Publishing Questions

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.5K Views
Venues in which to promote a product as a teenager

I'm fifteen, and I just created a product. I've got the code done, but I have no experience with the actually marketing a product. So, how can I, as a teenager with no money, promote my project....

asked Dec 4 '13 at 13:32
Blank
Dylan Katz
10 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.01K Views
Interpretation of phrase "X, namely Y" in trademark?

I have a question regarding how a certain aspect of trademarks should be interpreted in the general sense, but I'll provide some of the specifics of my situation as a concrete example. The General...

asked May 8 '13 at 07:54
Blank
rbwhitaker
3,465 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.83K Views
Book Publication Graphic Design Legal Advice

A) I have sent a copy of my manuscript to a graphic designer I wanted to work with without an NDA/ any form of contract signed. I now no longer want to work with him. I have evidence that the...

asked Nov 16 '12 at 21:11
Blank
Natasha
1 point

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.06K Views
Is a label considered a publishing company?

I have always been confused as to what the actual function of a Music Label is. I would think that it is a production company, but it could also been as a publishing company because they are also...

asked Apr 16 '12 at 00:36
Blank
Hydroparadise
115 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
2.6K Views
Should I pitch on This Week in Startups when we aren't yet ready to launch?

After two years of development, our start-up is pre-beta and in an incubator. We have the chance to pitch on This Week in Startups, but I am concerned about too much publicity from potential...

asked Mar 15 '12 at 15:55
Blank
Laramie
192 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.83K Views
Do I need ISSN or ISBN?

I run a company that sells online language-learning applications. I thought that I could also sell e-books. My question is - do I in the UK have to register for ISBN or ISSN? Is this obligatory, or...

asked Mar 12 '12 at 02:16
Blank
Lukeshek
452 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.27K Views
Tool for publishing an eBook?

I was wondering, does anyone know of any good ebook writer / providers out there for self publishing? For example, I want to be able to write the book and publish in pdf/html on the site, or...

asked Oct 10 '09 at 11:57
Blank
Furtivefelon
111 points