Chicken And Egg Questions

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.79K Views
Creating a dating site without sleazy tactics like fake profiles?

All the current dating sites (Plentyoffish, OkCupid, etc) started by first creating hundreds of thousands of fake profiles and activity to attract users.And then slowly scaling back on those fake...

asked Jul 11 '14 at 14:19
Blank
Kandy Max
12 points

9 Votes
4 Answers
5.45K Views
How do you solve the "chicken and egg" problem?

There are two variants of the chicken-and-egg problem: When there are two distinct classes of participants in your business, e.g. buyers and sellers, but it is hard to attract one class without...

asked Mar 18 '10 at 14:51
Blank
Joseph Turian
895 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
1.86K Views
Breaking the Chicken Egg dependency (taxi's vs travelers)

I have read through the Q&Z for chicken egg issue, on this site. And have come up with a solution. I hope to receive some business advice on my solution. A Taxi Booking, webportal/mobile app...

asked Dec 10 '12 at 14:51
Blank
Siddharth
137 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.05K Views
Some kind of chicken and egg problem

I built a web site, that people can reserve sport fields. I talked to sport facilities and told them that, they can sell their unreserved hours through this web site. Most of them accepted to join...

asked Dec 7 '10 at 20:47
Blank
Skuzey
6 points

-2 Votes
1 Answers
1.98K Views
How to implement "infrastructure" ideas?

I have several ideas that I label "infrastructure ideas" (both physical and virtual). This means that the ideas will create completely new infrastructure (I use a very broad definition of the term)...

asked Jun 14 '10 at 05:41
Blank
David
1,567 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.9K Views
Any examples of "positive feedback" startup ideas for production companies?

I am looking for examples of ideas, historical or current, where the output of a production process is also used as the input. An example could be something like this: Magnifying glass is used to...

asked Jul 9 '10 at 06:16
Blank
David
1,567 points