Marketing Questions

Marketing is the process of communicating the value of a product or service to customers, for the purpose of influencing buyer behavior and/or precipitate behavioral change.

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.12K Views
Method for initial marketing

We have a startup, which does accounting for tiny companies. We have successfully tested the service with success for a few customers. These are happy with the service and keep renewing. Now I am...

asked Aug 26 '13 at 16:16
Blank
David
1,567 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.46K Views
Market an app for a revenue share

I've built and published an iPhone app that I believe has a market potential. It needs exposure though. I'm an engineer and don't understand marketing very well. I'm thinking about partnering with...

asked Aug 27 '13 at 07:31
Blank
Black Rider
297 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.24K Views
Where Can I Find Clients to Offer Virtual Assistants and Project Management Services to?

Hello I own a business service support firm which overs accounting, administrative support, and project management services. Currently, we begin offering software training and solutions to...

asked Aug 21 '13 at 04:00
Blank
Te Leigha Peavy
1 point

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.75K Views
Getting help in programming while holding the reins tightly

I am starting an Internet business. Basically the most important part, the part that is making me actual money is still missing. I tried to deal with those issues several times but I always get...

asked Aug 24 '13 at 08:32
Blank
Zurechtweiser
114 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.27K Views
How should we market our software for Yoga Teachers?

We recently launched a software for Yoga Teachers to help them with their business around 3 weeks ago. The software has a free version that can be used for 30 days and has a pay per month version...

asked Jul 31 '13 at 15:01
Blank
John E
11 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
2.57K Views
serious vs fun name for startup

What are the Pros and Cons to each approach? Background: We have developed an pedometer based fundraising model and already have a couple clients. Now we want to begin marketing it to the...

asked Aug 1 '13 at 00:41
Blank
Michael Horwitz
21 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.84K Views
Scale marketing to SMBs?

I've developed software targeted at attorneys and accountants. In conducting interviews (prior to building) I was able to identify a consistent pain point, which my software resolves, but it isn't...

asked Aug 2 '13 at 20:34
Blank
User464180
159 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
2.06K Views
How to distinguish my startup from IM/MLM crud

My startup uses virtualisation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypervisor ) to allow anyone with a decent PC to make some money by renting out their computer over the internet. I'm a technologist at...

asked Aug 5 '13 at 02:41
Blank
Steve
310 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.82K Views
Approaching vendors- help?

I have started a comparison website for electronic consumer goods vendors, the website is ready, but I am having a problem getting in touch with someone whom I can speak to . I've tried asking for...

asked Jul 11 '13 at 18:55
Blank
Stanford Sequeira
42 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.34K Views
How to overcome this business fear?

I am a techie, now creating few amazing text extraction tech(yes, few of them are world's first related to web data). I am full time into it, and still I do not have any problem going opensource if...

asked Jul 15 '13 at 21:26
Blank
Akshayb
116 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.53K Views
Do you think its important to have an office space for startups?

What about a flexible, short term - office space like Regus? What are your thoughts about it?

asked Jul 17 '13 at 01:33
Blank
Shweta
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.07K Views
'Free' business model required for wide-spread acceptance?

In today's world is it a requirement for any software solution to be "free" to be able to achieve widespread acceptance/usage around the world?

asked Jul 19 '13 at 01:41
Blank
User221287
111 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.25K Views
How can I check my service? (like consumer-proof)

I have a prototype - educational web service and I just want to get some real users - would they use it, their feedback and so on. And I just don't know, where I can get them. At the moment site...

asked Jul 19 '13 at 20:04
Blank
Joe Half Face
188 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.1K Views
What to do with leads on Linked IN?

We generated several leads on Linked IN through the ad campaign of our API. Verified that those are not bots. What should be the next step?

asked Apr 30 '13 at 06:56
Blank
Max81
8 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.23K Views
Solving the chicken and egg problem: how to attract paying customers

I am having a bit of a catch-22 with my business model. I am trying to link employers to prospective employees based on personality/work ethic profiles (think eHarmony for jobs). However, I need a...

asked May 1 '13 at 14:24
Blank
User26065
8 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.76K Views
Choosing the right people for marketing the product

We have developed a new product that will hit the travel business soon at Pune India. One part needs to be installed on the cab drivers phone, and the other part needs to be installed on...

asked May 13 '13 at 20:43
Blank
Siddharth
137 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.08K Views
Are there benefits in targeting local companies to use my SaaS product?

I'm developing a software as a service product due to a problem I was experiencing when emailing clients. Without going into too much detail about it; it's a product that would be aimed towards...

asked Apr 11 '13 at 02:07
Blank
Iamjonesy
129 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.53K Views
is it all about how much sales you will make?

In the beginning of our online retail shop, we always have many thinkings about how much profit will we make per item that we sell in our online shop. But by the time, after 2 years, we ran the...

asked Apr 22 '13 at 01:47
Blank
Kalingga
245 points

6 Votes
4 Answers
2.5K Views
How to market mobile apps?

I've been a developer at startups before, but I've never been involved in marketing. I'm now trying to sell a few of my own mobile apps, and I'm hitting a brick wall. Two months ago I released an...

asked Mar 25 '13 at 16:56
Blank
Gabe Sechan
131 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.06K Views
Should I use my company or website logo on my business card

I have a start-up company and currently working and promoting one website. Should I use the logo of the website or the logo of the company on my business card when I approach corporate clients to...

asked Mar 29 '13 at 15:53
Blank
Zen
8 points