2 Answers
2.4K Views
Will presenting the logos of enterprise clients scare away potential small business clients?

We produce mobile applications for businesses of all sizes. In the past, the majority of our clients have been big names: Guinness, Universal Pictures, Ernst & Young, etc. As we reformat our...

asked Oct 31 '13 at 21:40
Blank
Davey Boy
55 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
4.87K Views
What stops another company from copying your idea?

I got asked this question at a local venture conference recently when pitching our product. I've heard this question a handful of times and I really would like to get some honest feedback on the...

asked Oct 1 '13 at 12:19
Blank
George Mc Dowd
109 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.45K Views
Ad Sense vs. YouTube

My understanding is that you can get paid per thousand views of YouTube videos. My understanding is that you get something slightly different with ad sense, where you get a cut of number of click...

asked Oct 14 '13 at 00:44
Blank
James Oravec
115 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.54K Views
What are the tools to find out if I have a good start plan?

I have a starting plan, a good idea, some financing and all... The question mostly relates on the fact that the guys (who finance the product I am looking for to make) are asking who would buy this...

asked Sep 10 '13 at 06:13
Blank
Salketer
108 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
3.05K Views
A Catch-22. Need viewers to give some value to developers. Need developers to generate some value for viewers

I have created an App Discovery service that helps iOS Games get discovered by ranking apps based on their engagement & quality rather than quality. Developers have to create an account and...

asked Sep 10 '13 at 11:10
Blank
User1151659
8 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.37K Views
Is a website with decent seo good enough to get your first few thousand visitors?

I have a site that has resources and tools. It has decent SEO data with titles, keywords, and good niche specific text in the page content. We've registered with search engines. Does the web work...

asked Sep 13 '13 at 04:07
Blank
Efficient Leader
37 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.2K Views
How do you effectively market developer products (Licensing tool for .NET)?

I have a .net licensing tool that I have created that is currently being used by many developers and I am at a point to start advertising it for a larger audience. How do you effectively market a...

asked Sep 17 '13 at 11:41
Blank
Smt
6 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.33K Views
How do you measure your B2B startup marketing ROI?

How do you measure your B2B startup marketing ROI? What's the main difference between SMM ROI for a startup and a corporation? The goal should be the same, find prospects, nurture relationships,...

asked Sep 25 '13 at 18:40
Blank
Rutada
1 point

3 Votes
5 Answers
3.01K Views
How to motivate members to start using websites?

last year, i had like 8000 members, 2000 twitter followers, 2000 on facebook page, still can't motivate the members to be active on the site. it's a competition type of sites, you pay 2$ you enter...

asked Sep 29 '13 at 09:05
Blank
Fischer
116 points