Investors Questions

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.44K Views
How to get an investor's attention at a conference?

I'm a Russian guy, living in Siberia. I have a great team and a prototype of a kick-ass project. I'm going to LeWeb 2010 (Paris), which is the biggest European web conference. There are going to be...

asked Dec 3 '10 at 06:31
Blank
User5770
26 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
5.12K Views
Getting investors for the first time - how does financing work?

So how typically does financing work. Are investors basically giving me a loan that I have to pay back? Are they buying equity (so that upon business failure, nobody owes anybody anything)? Are...

asked Dec 6 '10 at 09:03
Blank
John Berryman
388 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.56K Views
In seed funding, can the investment come from multiple sources?

I have two investors that appear interested in my concept. I am going to speak to one tomorrow. I intend to disclose to him that I will also be speaking with another investor very soon. If possible...

asked Dec 14 '10 at 13:20
Blank
John Berryman
388 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.02K Views
Where would one advertise for a lead man/woman?

We are seeking to bring in someone at a founder level that is connected in the Silicon valley investment circles. Is there anywhere in particular we could advert to see if anyone fits our group?...

asked Nov 24 '10 at 12:11
Blank
Xs Direct
275 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.47K Views
How do you obtain angel investors help?

I am brand new to the startup stage and am trying to obtain money to get my startup off the ground. I have heard about angel investors but I have no idea how to get in contact with them (especially...

asked Nov 28 '10 at 04:11
Blank
Chromedude
202 points

10 Votes
5 Answers
6.55K Views
Should I pitch my idea to Angel Investors?

We have an idea for a website. I am a software developer, but I don't want to spend all my time creating this site that won't sell or be marketable or popular whatsoever, and make us no...

asked Nov 9 '10 at 04:47
Blank
Scott
165 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.5K Views
Does A Startup Need A Full-Time CIO For Making Investors Happy?

Here's the scenario: there's a startup with two founders (and a couple of other participants) in it working part-time while keeping their full-time, primary jobs. They are building a...

asked Nov 12 '10 at 05:34
Blank
Alphadogg
1,383 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.34K Views
What are questions every VC should ask a startup?

Believe the question explains itself, but if you have questions, just let me know.

asked Oct 13 '10 at 09:25
Blank
Blunders .
899 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.52K Views
What does it mean to 'Tell a Story'?

What exactly do these startup mentors mean when they say 'Tell a good story'?

asked Oct 20 '10 at 06:49
Blank
Blankman
131 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.4K Views
Partnership questions

I am working on the project which is in its pre beta stage. This is a web based service that allows to distribute some content in a printed format. I got several offers from investors and printing...

asked Sep 30 '10 at 05:08
Blank
User4535
16 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
3.25K Views
What is the best way to present our business plan to potential investors or to a bank?

We have an excellent Business Plan, for some fantastic mobile ideas. The down side, we need funding to get these ideas developed and to market. What is the best way to meet with potential...

asked Jul 21 '10 at 11:31
Blank
Gulu Apps
41 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
3.02K Views
Mini-Site to attract Investors?

I have an idea about a web application type of website. I am wondering if I should make a mini site and allow users to sign up and get information about whats coming up. I can use the numbers of...

asked Aug 14 '10 at 04:03
Blank
Bhargav Patel
784 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.96K Views
Is it a good idea to contact investors using Twitter?

I know its easier to get backed up by investors if you know someone, but how can I talk to such people? They must be so busy with what they are doing. Example: Dharmesh. Sometimes there is...

asked Aug 15 '10 at 02:29
Blank
Bhargav Patel
784 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.44K Views
How does a company (squarespace) get 40million in minority investment when its revenue is say 5 million?

If a company (squarespace) is doing around 5-8million, how could they possible get a minority investment of almost 40 million? Minority to me means less than 50%, so that would put the companies...

asked Aug 19 '10 at 04:07
Blank
Un Startup
162 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.73K Views
How to approach an angel investor?

Once you have identified an angel investor what are some of the questions you should ask him/her and what should you be prepared to talk about with them? Ex: the business in brief, investment...

asked Jun 28 '10 at 22:49
Blank
Stacey
484 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.47K Views
Issuing new shares

I set up a company with 1 share. The company is now attracting investment for which we will offer, in total, 20% ownership of the company. These would be B Ordinary Shares - with the only...

asked May 18 '10 at 01:33
Blank
Stealth
76 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.7K Views
Unvested shares

Let's say a Founder currently owns 100% of the company but wishes to offer 10% of the company to a part-time contributor. He offers a 4-year vesting period to that contributor with a 1-year...

asked May 21 '10 at 00:19
Blank
Stealth
76 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.62K Views
Where to seek private investors?

I am trying to find a retired executive who has industry expertise and who can help me grow the company and invest in it. Where do I begin to find people like this? I don't find they are make...

asked Jun 4 '10 at 03:39
Blank
Stacey
484 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.35K Views
Keeping investors updated

Our company has attracted 14 private investors, each for relatively small stakes. They not only provide seed capital, but also diverse experience and valuable advice. Can you recommend a...

asked Jun 8 '10 at 07:29
Blank
Stealth
76 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
2.31K Views
Do I have to be physically present in SF to attract investors?

I have been reading articles by Paul Graham on start ups and am currently in the process of deciding where to incorporate. What baffles me is that most tech startups move to SF early on when the...

asked Apr 6 '10 at 20:54
Blank
Vnchopra
418 points